What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

lol, bent rims. When I hop a curb at speed, I don't screw the rim... Just the CV axle and subframe... (I swear it was an accident, anyone could misshift)

LOL true. When I hit curbs, I just take chunks of sidewall out as big as my fist.

I swear, that sewer drain jumped out on me.

Edited by 1994SEV6

I would venture a guess that your lack of oil flow is due to more filtering taking place. It's the same thing as an air filter. The more it filters, the less air flow you get. Less crap getting into your engine...but less power for your engine.

Wrong.

Air filters pose almost no restriction as long as it is properly sized (i.e. fits in the airbox correctly). More info than you care for here. Hell, a clogged air filter doesn't even impact mileage anymore.

AirFilter+ONL+MileageNewvsClogged+530+2011-03-22.jpg

Regarding oil filters, even a "restrictive" oil filter, as some claim, such as a Purolator PureONE with its 99.9% efficiency at 20 microns, flows very well. Once again, enough info to give you a headache here.

Wrong.

Air filters pose almost no restriction as long as it is properly sized (i.e. fits in the airbox correctly). More info than you care for here. Hell, a clogged air filter doesn't even impact mileage anymore.

AirFilter+ONL+MileageNewvsClogged+530+2011-03-22.jpg

Regarding oil filters, even a "restrictive" oil filter, as some claim, such as a Purolator PureONE with its 99.9% efficiency at 20 microns, flows very well. Once again, enough info to give you a headache here.

What I'm even more skeptical about is the 36mpg in a Dodge Charger. Even now, Dodge only advertises 31mpg. We all know, the advertised rating is very skewed.

Replaced my power steering pump tensioner and slammed my lip into my tow hook after rust fell in my eye. Pretty good night so far.

Edited by 1994SEV6

i reindexed my tbars today but not sure how much lift i gained but it was a good amount maybe 3ish, i always forget to measure things before i start but it looks way better

before

5o65t45w53n53m83l2b9s54.jpg

after

16693125510554993721343.jpg

hope pic isnt to big

Edited by ANDY

Went on an adventure. A whole bunch of offroad screwing around with Matt and Scott, some reverse burnouts on these bumpy tires, drove around the track and football field at my high school, pissed people off, raced this douche in an Exploder with his pissed-off wife, followed a black WD21 SE for awhile, twice, on a coincidence. More offroadery. Taught Scott how to drive stick. BURNED SO MUCH GASOLINE.

Still haven't found that vacuum leak. Is there anywhere on the back of the engine where there should be vacuum? That's where the hissing sounds like it's coming from.

Still haven't found that vacuum leak. Is there anywhere on the back of the engine where there should be vacuum? That's where the hissing sounds like it's coming from.

LOL "Is there". ha... This guy.

These engines have hoses running everywhere. Boy, do I have some pictures to show you.

Well excuse me if my experience is with KAs and CAs, on top of an assortment of American L4s and a couple GM L-series 350s. (Not LS-series. L-series) None of those engines have any hoses on the back, except for the heater core hoses.

I've never had to pull a VG, yet. Here's hoping I don't have to until it becomes an option of my own choosing.

Finished the external transmission cooler and new inline filter install..... :D

marked the roof for the roof rack mounts.....

measured and marked the chunk of steel that is going to become my new front bumper.....

carrying that chunk to work Tuesday to do the cutting as I have no torch..... :(

hmm, torch, that needs to go on the list of things to buy..... :lmao:

removed the stock fog light mounts.....

bout to go start drilling holes in the roof for the mounts and get that rack on and then cut fenders.....

whew, that's about it for now!!!!!

Edited by Meandmy92Pathy

Finally got a timing light, hoping it will shed some light on the dragging feeling in my 91.

Good news on the 95 though, I think I finally got the starter issue sorted out.

I replaced the cable for the (+) terminal to the starter last weekend and so far so good in a week of -38C dead calm weather. I had inspected the original on several occassions and it seemed fine, however after replacing it I stripped the housing.

