What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Vacuumed the interior. Also sprayed some silicone on the weather stripping since it was starting to stick when left in the sun for hours. I'll be using some dielectric grease instead next time, and rubbing it in lightly. Better than having a bunch of nasty smelling silicone spray everywhere.

Edited by Towncivilian

Vacuumed the interior. Also sprayed some silicone on the weather stripping since it was starting to stick when left in the sun for hours. I'll be using some dielectric grease instead next time, and rubbing it in lightly. Better than having a bunch of nasty smelling silicone spray everywhere.

I haven't tried the silicone spray. Other than the smell, how well does it work/last?

Think that I'm going to try the blower motor cleansing thingie tomorrow along with lubing the window tracks. They seem to be getting slower as the humid days are upon us.

I haven't tried the silicone spray. Other than the smell, how well does it work/last?

Think that I'm going to try the blower motor cleansing thingie tomorrow along with lubing the window tracks. They seem to be getting slower as the humid days are upon us.

I don't know. I read on BITOG that some use it twice a year and it seems to work well for them, but like I said, get some dielectric grease or something so the smell isn't bad. The interior doesn't smell at all, until someone opens a door then it smells for a little bit. For the trunk weather stripping I sprayed through the various holes, but ehh... not sure yet whether it'll do anything useful. This is probably the first time the weather stripping has ever been sprayed with some sort of protectant. I also got lazy and didn't spray all of the weather stripping, and I also thought spraying everything would cause the smell to be worse. Be careful of your choice of spray silicone as some can eat through plastic, etc. CRC Heavy Duty Silicone Spray seems to be ok. If you're unsure, spray some in a Styrofoam cup; if it eats through it, don't use it.

I also need to lube my window tracks. I'll probably use the rest of the silicone spray can for that soon, and then switch to something else for the weather stripping.

Edited by Towncivilian

Went to the pick a part and pulled some jeep springs, then came home and put them on the pathy. As soon as I jacked it up the broken spring fell out, I guess I was lucky it stayed in there for the week my wife was driving it around like that. I miss my pathy, its been over a week since I drove it!

If tapping the blower motor made it come on... My money sais the motor is your issue.

I have one of those control panels like that... if only I had all the other needed pieces to make it work in my truck

I have the whole system in my 94 parts truck, and it did work but I don't feel like pulling out the whole dash and blower box to change it out. The manual system works so why mess with it.

James

I'm too cheap to buy the rest of the crap and too lazy to pull it out of a j/y truck right now anyway... THEN have to install it all! Eff that, not on my priority list :lol:

Let my Girlfriend and her sister wash it, her sister wants to use it for prom. They left Soap spots and water spots all over it. forgot to clean the wheel wells, mud flaps and the tires/rims, So it got washed twice/waxed once, Vacummed and armor all'd! Its super shiny and smells like cherries inside! =D

Peeled back the carpet and looked at the hole underneath the driver's feet. The exhaust pipe is so close to the body there... seems like it will just rust over again when I put some sheet in.

Pulled the blower motor assembly apart. Should I be disappointed that I had minimal leaves/crap in there? Oh well, at least I know that it's all clean.

Nah, mine had nothing in it but a bunch of nasty dust caked on the fins. I was hoping there would be some sort of debris in the cage causing some ticking.

went to the local U Pull It for the center A/C vent cover....the only one I could find was already broken... :thumbsdown: ...so I pulled the door lock timer, a whole three minutes later I was paying the guy thinking I had done all the good...$9.00...whoooo hooooo!!!!!!! Got home and installed it and the same results as mine, the remote will lock the doors, but not unlock them!!!!! :scratchhead: now it's time to pull out the multimeter and start probing...ugggghhhhhh!!!!! Well, at least I have a spare door lock timer!!!!!

Yesterday actually, but I wire wheeled the flaking black paint and zinc plating off of my SuperLift UCAs, surface treated the steel with tool black, primered them and finished them with gloss black enamel. I refinished the spindles also so I'll probably assemble them with the new bushings and hardware today so they are ready for installation.

B

Looked at it in the driveway this morning aggrievedly as I realized it was the first weekend it was nice enough to work on the SAS in a while but I spent the hole weekend being sick and stuck inside.

went to the local U Pull It for the center A/C vent cover....the only one I could find was already broken... :thumbsdown: ...so I pulled the door lock timer, a whole three minutes later I was paying the guy thinking I had done all the good...$9.00...whoooo hooooo!!!!!!! Got home and installed it and the same results as mine, the remote will lock the doors, but not unlock them!!!!! :scratchhead: now it's time to pull out the multimeter and start probing...ugggghhhhhh!!!!! Well, at least I have a spare door lock timer!!!!!

does it unlock with the switch? does it lock if up push unlock or vice versa? thats what mine does.... and im ending up having to get a new master switch... :)

does it unlock with the switch? does it lock if up push unlock or vice versa? thats what mine does.... and im ending up having to get a new master switch... :)

Yes, the switch on the driver door works the lock and unlock........let me know how the master switch works......I'M leaving for Afghanistan in a few weeks, so it might not matter, cuz I doubt I will be able to talk my wife through it......all I'm gonna get while I'm gone is basic fluid changes!!!!

Yes, the switch on the driver door works the lock and unlock........let me know how the master switch works......I'M leaving for Afghanistan in a few weeks, so it might not matter, cuz I doubt I will be able to talk my wife through it......all I'm gonna get while I'm gone is basic fluid changes!!!!

i meant, does the unlock position on the switch lock the doors, and the lock position do nothing at all? that means a fubar'd switch if so...

put 10 gallons in it and drove 61 miles to junkyard and back and watched the fuel gauge go from just over half to just over the quarter mark !!

As I posted in the re-keying thread, picked up 15 locks from 3 different pathfinders and a few Sentra's for my re-keying project, have the 2 door locks re-keyed just have to get new chrome outer covers than swap them in. Next project will be removing the gallon's worth of love bugs that are plastered all over the front of the PF!

cleaned up some RTV or some kind of adhesive on my windshield and trimming that the PO did it was a mess sticky and everywhere and put on my backcountry goat sticker on

I'M leaving for Afghanistan in a few weeks, so it might not matter, cuz I doubt I will be able to talk my wife through it......all I'm gonna get while I'm gone is basic fluid changes!!!!

Be careful out there, I don't want to loose the only other Louisiana member we have! We still didn't get a chance to get together and break something.

James

I got the joy of replacing my A/C belt today, changed the oil, and cleaned out the inside. I'm debaiting on washing it looks like it wants to rain. Everything is done, ready for the beach. OBX here I come. :jig:

i meant, does the unlock position on the switch lock the doors, and the lock position do nothing at all? that means a fubar'd switch if so...

The switch in the door itself works....I'm just trying to get the keyless entry to work....so far no good

Be careful out there, I don't want to loose the only other Louisiana member we have! We still didn't get a chance to get together and break something.

James

I will definitely be careful, and I am gonna come down that way after I get back so we can break something.....as soon as I get back I'm gonna do the lift/tires/steering/exhaust upgrades......all that tax free money is gonna buy all my goodies!!!!!!!

I will definitely be careful, and I am gonna come down that way after I get back so we can break something.....as soon as I get back I'm gonna do the lift/tires/steering/exhaust upgrades......all that tax free money is gonna buy all my goodies!!!!!!!

Let me know when you are back and ready to do all that. We can set up a weekend and I could run up there and help you. I've taken mine apart enough to know how it's done. Then maybe we can hit those military trails you were talking about to test it out.

James