What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

pulled the hole antenna and mount right out of my new antenna base !! Pc. of crap, the part the whip screws onto is turning inside the mount and won't let me tighten it, than at lunch today I went out to check it out and the hole brass mount came out!! So I did an online chat with Crutchfield telling them what I went thru and I told them I don't expect an exchange as I "modified" it, the guy said how about we send you a new antenna no charge and don't worry about sending the first one back !! So I told him fine and I'm not upset with them anymore. The other thing was the item description said the antenna was SS and the pic showed it as SS but the one I received was all black. In a few days I'll be swapping the antenna again, everything has to be a project doesn't it!!!! LOL

Replaced my factory security system siren with a aftermarket one(the original didnt survive the last wheeling trip). Now it sounds, well, interesting. I will know if someone is breaking in! Reinstalled my rear swaybar. Unkinked my rear washer fluid line. Need to pull my air filter and clean it(again, last wheeling trip dirtied it up real good).

forgot I was missing a rear shock, got side-tracked driving home and went mudding in an area between a sewage treatment plant and the river. Deep sloppy mud since all our snow has melted and we got an inch or so of rain. but.... PEW!!!!! it stank! Drive home flinging bits of nastiness all over the cars following me.

forgot I was missing a rear shock, got side-tracked driving home and went mudding in an area between a sewage treatment plant and the river. Deep sloppy mud since all our snow has melted and we got an inch or so of rain. but.... PEW!!!!! it stank! Drive home flinging bits of nastiness all over the cars following me.

HA ha poo slinger

Today I made tie-down brackets that will the upper and lower bumper tubes of my postrunner bumper to the tiedown tabs hanging from the back of the frame.

More info on these brackets can be found below the pictures.

th_TDBmock.jpg th_TieDownBrkt.jpg

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=24379&view=findpost&p=544084

Post #38

Item #2 (Can't do #1 Untill I re-weld the reciever)

Edited by MY1PATH

Did most of the wiring for a pair of Hella 500FFs I'll be mounting on the stock roof rack. Was too lazy to run switch wiring through the firewall, so just ran it out of the side of the hood and taped the wire on the door jamb. Got +12v from the factory CD changer harness and ground from the hood release bracket. Used 14 gauge red wire for everything, along with soldered quick disconnects and electrical tape, then colored heatshrink (to determine wire function) over that. Blew several fuses for the switch before swapping out the switch itself, a faulty lighted Wal-Mart switch. I think at 15A fuse worked, but anything smaller just blew it. A brightly lit red switch from a Hella FF50 driving light kit worked perfectly. I mounted the switch next to the dimmer switch.

Also figured out that both of the front door switches for the "door open" warning light are broken; the spring inside the switch does not decompress to push the switch out, making the switch completely inoperable. This probably also hampers the function of the anti-theft system. Gonna go to a local junkyard to hopefully find a working pair before shelling out $14/each at Nissan.

Edited by Towncivilian

Made a quick and dirty light bar to mount some Hella 500FFs! See here.

Filled up my tow hitch receiver with expanding foam to hopefully protect the inside from further rust. Had a little bit of issue getting the lock through, but it wasn't impossible. But it looks like the exterior of it is already starting to rust a little bit, I guess I missed some spots when I was repainting it. Spray paint sucks big time!

• Painted half of my light bar black. It didn't help that three different cans of different "color" black spray paint were required; the first one ran out and the next clogged. The can in use now is glossy, while the previous two were matte finish. Will need to finish painting tomorrow.
  • Went to the junkyard and got a full set of door switches, a hazard/rear defroster switch, some button covers, all clips from the driver side cargo room trim, and a couple small switch bulb assemblies from a pre-facelift R50, and an ancient Midland 77-099 CB Radio with microphone for $10 found atop '94 green WD21's mostly complete engine bay (it looked like it was just missing a battery, really). It took a bit of retrofitting to get the door switches to work in my newer R50 (swapped out buttons and harness connector). I've never before heard the car beep with the key in the ignition and the door open, or with headlights on and door open w/ no key; it's glorious yet annoying.
  • Sprayed the rusty bit of my tow hitch with some black paint to hopefully stop further surface rust.
  • Removed stock Bose amp in the rear, and fixed broken trim clips. Finally sits snug and flush back there.
  • Tested the junkyard hazard/defrost switches in my R50. They function, but they don't light up (except the "on" indicator on the defroster switch) and they don't fit my trim. But spares are always nice, since if the hazard switch dies the turn signals no longer work.

I still need to test the CB radio. Assuming it works, I'd have to get some non-rusty screws for its case, solder in some new length of power and ground wire, and of course get an antenna and a mounting bracket. Then I'd have a redneck cellphone on the cheap.

Edited by Towncivilian

had a sexual experience in the back seat

by myself :wackinit::D

• Like 1

Finished painting the light bar and mounted it on my roof. Even with extra brackets there's still considerable vibration, but I'll live with it. Still need to aim the lights and hide the wires a bit better.

Removed clutch plate on the firewall, drilled a 5/16" hole in it. Sanded the hole down a bit, sprayed primer and paint on it so it won't rust. Gonna get a rubber grommet for it tomorrow then run some wires that are currently run in the door jamb.