What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Put bolts in the holes to give the fenders a "pocket flare" look :shrug:

Slashjt, that sucks but at least it's all fixable cosmetics. Now you gotta cut another good bumper in half to go around your winch! Maby time to hide it behind a bumper some? Little change of looks?

As for me, I broke the front ebrake cable today! Yay!

bastage...

hows emissions in your county?

only ever failed once when I had an exhaust leak and they wouldn't pass it. Al my readings are nice and low

Put bolts in the holes to give the fenders a "pocket flare" look :shrug:

Slashjt, that sucks but at least it's all fixable cosmetics. Now you gotta cut another good bumper in half to go around your winch! Maby time to hide it behind a bumper some? Little change of looks?

As for me, I broke the front ebrake cable today! Yay!

bastage...

I probably going to fab a complete ultra-beefy bumper, using the actual center of mine.

Installed the KYB Gr-2 w/ MD OME coils upfront. I took too long on the fronts trying to take the rotors off to have them measured and/or re-surfaced.

Tomorrow - rears :)

I took the floor mats out and cleaned them with Spic N Span, hot water, and a bristle brush. Then rinsed 'em off. Besides the wear on the driver's mat, they look just about brand new. When I started they were all muddy, discolored, and full of dust.

DSCN0430.jpg

Damn, I gotta try that. Mine are all discolored and dirty as well, I was contemplating buying new mats for $72.72 but maybe a good cleaning will restore them.

Yesterday I cleaned the windows, and today a bird pooped on my glass hatch. Always happens.

Edited by Towncivilian

Drove it through a "hellashish" thunder storm. Looks like I drove it through the freekin' Amazon with all the mud and leaves stuck to the sides. Had to avoid two downed trees on the way to work to boot!

Over the past 4 days:

Put in New Air Filter

Checked all vacuum lines

Cleaned EGR

Put in New PCV Valve

Replaced Carb Heater Hose

Both front fenders replaced with non-rusty ones

Took off Fender Flairs to reveal rust

Rocker Guarded all of my body rust

Replaced Hatch Glass Hinges

Installed new half black tail lights

Installed new vents by the Windshield

Started replacing all the stuff the PO hand brushed silver

Painted some faded plastics with easy liner

New Radiator

Coolant Flush

New Tranny Cooler

Oli Change

Mounted new 33's on wheels and test fit

Mounted CB and routed temp Mag Mount Antenna

Mounted Clinometer

In the next few Days:

Going to Figure out the wiring mess the PO left the stereo in

Going to install rear roof speaker setup I grabbed from the Junk Yard

Going to get a less Rusty hatch from the JUnk Yard, Switch My stuff over, and install

Install OEM Wing onto new hatch

Strip and install less rusty Door skins

Install rust free hood

Install 3" Suspension lift

Install 3" Body Lift

Install New Tie Rods, Ball Joints, and Bushings for the front

Put New Brakes on the front

Put in New Timing belt & Water Pump

Finish Stripping parts truck and take to scrap

I may be missing some things still!! I've got lots to do, but its all fun! :itsallgood:

I finished building my hydraulic press yesterday so, last night I pressed the mainshaft and countershaft out of the transmission centre adapter plate.

...broke the adapter plate (snapping aluminum is a very ugly sound)

Today I went to the local Nissan dealer and ordered a new adapter plate (Can$159.00 reg price, but the guy gave me a deal. The parts guy knows me by name now.)

Part is on backorder, 2 - 3 weeks.

Parts guy told me that whenever this Nissan dealer does a transmission rebuild on the FS5R30A they order a new adapter plate. I now understand why. The bearing race seat for the countershaft is fragile, and if the O.D. main gear bushing does not give on the countershaft when pressing the shaft out, then the aluminum will.

Also today, started removal of all of the front side components from the mainshaft assembly. Everything carefully labelled and bagged.

I finished building my hydraulic press yesterday so, last night I pressed the mainshaft and countershaft out of the transmission centre adapter plate.

...broke the adapter plate (snapping aluminum is a very ugly sound)

Today I went to the local Nissan dealer and ordered a new adapter plate (Can$159.00 reg price, but the guy gave me a deal. The parts guy knows me by name now.)

Part is on backorder, 2 - 3 weeks.

Parts guy told me that whenever this Nissan dealer does a transmission rebuild on the FS5R30A they order a new adapter plate. I now understand why. The bearing race seat for the countershaft is fragile, and if the O.D. main gear bushing does not give on the countershaft when pressing the shaft out, then the aluminum will.

Also today, started removal of all of the front side components from the mainshaft assembly. Everything carefully labelled and bagged.

I mentioned getting my transmission rebuilt to my local dealer (Southside Nissan in Vancouver, I assume you went somewhere else?) and they said that they didn't do it because they would charge too much and referred me to some transmission shops. I asked how much they wanted for a new transmission and t-case and they said $10000. I don't remember if that included installation.