What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Stared at mine as well as I backed out of the drive way wondering why I didn't drive her instead. Then later I passed by the gas station and remembered why I had the top down on the Miata. Oh, and the Bee A youtifull weather we had here today. But she was on my mind all day.

• Like 1

Its a 87 Chevy 350 3x3 Dually, In almost mint shape, just abit of rust around the passenger rear wheel well, I love it! just not the part where it has a 454 haha.

Iam also in talks with him to buy his other truck.. its the 3rd or the 4th truck not sure which place it came in, Its a 75 Ford ranger camper special straight cab, The body is pretty chewed but its got a very very strong 390 in it. He wont sell it to me because i cant afford to drive the damn thing (which is true!) but i still want to buy it!

it rained here today.. Felt like it was gunna snow again, so happy it didnt.

Just cannibalized a crew cab c30 to help our plow truck have more life and used a customers as my runabout for the day on Thursday (see pic of THAT one in poho and the cannibalized one further back in it). Only a couple people here that can talk/care to talk old GM full sizes in depth here with ya

ok, technically it was last night.... but.. i went wheelin. and i had too much FUN. and..... i even got the ONLY stuck of the night (the Jeep didn't try the part i gt stuck in, but the K5 made it on 35's) :D

IMG_0267.jpg

Dropped my last functional alarm remote, breaking it somehow (light on it comes on, but no response from truck). Annoying since they are long since discontinued and seem to be hard to find. Ugh. Not that I really care much about the alarm, but keyless entry is nice. Making matters worse, when I close the drivers door the lock pops up, so I have to use the key every time to lock it.

Edited by sewebster

Dropped my last functional alarm remote, breaking it somehow (doesn't work anyway). Annoying since they are long since discontinued and seem to be hard to find. Ugh. Not that I really care much about the alarm, but keyless entry is nice. Making matters worse, when I close the drivers door the lock pops up, so I have to use the key every time to lock it.

try holding the handle up when closing? i dont know about some pathys. but my subaru used to unlock itself when you close the door with out holding the handle up. as a safety feature...

^Kyle actually gave good info. Hold the door handle up with the lock button down when closing the door. Every d21 and wd21 I've touched has the feature.

Washed/waxed WhiteOwl yesterday, actually drove him today.

^Kyle actually gave good info. Hold the door handle up with the lock button down when closing the door. Every d21 and wd21 I've touched has the feature.

Washed/waxed WhiteOwl yesterday, actually drove him today.

My 87 and 88 are like that, the 94 just push the button down and close the door and it locks

try holding the handle up when closing? i dont know about some pathys. but my subaru used to unlock itself when you close the door with out holding the handle up. as a safety feature...

Hehe, hilarious, that's it! Thanks.

How the eff you fit in a mx5? I ain't super lanky and am scrawny but gotta shoehorn myself in one

Lol ... tell me about it! I'm 6'2" and have a very hard time seeing the traffic light if I'm the first car at the intersection. I've learned to watch for the yellow light for the other lanes before "scrunching" down to see when my light turns green. If the top is down, I simply lean back and look over the top of the windshield.

Dismantled the driver's door and pulled the window and the regulator.....cleaned the regulator and put it all back together, hoping it would fix the window not rolling up problem......it didn't :thumbsdown: , now a trip to the local JY is on my to do list for a new regulator.......more to follow!!!!!

IMG_0176.jpg

Nice!! I'll have to try to catch that in another 4 years or so...

I took the upper control arms apart, cursed the guy I bought the assemblies from, went to work and wire wheeled everything, went to the hardware store to buy replacement washers and called it a day...

B

Took the lower intake manifold off to replace it. Totally forgot about the coolant passages in it and didn't drain the coolant. Filled the cylinders and ports with coolant, then galled the threads on the NO. 2 spark plug hole. :doh:

Got it all put back together. Had a really bad miss for a few minutes until the rest of the water evacuated from the cylinders, it was so bad I thought I screwed something up. Runs a hell of a lot better now but still has a stupid little miss that sounds like a vacuum leak at idle.

Looks much better with the plenum cover on. Had to cut 3/8" off the back to clear the firewall.

DSCN0442.jpg

A few hours ago I flushed the brake fluid with the help of a couple friends. Old fluid was really dark, looked like apple juice. Was probably the factory fill, in use for 123,546 miles. Brake pedal is not as squishy, but still has quite a bit of travel (have to push it till about half way before I get any significant braking), is that normal? I'll probably be needing new brake pads by the end of the year.

Make sure your rear shoes are adjusted up nice too...

As for me, I put a bottle of Lucas injector cleaner in the fuel (and some down the side of the truck-I missed). Why? :shrug: found it in the trunk of a junker (sealed)