What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

LOL enjoying yourself Garret?

I need a break, where are those rattle cans I forgot to buy? I feel like being artistic with someones manifold cover.

this afternoon I went to the JY to pull a few things I missed for my MPFI conversion and got kicked out at closing time before I was done... I hate being on grave shift sleep schedule.

Edited by MY1PATH

Removed the center piece on the dash to fix the falling in stereo system. Found a total Hack Job.

Before

Photo0282.jpg

Opened it up to find this...

020912142526.jpg

020912142909.jpg

020912151749.jpg

020912151757.jpg

020912151957.jpg

Cleaned it up as best I could because I was freezing

After

020912155154.jpg

020912162922.jpg

After cursing and screaming because I forgot about the cig lighter.

020912171657.jpg

Removed the center piece on the dash to fix the falling in stereo system. Found a total Hack Job.

why are they ALWAYS like that?!?! I don't even understand how someone can just randomly tape wires off and shove them somewhere like that. You would think it would actually be easier to do it properly based on the level of failure.

Mine is the same way. What a headache.

I wouldn't tolerate a hack job on any wiring. I went overkill with my stereo wiring. I soldered the wires, covered with electrical tape, then used zip ties to prevent the tape from potentially unrolling in the heat (I had no heatshrink available).

IMG_0591.jpg

I wouldn't tolerate a hack job on any wiring. I went overkill with my stereo wiring. I soldered the wires, covered with electrical tape, then used zip ties to prevent the tape from potentially unrolling in the heat (I had no heatshrink available).

That's a really nice job. and a great idea. I need to re-do my harness anyway

painted the grill rattle can flat black... :tongue: ...bout to head out for National Guard drill for the weekend... :fireworx: ...when I return on Sunday, the front fenders are getting under body spray on the inside and the tension rod and assorted parts that go with it will go on.......then all four tires will be back on the ground!!!!!

Washed it up and took some pics with the lift and new 32" tires...i ended up washing it and its still cold out and now my damn drive door wont close i just close it and lock it andi can still open it.

2012-02-10_12-30-34_907.jpg

2012-02-10_12-30-48_545.jpg

2012-02-10_12-31-00_555.jpg

2012-02-10_12-31-13_25.jpg

2012-02-10_12-31-28_255.jpg

Edited by edicer2

why are they ALWAYS like that?!?! I don't even understand how someone can just randomly tape wires off and shove them somewhere like that. You would think it would actually be easier to do it properly based on the level of failure.

Mine is the same way. What a headache.

faintthud.gif Really?

That really pisses me off when people cut the harness and don't use an adapter, especially for the antenna. The kit with both is like 15 bucks at best buy!!!

you should see under the dash on the drivers side. I'll take a picture or two later.

Edit: Because I'm only recently exposing myself to all this wiring in the truck. Some one answer me..I know that random black wire that ran to noting is supposed to go somewhere. I was wondering if someone could explain to me as to where it was supposed to go. I assume its the negative because if i touch metal with it i see sparks. :D

My dad wanted to send to truck to a workshop to wire the rear factory speakers I found I still had. I was like, "NOOOO! I saw the stereo wiring. No one touches the wiring in that truck other than me. Let the shop fix my fuel pump." LoL

I would have went OCD like u did but i couldnt feel my fingers after opening it up the first time. I was cold as fsck.

Edited by PathfinderIII

Put my new neutral safety switch/range sensor in. Now I have reverse lights/cruise control/overdrive and the ability to start the truck the normal way. Also got it emission tested, passed with flying colours.

Tomorrow I'll put the center console back in and start on the rear brakes, weather permitting.

Put my new neutral safety switch/range sensor in. Now I have reverse lights/cruise control/overdrive and the ability to start the truck the normal way. Also got it emission tested, passed with flying colours.

Tomorrow I'll put the center console back in and start on the rear brakes, weather permitting.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH is this why I don't have reverse lights? I just soldered my park-neutral switch together for my trans swap. I haven't had reverse lights since. I always thought it was a wire in my auto trans shifter that I didn't reconnect.

meh...it seems as if my center console is never going back in.

oh by the way, how hard is it to replace a front fender/quarter panel?

I tried to teach my friend how to drive stick and he promptly kissed someone's hand rail for their front stairs.

Edited by 1994SEV6

OHHHHHHHHHHHH is this why I don't have reverse lights?

If you wired everything right, you can take out your back up light switch and manually push the button. Your back up lights should come on. If you put it back in and it doesn't work, the piece inside the tranny is worn. The switch is sort of a pain to get to, I cut a slot in a cheap 19MM socket so it looks like a O2 sensor socket. That way you don't Jack up the wire.

Your not supposed to put it on with the xterra emblem on it! Take that back off and paint it! Lol!

Everything went ok?

James

another non sunroof xterra rack conversion?

One day I'll get mine on, minus the xterra sticker, LOL