What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Well last week the OL smoked the clutch in the 94, I knew it was going to have to be replaced but I was hoping for another month or so.

Anyway I had already ordered a clutch kit from Rock auto and it was sitting waiting to be installed, luckly I have a friend who is in the used car business and he called a shop that he uses. Labor $200.00

turn the flywheel $50.00.

Picked it up yesterday with a new main seal pilot bushing disc PP and TO bearing

185.000 miles and the old parts were factory just hoping they were original one happy camper :laugh:

Installed my awesome pull-a-part find of rear disk axles (axles backing plates everything for 100 bux) :aok: wired my headlights through a relay and hooked up my cb.

The rear disk conversion and headlight relay are the best 2 mods you can do. you don't realize how bad rear drums suck till you get properly working rear disk lol

Fixed all the tiny rust spots I could find. Hooray Florida, nothing gigantic. Also pried off my old rusty towing ball (I can't find the key for the receiver's lock :thumbsdown:) to replace after I either find the key or somehow remove the lock on the receiver. Also cleaned some dirt/dust out of the engine bay with compressed air and a wet rag.

Gonna try to call 1-800-NISSAN1 tomorrow to ask about seat belts barely or not at all retracting without being manually fed back, since my local dealer said "nope gotta try cleaning for $90 first".

Edited by Towncivilian

I took apart my power antenna to figure out why it wasn't working. While in the fender, I installed a cut-off switch between the antenna motor timer and the motor itself so I can leave the antenna up or down in the winter rather than fight with the ice and frozen mechanism.

Wow! Great idea! I have an issue with the power antenna being in the up position when listening to the iPod (connected to the radio). It would easily break off in a wheeling situation. Is the switch inside the cab or under the hood? Got a pics of the install? Also, would it be possible to do this at the radio end, can you put a switch at the ant. wire lead from the radio? Not sure?

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

Reverted from my 15x10's back to my stock 15x7 SE wheels. Put some Brigestone Dueler AT's on them in the 265/75R15 variety. Not new, but better than the steel belts my 31's were showing. Waiting on taxes to get my OME setup and get some genuine 32's for the 10 wides. yay me!

Also changed oil, clean filter, straightened fins in radiator, removed bent fog lights, and found a blown GR-2 strut.

Today, i finally started mine up after being in the shop for 5 months.... yes i'm a 16 yr old noob. I was expecting catastrophic failure from the new starter and new clutch, because i changed these solo for the first time. but no! All went well!

that is always good. i remember last june when we did MY trans swap. i was scared to start it... lol just me and a bud did that one in a couple weekends.

today i folded up the rear seat bottoms and folded the back of the seats down to( for the first time ever) utilize my cargo space... (one measy chair) :tongue:

I finally got a lot done today! Gotta love junkyard runs.

FR window switch, Rear glass switch, door jamb switch, A/C idler pulley assembly, rear dome light, hatch latch, some misc. plastic parts, front door stops,

New clutch master cylinder and lower hose. Only thing that keeps me from going for a ride is I need to get a new idler pulley tensioner bolt, the one I had turned out to be broken.

I took the Z31 ECU out and took it apart. Inside I found a burned out resistor which would explain why it runs like a bag of ass. Got a new computer coming which should fix the problem. Then I'm going to repair the original one and keep it as a spare. Finally made some headway with the stupid thing.

which one.

I have recently discoverd that a first gen pahtyfinder with a 3.0 TBI, will run at 8K rpms without blowing up... :itsallgood:

VG510 guys run 7-8K all day on the track and the engines love it.