What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

How difficult are the motor mounts to get to and replace? I need to do CV axles and mounts on a '94 Villager soon. That sucks about the pilot bushing man!

With the front tires and the plastic guards removed it wasn't too bad. You'll need a swivel and long extensions though. The worst one was the one under the air box. After removing all the bolts from the mount you'll have to remove the lower aluminum bracket to get the mount out. You don't need to jack the motor for the two mounts that bolt to the trans, just for the ones directly under the motor. I did the CV boots a while back, they aren't bad either. You don't even loose any trans oil when you pull the shafts out.

On the pathy if I have to pull the torsion bars to get the tranny out, it's time for some sway-aways!

James

Filled the tank, drove in the rain. Swung the tail out a few times, which was fun. I was headed to class this morning, and the road crosses a creek in the final stretch. Well, it flooded this morning, and I was so close to just pushing the barricades aside and fording the foot of water that had pooled in the road. There wasn't any current or anything; that creek is practically stagnant. But reason prevailed and I ended up going around the long way.

I was the only one who wanted to go through the water, though. A couple of the Jeep owners at the school, and a few pickup owners were about to do the same before a cop showed up.

put in 8 new ngk gpower plugs, the previous owner had the wrong plugs in it :headwall: and since the cheapo plug wires were $30, i just bought the Accel universals and made my own for $36. a little more labor but way worth it.. the plug wires i replaced were the original wires for the truck :omg: they were so hard they cracked as bent them to take them off.. 218k miles..

but it runs nice now :)

Edited by kodi3482

towed it home after it decided to leave a mile long rainbow on the road... :( (tranny fluid line popped off) then it left a mile long rainbow all the way home... :O

nyan pathy? 10000.gif

Adjusted my rear brakes so my e-brake performs correctly!

Fixed fuel door opening spring. I think it got jared from having branches hitting it during the last storm. Had to bend the spring so it wouldnt hook on the hinge. Lubed the hinge and the lock actuator and cable. Works perfectly now. Also straightend and lubed power antenna mast so it would extend and retract properly after also getting bent by a branch.

KNEW IT!! :gay:

LOL

good one.

Apathy

That's pretty clever. It's A Pathy, and it doesn't give a @!*%.

What did I do to my truck today? hmm...hmm...what did I do? Oh YEAH! I know. I wish I didn't have to ride my bike home in the rain -.- A motorized enclosed cabin would have been nice.

I stumbled upon a new issue. The passenger door doesn't want to stay all the way shut. I know the problem with the driver door is it's loose and misaligned, but the passenger door is nice and tight and slides into place perfectly, except it doesn't stay all the way shut. It's on the redundant latch, like if you didn't close the hood all the way.

Any ideas? Maybe the latch needs to be regreased?

Does it ever shut all the way? Are you saying it does shut all the way, but then slides out?

Some car doors have a latch that slides down over the bar. If you fskc with this latch while the door is open, the door won't shut all the way (it will do that thing where it goes on the first click, but it's still open).

If it does shut all the way, but slides out, then that secondary latch isn't closing and you need to regrease it or reassemble it if the spring somehow came loose.

Looked at it... then kicked it... and later on cleaned the Hardbody that im driving... hopefully ill have my pathy back this weekend... if not. its gonna be a 500ish dollar repair. :(

Is the door handle sticking up when you pull on it.

Always! Especially in the winter. Passengers get in, close the door and on the first left turn the door flies open. I guess I should do something about it...

completely removed the engine harness from and infiniti M30.

Oh wait what did I to to my pathy... Drove it to David's where the M30 is parked and got excited about doing my MPFI swap...

Looked at it... then kicked it... and later on cleaned the Hardbody that im driving... hopefully ill have my pathy back this weekend... if not. its gonna be a 500ish dollar repair. :(

I thought you just lost fluid?

Just put the hose back on and make sure it's clamped down firmly...? That's a good course of action, isn't it?

I had some fun in the morning rain. I didn't go fast, of course. That's just dangerous. especially around here. I had some fun with puddles and I didn't even slip the tires! I guess I'm getting better.

completely removed the engine harness from and infiniti M30.

Oh wait what did I to to my pathy... Drove it to David's where the M30 is parked and got excited about doing my MPFI swap...

I want an M30. 5-speed swap that. Sport Luxury for under 2 g's. Ugly, but stable as hell around the corners. Also rides nice. You know. For the ladies.

Anyway, I'm still having trouble with the door, and the driver window is ever so slightly down. Gonna have to fix that and rain-x my windows. Looks like window stuff has to come before front-end stuff.

I want an M30. 5-speed swap that. Sport Luxury for under 2 g's. Ugly, but stable as hell around the corners. Also rides nice. You know. For the ladies.

M30, 5-speed, VG33ET, 12PSI intercooled, LSD rear end, Koni adjustables, Z32 TT brakes, oh yeah...

M30, 5-speed, VG33ET, 12PSI intercooled, LSD rear end, Koni adjustables, Z32 TT brakes, oh yeah...

Screw the 33, that's a truck engine, no two ways about it. Keep the VG30E in there, T30 it, 10PSI intercooled, R200 diff, but I do agree about the Z32 brakes. Of course all that bumps the cost way up, and is still before considering suspension stuff, but it IS a luxury car...