What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Removed the plenum and poked around at my valve lifters. I think they might have some air in them. Removed AAC valve and poked around in it, seems to be ok. Put it back together. Glued a piece of window screen over the missing grille thing at the back of my hood to stop leaves from building up in my heater.

put my tire carrier on...

228035_199304530106683_100000814125250_483749_5526707_n.jpg

fixed to metal door slider guide, fixed the loose wobbly mirror, dried out the drivers side carpet, drove around with the sunroof out and windows down with music blaring, attempted to put in my new door hinge pins... (gave up), picked up the wheel key from the previous owner to take them damn 20's OFF! :P

Removed the plenum and poked around at my valve lifters. I think they might have some air in them. Removed AAC valve and poked around in it, seems to be ok. Put it back together. Glued a piece of window screen over the missing grille thing at the back of my hood to stop leaves from building up in my heater.

I have spares of those

I have spares of those

The lifters? They are actually all brand new. I'm not really sure what the deal is with them. They are all "hard" and not super spongy, but when a valve is open (and hence the spring is pushing the rocker down hard on the lifter, it collapses, then when I rotate the engine around some more, it comes back up to full height and is still hard. Could be high pressure gas inside?

I just replaced my oil pump, which I believe was sucking air before, so maybe it pumped air into them. Hopefully it will bleed out as I drive. They aren't particularly loud right now (lifters totally soft sound pretty obvious I think) but I can hear some tapping if I open the hood. I think my next step, if it comes to that, would be to disassemble them and reassemble under oil to make sure no air can get in...

Or maybe them collapsing under the force of the valve spring is normal, but I can't see how... oil is incompressible...

Sorry not lifters, the cowl covers lol.

Haha, gave you a lot of info there! Yeah, I wouldn't mind finding a spare right cowl cover. Are they the same on all WD21s? Of course the mesh is a good idea anyway, because leaves get past the stock covers pretty easily it seems.

drove mine to work where it will sit until 5:00 next Tuesday, I am on call this week. Will be driving the F-550 back and forth for the week.

Edited by ahardb0dy

put my tire carrier on...

correctly?

I have spares of those

the cowl covers lol.

sone of a bich, me to! multipule spares actually (the later ones have a 'mesh design' built into them, I had 1 but ran it over :FartExplode-vi: )

stick-welded the frame and didn't set myself on fire

yet... theres proably still hot embers somewhere...

I threw away all the empty DD coffee cups on my floor and taking up my cupholders

installed front pads on the 88, had rotors turned.

Went to pick A part and found a center console out of a 94 mama likes the cup holders and the higher height, will install in the next few days

Filled the tank on the 94 $84.44

Edited by vagabond

how did you fix your fuel smell exactly?

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=30071&view=findpost&p=572596

There you go! I think someone already made a reference to that, but in case you didnt see it, there it is. :D

Hope this helps, if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask :P

I added a second tow hook to the front. But that was yesterday. Perhaps we should make a "What did you do to your Pathfinder yesterday?" thread. Among the yesterday things I did I also removed the fender flares and cranked the t-bars. It looks like a real truck!

Also, I did this in the yesterdays.

IMG_20110504_134224.jpg

changed his oil, with 5-yes 5 quarts of oil... no need for everyone to start flashing their FSM downloads that say it takes less, mine takes 5