It looks like 17 year old wire was crimped badly enough during the numerous starter removal/installations over the past year that it was basically broken about 5cm up from the starter. The housing looked OK on the outside though.

I think this explains why the starter(s) bench tested fine, and the "tap it" trick seemed to work only once in a while. My guess is I was actually touching and adjusting the wire with the pipe I was using to tap the starter(?)

Complete tune up. Cap, rotor, plugs, wires, pcv, air filter. Check timing. Every plug was seized. Good thing I watched the Pat Goss video on how to deal with seized spark plugs. You can bet thet every replacement got anti-seize on the threads before it went in. Banged my head on the front corner of the hood forty-leven times. Fun!!

Chased down a Code 13 ECM fault. Not the harness and the thermostat is operating properly so I'm going to the store tomorrow to buy a new ECTS sensor.

Just regreased my idler pulley for my A/C belt. Wow, that made a huge difference. Before, when I spun it, it would stop about half a second after I took my hand off. Now, it will stay spinning for a good 5 seconds.

Just for reference, I used some 3-in-one oil. I think it's some generic CVS stuff that we've had in the closet for years. I didn't really want to use it on the bearing, but after seeing the insides of it, I couldn't just put it back on my truck like that.

Also grabbed the 8" sub from my Jeep project and made a 1/4" acrylic mount in rear storage area. Routed the speaker wire to the floor compartment under the cargo mat where the 14 year old Alpine amp (that was also pulled from the corner of a closet) now lives.

6671331193_38186e23b1.jpg

Well, I didn't like the way the 8" RF Punch sounded so I pulled one of the 12" Kenwoods I had from another sub box and built a new box for it that goes up over the wheel well. Then carpeted it with tan carpet (actually the back side of some Mossy Oak camo carpet found at Wal-Mart) to match the cargo area. Then wired up another, more powerful amp in the same spot as the old one.

6750947023_e870b6dbae.jpg

Still have to modidy my center caps after the Warn hub install...

Edited by E_ROCK

New ECTS and new Temp Gauge sender. Ran ECM diagnostic and turned up code '55', operating within normal parameters. Oil change. Took it to get smogged and failed the NOx by a small margin so I took it to the muffler shop and had a new cat installed. Retested and passed. Third times a charm. Then paid the tax man for registration. Good for another year. The Blue Bomber rides again. Long live the Blue Bomber!!

When I got my truck, it didn't have a bumper. so I got one off an 87... but it didn't last very long, and didn't really flow with the truck, I didn't think anyway, but it was a bumper!

Here it is after a certain wheeling trip where I shoved it in to the ground, repeatedly.

The right hand side is completely mangled and rusty.

IMG_20120123_154500.jpg

And the one I pulled off a 94 today:

IMG_20120123_162352.jpg

Much more betterer!

• Like 2

I replaced the connector for my cylinder head temp sender. Then pressure washed the mud out of the RR fender well and tightened all the clamps on the filler and vent hoses. A small amount of water has been getting in since a chunk of tree ripped the plastic guard thing out on a wheeling trip. I got another guard/cover and will bolt as well as glue it in tomorrow with silicone so it's not so easy to rip out next time. :aok:

I made my pathy jealous so it decided to get back at me!

Sunday I worked on my 01 quest. I changed the oil, changed both front and rear sway bar end links, and three of the motor mounts so the motor quits flopping around. Drove the pathy to work Monday and the pilot bushing that would squeal every now and then is now squealing steady as long as I hold the clutch in! I really hate to go through all that work to change such a cheap part but I guess now I have to.

James

I made my pathy jealous so it decided to get back at me!

Sunday I worked on my 01 quest. I changed the oil, changed both front and rear sway bar end links, and three of the motor mounts so the motor quits flopping around. Drove the pathy to work Monday and the pilot bushing that would squeal every now and then is now squealing steady as long as I hold the clutch in! I really hate to go through all that work to change such a cheap part but I guess now I have to.

James

How difficult are the motor mounts to get to and replace? I need to do CV axles and mounts on a '94 Villager soon. That sucks about the pilot bushing man!