What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Pulled the plugs on my non-starting pathfinder. they were fouling out with .050-.060" gaps.

This MSD box + a 45,000v coil seems to be the culprit for accelerated wear and changing spark plugs nearly twice a year is getting old.

So I need to

1 go to a 32,000v coil and keep the box

or

2 keep the 45,000v coil and get rid of the box...

Replaced RH valve cover gasket. I think it was bad...

VCGNPORA.jpg

Should get rid of that beautiful perfume I've been smelling for 2 weeks.

On a side note, I completely forgot to put the plug wires back in before I fired it up... Apparently it will run on 3 cylinders :whistle:

Edited by MrT

I did a cooler line flush with 10 quarts of ATF. I wasn't liking how the current soup was shifting. I hope this current fill of Castrol Import Multi Vehicle is better. The hot fluid level looks low, need to correct that ASAP.

Discovered power stearing leak. Need to locate the source. Gave her her first full exterior wash/wax/tire/wheel spa treatment. Found out the power door locks work intermitently. Found out the rear washer fluid pump does not work. Hurray for successful forum searches. Liking this group more and more.

well, i finsihed painting all the rust on my truck. i'd say i'm about 99% rust free right now, and it feels great to say that. the POR 15 rust paint is awesome stuff. all i have left to paint is my rear calipers and drums!

and i also started installing some new poly bushings. i did the front sway bar yesterday, feels a bit tighter, and i'm gonna do the tension rods today, i heard those make the biggest difference.

i pulled my rear sway bar while i was painting, and it feels fine driving without it, so its staying off from now on.

i also fixed my rear gate lock! and i'm really happy about that. now i have all locking doors! i had to repair 4 different problems, in 4 different locks on my truck in the last 6 months! i'm becoming a master of the Pathy lock!

i'm getting some custom flanges made up for my new Intercooler! cant wait to install that bad boy. but it will be a little bit yet until i gather all the other parts i need for it still.

and i picked up a re-furbished Sanden SD508 AC Compressor to turn into a air compressor. i got a great price on it, about twice the cost as a junkyard compressor ($75), but i didnt have to pull this one myself, and its clean and re-furbished. it runs at 8.4CFM! i got a real nice adjustable mount for it also. i was gonna get a York 208 with 10CFM, but the Sanden is much closer in size to my stock ac compressor. i'm not sure i could fit a York, they're pretty big/tall. I cant wait to start this project, but i have a ton of projects on the go, and it will be awhile yet before i get all the other parts i need. but we will have on-board air one day!! i will probably sacrafice my AC for the on board air. my ac condensor is broke anyways. i might be able to keep my stock ac compressor if i lowered it, and placed the Sanden in the middle between my alternator and my stock ac compressor, and then run a belt off the stock compressor to the Sanden for power, but it will be alot easier to just pull my stock compressor, and put the Sanden in its place. plus i would have to add another pulley with 2 grooves to my stock compressor, because right now it can only fit 1 V belt. the Sanden compressor i got has a pulley with 2 grooves though. i'm moving next summer to NW BC, where i wont need AC anyways...

next up will be to replace my tre's, and upper ball joints. and i'll be installing some SuperLift UCA's at the same time, in preperation for my upcoming suspension lift! like i said, lots of projects on the go!

i can get some pics up of the new poly bushings from energy suspensions if anyone cares to see. just haven taken any pics yet...

Changed the fuel filter....boy was the gas coming out of there dirty.....I guess because it was original to the truck!!!! Changed the rotor and distributor cap....they were both definitely original parts......Oil and oil filter change and K&N cleaning tomorrow as well as new plugs and plug wires!!!!! Looking for a little better MPG's!!!!! Now it's time for a new positive battery cable connector, when I pulled it off to do the dist cap and rotor, it had a come apart.....

Also gonna try to finish up the roof rack this evening....only about 6 more cuts and a dozen or so more welds, grinding and then painting!!!! Pics will follow on the roof rack!!!!

Removed all seats and carpeting to clean. Soaked carpets in strong degreaser and powerwashed away 24 years of dirt. Then I revealed all the rusted areas under my rear seats.... So sad. My seatbelt bracket was so rusted the whole mount tore off when I tried to unbolt it. :(

Oh, and then I cleaned out my blower motor. It was completly packed full of leaves. Looked like a mouse nest.

Fixed the remaining 2 washer pumps. Now I have plenty of spares to help clutter my garage.

Threw away the piece of vinyl that came off my headliner. I had visions of reattaching it but it's been over a year and I decided to just say the hell with it.

i like the idea of moving the exhaust pipe. nice job jymyers23.

i want to make a 2.5" stainless big bore exhaust when i start welding (eventually). and when i do i want to move where it exits. i'd like it to come out of the body, about parallel in height to where the fuel tank cap is. but i dont want it to end near flush with the truck like yours, i want to continue the exhaust along the truck towards the back and have it end just past the rear of the truck. my purpose for doing this will be to just make it harder for water to enter. and i think it will make the exhaust pipe straighter as well, as there is a big bend in it right now where they make it go up and over the rear upper link cross member.

if anyone has the ARB catalog there's a pic on pg.51 of a truck entering a river with a modded exhaust like the one i just described, so i cant take credit for this idea... i cant find a pic on-line...