What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

[Regarding Maximas]

Well, that's even better; the VQ is an even better engine than the VG, and it's been on Ward's Best 10 Engines List every year since it was first evaluated. Nissan took everything they learned from the VG and refined it.

Anyway, I'm getting ready for a big salvage run. Gotta go

Wasted 6 gallons of gas going to Dallas, finding out the woman who owned the lot I saw a parts '95 XE at was gone, so I went to Garland to see if my buddy was there, to kill some time, but he wasn't so I went back and she wanted $300 for a hood and some headlight assemblies. So I drove 105 miles today for nothing. Pretty pissed off.

Finally fixed my idler pully. Yes, FIXED, I'm too cheap/broke to actually replace something. :D It wasn't so much worn out as dirty and out of lube, so I pulled it apart, cleaned/repacked the bearing, and put it back in. The grinding/scraping sound is gone! Now I've just got to deal with the rattling driver's heat shield... and I can just ditch that, correct?

And even with a procedure this simple... I managed to skin a knuckle. THE PATHY REQUIRES BLOOD SACRIFICE.

Well I decided to purchase a cheap rebuilt starter since I can't afford the Beck Arnley one I want, pulled the starter (I got it out from the front disconnecting the idler arm, still wasn't that easy, I kept repeating to myself what I've read on here " It will come right out the front" !! BS !!!) and went to auto parts store, had mine tested first, of course it passed, had them test the new rebuilt to make sure it worked, it did and def spun quicker. Back home got the new one in (from the top pretty easy) and hooked up, oil sender wire back on, put the filter back on, tried to start the truck and it started, was letting it run for a moment when I started to hear this weird spraying type noise, looked under the truck to find oil everywhere, shut the truck down and pulled the oil filter to find I must have made a hole in it when I was removing it !!!!

So back to the store tomorrow for a new filter and some purple power so I can wash all the oil off everything!! Done for today...

replaced both door handles today, and went through and replaced about 9ft of vacuum line that was starting to rot after 25 years.. (this pathy is original down to the plastic zip clamp things from the factory)

Today, made the connector for the oil pressure switch tighter so it won't come off on it's own, put the new oil filter on, de-oiled everything from yesterdays oil leak, put the idler arm back on, topped off the oil and started the truck and let it run for a few to charge the battery.

Heard that whistling noise at warm idle again. I suspect a vacuum leak. Why do I get the feeling it's the cruise pump?

Anyway, when it gets a bit warmer this afternoon, I'm gonna take some water to my vacuum lines, see if I can spot anything.

If you can't find it, try some Berrymans B12 in the spray can it works great for finding vacuum leaks, it also works pretty good as a starting fluid

changed air filter, replaced a crushed washer hose, fixed cruise control(little plastic tab on brake pedal was broken), hunted down a headlight fault to no avail, and ordered a new headlight switch, door hinge pins, and brake and clutch pedal pads

Edited by BBB

Came 2 inches from rolling her. On purpose. I can't tell if I'm reckless or suicidal. xD

I also came pretty close to rolling my Nissan today.

A friend of mine in one of those tiny ass Yaris cars was 'drifting' in a parking lot with me. His turning radius is MUCH smaller. FF though.

We were racing around town a little bit. For having a 1.4l or whatever engine, those things are quick. I'm sure he always had the pedal to the floor, but damn it can move.

Other than that, took my mom to some bulk grocery store 20 miles away. Had it at 90mph/3.8k RPM the whole time (actually ~70mph because of the tires). Once you get that VG into the 3k+ RPM range, acceleration is amazing.

I also came pretty close to rolling my Nissan today.

A friend of mine in one of those tiny ass Yaris cars was 'drifting' in a parking lot with me. His turning radius is MUCH smaller. FF though.

We were racing around town a little bit. For having a 1.4l or whatever engine, those things are quick. I'm sure he always had the pedal to the floor, but damn it can move.

Other than that, took my mom to some bulk grocery store 20 miles away. Had it at 90mph/3.8k RPM the whole time (actually ~70mph because of the tires). Once you get that VG into the 3k+ RPM range, acceleration is amazing.

You can't drift an FF. That is the first rule. Also, in a parking lot, it's not drifting, it's sliding donuts. I hate how people call that drift, now. Drift is a method of cornering that involves letting the tires slip, and understeering in the opposite direction of the turn, to achieve faster cornering speeds at the expense of endurance.

/rant

Anyway, I have a reckless streak wider than yo mama. First time I drifted, I was in the GMC, and it went perfectly. In the Saturn, I've raced a number of people, mostly from my high school. Only lost 2 races. Impressive, considering the Saturn has less than 100hp, and most of those were on bald tires. (Whoo, cheap family) Driving the Pathfinder like I'm a street racer seems a bit disrespectful to the chassis, but the 300ZX engine just screams (literally) for me to go fast. There's one thing I like more than taking the Pathfinder offroad, and that's making a car go entirely too fast. And despite all of my reckless driving, the only time I've had an accident of any sort, was coming home from school in the Saturn one day, and I revved a bit too hard on a downshift to turn right (going perfectly within the speed limit I might add) and the car jumped forward and blew the right tires on the lip of a drive-in. It also smashed the CV shaft on that side.

I've only been pulled over twice, while I'm on the subject. The first time, this cop had been following me while I maintained the same speed (30mph; cruise control was on, for laughs) for a few miles, then as I'm lugging up the tallest hill in the town I was in, she starts flashing her lights, pulls me over at the top, and says I was going 5 over, then later said 10 over. (For reference, I was going 30 in a 35 zone; she claimed I entered a 30 zone at 35, then 40, but the speed limit change wasn't until after the street at the top of the hill, regardless) Didn't get a ticket, though. I would have contested that so hard. The other time, was in the Pathfinder, because it had been raining, and I was going to turn around some kids in the middle of the parking lot, so the rear end swung out and, the tires sliding, the engine revved up way high before catching and launching me. This cop thought I was driving recklessly. (ALWAYS IN SITUATIONS WHERE I'M NOT) Pulls me over, I don't even have proof of insurance (it hadn't come in the mail yet, and while I had the policy number, he wouldn't accept it) and lets me go. Can't write a traffic ticket on a private parking lot in Texas.

*ahem*

Anyway, my mom's car's transmission is out, and local (to her) mechanics are saying it'll cost 5 grand to repair it. It's a Saturn Ion transmission, so I know they're lying. I'm considering dragging her car out behind the Pathfinder, and replacing the tranny with one from an Ion in a yard. I mean, that should be $150 for the tranny, if I know the local yards, and I could swap it out in a day. But mostly, I just want to tow something with Sammy lol