What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Finished the drivers side frame rust repairs. Awaiting more Internal frame coating from Eastwood to arrive, so the truly messy part of the rust repair job can commence: Painting the frame. Ugh. Still no snow(read: road salt) in Chicago. If this is what global warming does, I'm all in favor of it.

Finished the drivers side frame rust repairs. Awaiting more Internal frame coating from Eastwood to arrive, so the truly messy part of the rust repair job can commence: Painting the frame. Ugh. Still no snow(read: road salt) in Chicago. If this is what global warming does, I'm all in favor of it.

too bad there is no such thing as global warming, only climate change.

Tinkered with the engine a bit more. I have to take the oil pan back off because I forgot to RTV the rear main seal housing. Got too far ahead of myself. :headwall:

0104121519.jpg

very snazzy.

Edited by 1994SEV6

Aired up the tires, they were at 26 psi. Filled em up to 32. Gotta check the spare.

The TPMS light in my mom's Altima went off last night. The tires were at 20 psi. I filled em up to 32, drives over 9000 times better now. I was also too lazy to check the spare, but it was like 40 degrees outside and it was relatively late.

Finally got around to replacing the back up light switch. Back up lights still dont work. Cried.

sometime the link inside the tranny gets worn and won't reach the switch. same thing happened to me -the cries...

pushing the switch by hand turned the lights on but it would not light when screwed in. It had a metal button so zapped it with the MIG so it was taller and my problem was solved.

Today I Cleaned my K&N air filter. It was pretty bad, The dirty water in the sink was from the second rinse.

th_KN.jpgth_KNsink.jpg

This is probably the last time I will wash and re-oil this filter as I will likely be MPFI before it gets dirty again.

sometime the link inside the tranny gets worn and won't reach the switch. same thing happened to me -the cries...

pushing the switch by hand turned the lights on but it would not light when screwed in. It had a metal button so zapped it with the MIG so it was taller and my problem was solved.

I had seen that in a thread when I searched. I'm gonna pull it out again this weekend, make 100% sure it works by hand (I was working solo when I put it in) and then see if my buddy will let me use his welder to do the same thing you did.

I had seen that in a thread when I searched. I'm gonna pull it out again this weekend, make 100% sure it works by hand (I was working solo when I put it in) and then see if my buddy will let me use his welder to do the same thing you did.

The button is hollow so put a vise grip on it to steal the heat and don't zap it too hard or you will put a hole in it. viannen_09.gif You may have to quench between really short zaps to get enough build up on it.

The button is hollow so put a vise grip on it to steal the heat and don't zap it too hard or you will put a hole in it. viannen_09.gif You may have to quench between really short zaps to get enough build up on it.

Perfect, thanks for the tip.

Took my sister and her friend home, tried to find salvage yards with black Pathfinders. Struggling to decide whether or not to mount a cupholder to the passenger side dash.

The cupholder situation is hard. Nothing really work. The obvious solutions turn out badly. The only real solutions are to get a JGC console, or some other really rare accessories. I think the JGC is a very good match, but it's not perfect.

The other accessories I mentioned are cupholders that go into the DIN slot or..something else I forgot. There are some creative solutions out there.

Here's my personal favorite

9-28-10-cup-holder-for-your-car.bmp

Changed the front and rear diff fluids and the transfer case fluid. Had to make sure nothing got in from playing in the water! All was good.

Also cleaned his windows and changed the both rear brake light bulbs.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

. Struggling to decide whether or not to mount a cupholder to the passenger side dash.

i seen in this heep at work some pvc pipe with a end cap screwed into the floor board with a sheet metal screw came out pretty good i thought of doing the same thing sorry i cant gind any pics but hope you get the idea

This is probably the last time I will wash and re-oil this filter as I will likely be MPFI before it gets dirty again.

bastage and your fancy MPFI swap...

He got a bath and a good frame hosing/rinsing today. Amazing how much salt builds up over so little being needed on the roads :rolleyes: now tomorow I might actually work on one of the many lingering half done projects...

The cupholder situation is hard. Nothing really work. The obvious solutions turn out badly. The only real solutions are to get a JGC console, or some other really rare accessories. I think the JGC is a very good match, but it's not perfect.

The other accessories I mentioned are cupholders that go into the DIN slot or..something else I forgot. There are some creative solutions out there.

Here's my personal favorite

9-28-10-cup-holder-for-your-car.bmp

I have a 90, so the passenger-side dash is nearly vertical and flat (whoo, 80s interior) and I was thinking of either adhering or bolting 2 of these to it. They'd look okay closed on the dash, I think, and I'm fairly certain the material could hold the weight of a drink. Regardless, I'd probably reinforce it anyway.

What really has me wondering is rear cupholders. Some buddies and I plan on road-tripping the Pathy up to Colorado or Utah up here in a few months, so we'll have the three of us in the truck. I considered the rear door panels, but the arm rests get in the way, and there's probably not enough room back there anyway.

I actually have a 95-98 Altima Half-DIN cupholder, but there's nowhere to put it in a 90 Pathfinder, and it gets in the way of the shifter, anyway. (whoo, 5-speed :D) I'll save it for my next S-chassis or Z... Always wanted to figure out how to get one into a Z32...

Installed 5" round Phase Linear speakers I had sitting around in the front doors and some 5"x7" MTX Thunders in the rear headliner. Muuuuuch better! Amp and sub go in tomorrow and now it is officially comfortable to drive again. :)

Cut and ground the Steering stabilizer bracket off my Centerlink to make room for the Rancho version. YA for having 2 hours to "myself" to play with the new Dremel, and BOO for having to use that 2 hours to play with an inanimate object and not myself. :new576:

Edited by Dowser

Took my side steps off so I can start re-enforcing them as I like the factory rails (though I almost never use them). Add another project to the list of things that won't be finished any time soon :lol: