What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

:shiftyeyes: Seems I'm not the first noob inside this dash.

Take that. Multiply it by 50. And you have my stereo harness.

Cleaned it up real good again today. I washed it off 3 days ago, but that didn't seem to do anything..As soon as it dried all the splash marks and mud were right where they were before. I guess I didn't scrub hard enough

I moved a green LED from an Un-needed and damaged CA emissions ECU to a good working M30 ECU.

I'm assuming the M30 ECU never had green LED from the factory because they intended the dealer to use the consult plug for pulling codes. I do not and will not have consult but I am sure that since I added the green LED that I will be able to pull flashing light codes in the same manner as the stock pathfinders.

DSCF4787.jpg?t=1328264489

th_DSCF4786.jpg th_DSCF4785.jpg

that's awesome man. are you going to be doing any experimenting with custom tuning at all for the vg30e now that you will be running mpfi? I am running a vg33e swap with intake/headers/exhaust and soon to be 3.0 cams. I would love to do a custom tune to really unlock the power of the motor now. Looking for anyone else that has any experience and it seems you do have experience with ecus! :P I have a bag full of eprom sockets that will fit an 8 bit nissan ecu. should work perfect for plug and play chip tuning on the ecu.

that's awesome man. are you going to be doing any experimenting with custom tuning at all for the vg30e now that you will be running mpfi? I am running a vg33e swap with intake/headers/exhaust and soon to be 3.0 cams. I would love to do a custom tune to really unlock the power of the motor now. Looking for anyone else that has any experience and it seems you do have experience with ecus! :P I have a bag full of eprom sockets that will fit an 8 bit nissan ecu. should work perfect for plug and play chip tuning on the ecu.

Hopefully within the next year or two I will be.

I will be running Nistune. After soldering a 28 pin eprom socket the and an additional 4 pin connector nearby, nistune daughter board drops right in (replacing the chip where the ribbon is)

The daughter board offers real time monitoring and is hot programmable via the consult connector and nistune tuning software the software also displays any fault codes right on screen with code number and description. The Factory tune is always stored and can be reverted to at any time and there are 2 or 3 alternate tunes that you can store and modify on there as well. And then of course, you can store as many as you want on your computer and swap them in and out as desired.

went to pick n pull and bought it a receiver and trailer lighting harness for 36$! :D then come to find out i may have to make some adjustments to make the reciever fit since the truck i got it off of was like a 92ish... :thumbsdown:

well, they may have drilled the hole bigger and tapped it to put the hitch on. but four bolts hold the hitch to the frame two on each side. it hangs from the bottom of the frame. and my 94' has some loop things tied in kind of with the bumper bracketry. its odd. we are gonna have to drill the hole out and tap it on my frame atleast. its just a few sizes to small. then figure out how to get it to match the other two holes...

I remember having a similar issue with the hitch I put on my red truck. definitely strange!

I painted my spoiler with bedliner!

427362_377776498905378_100000190938619_1741897_751882715_n.jpg

The paint on these things is extremely thin, when I was sanding it, it was taking absolutely NO elbow grease to get down to the aluminum.

David made me these though today...

2012-02-05_21-03-06_896.jpg

should help... :)

and... yesterday i scraped up enough money to get 5.889 gallons of gas... -_- today i found 12$ to make it to Vancouver tomorrow. with a 1/4 left in the tank right now... should be fun! but when i get there i get 20$ for gas. so that's a relief!

I've only gone through... three cans? 1.75 for my wheels. .25 for the spoiler, and it didn't take a whole lot to do my three wipers and the two vent covers. But the truck looks much better now! I wish I had taken a before pic of the hood vents, cause they had faded to some weird cream color? blech!

I cleaned up an MPFI lower intake manifold for welding a custom sensor fitting on it

Removed all the casting seams and slag from inside the runners

Removed potential dirt traps from the outside so it wont trap as much mud and water

Smoothed the exterior sharp edges so won't stab me the next time I have to yank on it to get it off of an engine.

(pic maybe later)

Then I spent 4 hours pouring over wire diagrams and making large piles of 22 year old electrical tape while I striped unneeded things like Electronic shocks, ABS controllers and AC (which might go back in) from the engine harness that will be going into my pathy.395263_266776813395582_100001897976884_651284_1618679581_n.jpg

Edited by MY1PATH