What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I went to the junkyard and found an early '00s Subaru Legacy wagon. The door switches are Nissan parts :bounce:

My driver door switch had a torn cover, so I replaced it with one of the "Subaru" ones. I now have 4 spare door switches. They have the brown connector used in pre-facelift R50s, but they're easy to retrofit to work with my R50. :dance:

I found an early '90s Hardbody there too. Owner was a smoker, yuck. Nothing interesting inside, but it was surprisingly on its own four wheels still.

Edited by Towncivilian

Haven't done it yet but today I will replace the negative battery terminal with the Streetwires one I just received in the mail, now both terminals will match. And I also plan on picking up a set of Moog strut rod bushings and replacing them.

does anyone know if the strut rod from a hardbody is the same as the one on the pathfinder> I had an extra one in storage and figured I would bring it home just in case one of the PF one's was wore down, thanks

never mind last question I just checked on Nissan Fast and cross referenced the PF part and it is the same

Edited by ahardb0dy

Ok from the last week everything came off of a 94

d994a664-22a7-4fbe-a285-d642092c8165.jpg

speaker mount and front bracket, you could get by without the bracket but it only takes a couple of minutes to pull it 2 screws per side

the main problem is the 94 headliner is narrower the 88 or the 2 doors

so what I did was cut off 33 inches of the 94 headliner so all I had was enough to cover the speaker assembly

45b201ff-0e6c-465e-a583-ed11717bf24f.jpg

I cut the 88 headliner at 34 inches then pulled back an inch of fabric and re trimmed it to 33 inches

9594b3bb-7019-44a5-8ee1-23bc3eeb0be7.jpg

I haven't re glued the fabric and you'll notice the shoulder harness in place also

now for the shoulder harness without measuring I thought Id be able to use the 94 trim panel but as you can see there is a difference

aa11cb38-1378-4e20-8dd3-c1265a3eee38.jpg

so I slotted the 88 and notched it

The seatbelts were really no problem, but as was mentioned to me by someone who likes pink make sure you get all the parts and make sure they go back in the right order :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by vagabond

Shoulda got some rapist red belts to match! (not a downshot, I actually :wub: the Nissan Rapist Red interior)

I switched my 31" spare back on (so I have a matched size set).

cfef97ea.jpg

Challenging...

Shoulda got some rapist red belts to match! (not a downshot, I actually :wub: the Nissan Rapist Red interior)

I switched my 31" spare back on (so I have a matched size set).

cfef97ea.jpg

Challenging...

For some reason that color is as rare as hens teeth or 20 year old oh never mind :D

The red color is not so rare down here, most PF's I see in the junkyards have the red interior, I personally hate it.

I thought grey was the rare color. Here in my neck of the woods it was. The blue interior I could tolerate, but that red is not my cup of tea. I knew I was safe buying black because they are always grey, at least so far in my experience.

I went to scrap yard and got a "oh crap" handle and a switch for the rear glass. Mine wouldn't close all the way, everytime I hit a bump my window would pop open. I also seen a hardbody with manual hubs. I got home put on my "oh crap" handle on the drivers side and did some reserch and found out that the hardbody hubs would fit the pathy. I ran back to scrap yard and got hubs. Now the old girl has manual hubs. Now no more pulling forward then going backward and going forward to get out of 4 wheel drive. :jig::jig::jig::jig::jig:

Edited by jwmyers23

got the 4 rancho rs5000's in in about 2 hours successful day! Now i need to adjust my steering box and check my antena on my deck radio seems ****** ever since i had it out to install my reverse camera.

got the 4 rancho rs5000's in in about 2 hours successful day! Now i need to adjust my steering box and check my antena on my deck radio seems ****** ever since i had it out to install my reverse camera.

Did you need some kind of adapter to use those shocks up front? I thought they didn't have the vertical threaded rod type top attachment...?

nope i found direct fitment ones.

These were the parts numbers from http://www.4wheelparts.com/

RS5000'S SHOCK ABSORBERS - Part # RANRS5112

ACURA SLX 1996-98 - Part # RANRS5214

I guess you are just a better parts finder than the local parts shop! Probably not too surprising...

I'm interested in knowing what you think of the ride with them. I have the 5000s in the rear and sometimes I wonder if it's too "stiff" but I bought the truck not long ago and it has lift springs that seem stiff too, so I'm not sure how much difference the shocks make.

Adam was able to help steer me where and what to get for the ranchos

well i had the monroe shocks front and rear that had the helper spring that make it so they dont compress very easy and holy crap was that a stiff ride but it could do turns alot better than these ones. Obviously im not street racing this thing around but normaly most of the turns you could drive it like a car and now if fells more like a truck again because they are a softer shock. I will admit the ride is very smooth compared to the monroe shocks and compared to my 2 z cars i have which are lowered with the stiffest stuff i can get on them. So to me i feel like i floating in the pathfinder ha.

Part of me wishes i had gotten the monroe shocks again

Edited by edicer2

The problem is, with monroe shocks, at least in my experience, is that they are great for the first 10,000kms and then they go really soft. And you know how it feels in a wd21 with soft front shocks, it is downright sketchy on bumps. Especially if you wheel. I came into a situation where I was descending a rocky trail and I was trying to go as slow as possible as to not bottom out, but the shocks were so darn bouncy that it was very hard to control the truck with it oscillating like that. I personally prefer the stiffness of the ranchos in the rear. But I still find the front rancho shocks a tad soft.

Edited by adamzan

I just finished replacing the O2 sensor. It came out pretty easy with the help of a light hammer tap, no PB Blaster needed. The hard part was removing all the clips that secure the wiring harness - there were five of them. Three were in the engine bay and not too difficult to rip out, but two of them were between the transmission bell housing and ... some other large immovable item in the way, which didn't give me much room to fit wire cutters into to snip the clip. I ended up cutting the wiring harness of the old O2 sensor near the connector in the engine bay to remove it easily. The new O2 sensor had some grey anti-seize applied already, so that's what I used. My 1/2" drive torque wrench's head was too large to work around said immovable item in the way, so I had to settle for using the 1/4" drive torque wrench which goes up to 200 inch pounds (~17 ft pounds), but the torque spec is 30 to 44 ft lbs. I'll have to see if I can get it torqued at a shop tomorrow. All in all it took somewhere around 2 hours but my buddy and I started this when it was already dark - I guess we just like to challenge ourselves. I haven't driven the vehicle yet, but starting the engine and revving a bit didn't result in a CEL so far, and I don't hear any exhaust leaks.

I used a Bosch OE-style sensor (part # 13651) which I got from AAP for $53 after discount code and tax.

I also greased my driveshaft and tightened the transmission drain plug to 25 ft/lbs since it was weeping a little.

Edited by Towncivilian

For the first time ever I drove my pathfinder to pick up parts to fix my car (gas tank etc.). In the past it has always been the other way around! Maybe I'm making progress. Too bad I was watching the fuel gauge drop as I sat in traffic... don't think the pathy is quite optimal for stop and go driving...

Also installed tow hooks, see here: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=31231&st=0&gopid=595082entry595082

Edited by sewebster

Finally got my 91 out for its first real test run since the engine, fuel pump, and steering install. All things considered it ran great, aside from sloppy steering, and the new clutch needing some adjustment.

I managed to get hung up on a few drifts, but managed to pull through...hellooo winter!!!