What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Polished headlights with some Meguiar's PlastX and some elbow grease. Pretty noticeable improvement, but my headlights weren't too cloudy to begin with - just some cloudiness at the tops. Looks almost completely clear now! I'm surprised this product worked so well without any sanding, etc. Hope it lasts.

Also sanded down some surface rust on my transmission pan and sprayed some flat black Rustoleum over it to protect it.

• Removed the currently useless steering wheel audio controls and put a cover from the junkyard in its place. My current head unit doesn't have the required port for a control adapter.
  • Replaced my antenna base and nut with junkyard parts, since both my original parts were cracked and started cracking & disintegrating even more when trying to remove.
  • Got a spare rear wiper amp from the junkyard too. I found two different looking ones from two unknown-year R50s. I got the larger one, no idea if it's the same one as mine. Nothing wrong with my current rear wiper amp, just good to have a spare.
  • Found a broken pushpin on the plastic bracket holding the vacuum switch. Another $4 to spend at the local dealer. The vacuum piping on the single 3.3L engine in my local junkyard doesn't have the bracket, so I can't cheap out there.

Edited by Towncivilian

Today I took the day off work. party2.gif

I installed my new Stainless bake lines. Seems 4x4 parts sent me their 27" axle line(10" extended) instead of the one that normally comes with the extended brake line kit (3" extended) Oh well, It has more than enough of reach now, just like my flipped parking cables. Hell I could run it under the axle on a stock pathy and it would still be long enough.

th_27inline.jpg

we over the last couple days did my rear Disk brake swap, installed my cb and antenna

Also did some homework and found Out I need a new MC to go with my Disc swap.

I also did some homework on Master Cylinders seems I keep glazing my rear brakes and the reason is that they are not baking hard enough to maintain a good baking surface. And thus glaze forms because it never gets scraped off. The bleed, and condition of the calipers are all fine so it all comes down to the MC either faulty or wrong split. (will update this on my disc swap thread too)

So there are 4 MC's found on pathys broken into 2 groups; 15/16" bore for older models and 1" bore for 93.5+

each group has 2 "Split Point x Reducing Ratio" one for disc and one for drum.

15/16" Drum Split x Ratio 427psi x 0.2

15/16" Disc Split x Ratio 569psi x0.4

1" Drum Split x Ratio 356 psi x 0.2

1" Disc Split x Ratio 569 psi x 0.4

what this means is that the disc brake MC's proportion more to rear than drum MC's. This makes sense because it takes more fluid to move that big disc piston than it does the little durum pistons.

Edited by MY1PATH

Used him to annoy the people in Dunkin Donuts by using the drive-thru and not being courteous and shutting him off while waiting at the window. Dunkin coffee... mmm

Today I took the day off work. party2.gif

I installed my new Stainless bake lines. Seems 4x4 parts sent me their 27" axle line(10" extended) instead of the one that normally comes with the extended brake line kit (3" extended) Oh well, It has more than enough of reach now, just like my flipped parking cables. Hell I could run it under the axle on a stock pathy and it would still be long enough.

th_27inline.jpg

Also did some homework and found Out I need a new MC to go with my Disc swap.

I also did some homework on Master Cylinders seems I keep glazing my rear brakes and the reason is that they are not baking hard enough to maintain a good baking surface. And thus glaze forms because it never gets scraped off. The bleed, and condition of the calipers are all fine so it all comes down to the MC either faulty or wrong split. (will update this on my disc swap thread too)

So there are 4 MC's found on pathys broken into 2 groups; 15/16" bore for older models and 1" bore for 93.5+

each group has 2 "Split Point x Reducing Ratio" one for disc and one for drum.

15/16" Drum Split x Ratio 427psi x 0.2

15/16" Disc Split x Ratio 569psi x0.4

1" Drum Split x Ratio 356 psi x 0.2

1" Disc Split x Ratio 569 psi x 0.4

what this means is that the disc brake MC's proportion more to rear than drum MC's. This makes sense because it takes more fluid to move that big disc piston than it does the little durum pistons.

does that mean if i want my rear drums to have more bite i could install a disc mc?

Over the last few days?

Changed fuel filter (took over two hours because the hoses wouldnt come off!)

Replaced headlights with brighter ones, along with the fog lights.

Cleaned Distributor cap.

Checked timing.

Fixed headlight relay

Replaced battery.

Changed Air Filter

Changed Oil and Oil Filter

Replaced corner light.

and still not done!!!

Next:

New spark plugs and spark plug wires.

along with new distributor cap.. and then..i should be done!

hmm. in the past week.... managed to break outer driver door handle, paint the frame and other goodies underneath, cleaned my air filter, cleaned inside my truck, installed new floor mats.... and today? i am going crazy wild on his ass and poking a hole in a tennis ball and stuff that on his cb antenna so when i have a tail wind, my antenna can STOP smacking the crap out of my tailgate leaving rub marks P...

• Like 1

tap-watered the engine (to hell with sea-foam)

yes water will do the same thing just take a little longer. That reminds me, I have a vapor injector that I got back in the 80s. I will have to dig that out and try it on the pathy.

James

ok, technically it was yesterday.... but I changed outer driver door handle, fixed the window, and decided his engine really does need a good steam cleaning. :ill:

started wiring the FJ20ET loom to fit in the pathfinder and started making a list of stuff still needed for the conversion

Yup, or they will be in September. :D

as one with 2 kids... my congratulations on your vision of what it will be like to be a mom... my laughter at the point where your dreams are shattered and you swear to kill Simon with a wooden spoon

Fixed the leak in the gas tank. It was on the bottom, passenger side, from one of the 6 spot welds. I guess there is something welded inside of the tank, like some anti-frothing baffle and it is starting to break free.

Now I need a beverage.....

Edited by lint