What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Changed the front headlight bulbs. They were the eleven year old original ones. They were replaced by the cheapest $11 pair of Sylvania bulbs. They are noticeably brighter than the stock stuff, but it's not a significant difference. I hope these last a few years at the least. I don't buy into the SilverStar scam of x% brighter. Yeah, sure, but the bulb only lasts 4 months! The faithful OEM bulbs will live in the glove box as spares.

Edited by Towncivilian

I actually have SilverStars in the 4runner, they ARE noticeably brighter (even out of adjustment) and have been in there for like 2 years so far (I think... like a month after I got it). Not saying run out and buy them but I ended up with a workign pair :shrug:

Filled my coolant overflow reservoir to the "MAX" line. Took about a quart. Dunno how it got empty, maybe from using the heater (hey, my feet were cold).

Maybe your head gaskets are blown and you're burning coolant in the cylinders :jk:

Probably some water just evaporated (or you have a small leak).

Maybe your head gaskets are blown and you're burning coolant in the cylinders :jk:

Probably some water just evaporated (or you have a small leak).

The shop lost some coolant when they dropped the oil pan, so they probably didn't top off enough. I probably do have a very small coolant leak though as the bypass hose is covered in white residue, especially near the bottom of the overflow tank:

th_IMG_20111003_184450.jpg

But the level in the reservoir never dropped noticeably. Anyway, I think some air burped when I ran the heater, so that would explain the loss of coolant (I hope).

Edited by Towncivilian

Today I:

Bought a grease gun and greased every zerk in the front end. :)

Installed a K&N air filter and changed the oil.

Installed energy suspension bump stops on my LCAs.

Put the tires on the front end, and drove it for the first time since June.

Still have to adjust the T-bars down a bit, shame those AC 3" coils give so much height! Install the skid plate, get her aligned and bob's yer uncle!

Pathfinder: Unplugged the CHTS. Runs great now.

Datsun: Spent all day trying to tune the SU carbs on my 620 after both floats went bad. One right after the other. I thought there was something wrong with the front carb, I couldn't get it to tune at all and it had a pretty solid misfire most of the time I was trying to fiddle with it. I did the procedure over and over and over but nothing worked. Turns out something hit the #1 spark plug electrode and crushed it. Not a clue why that happened. And now I also have to fix the #2 plug threads cuz they're all fuggered up. :headwall:

last week i sanded off all the rust on my under carriage, hit it with rust inhibotor, and put a few coats of some rubbery under carriage type of paint.

here's some before/after pics. i forgot to take any "before" pics, but i had a couple from before. i also fixed the seepage you can see from the drain/fill plugs on my rear differential awhile back...

i think it came out great, and i should be rust free for a while now. i also plan to do either a "Krown" rust treatment or spray on some "Fluid Film" rust treatment myself before winter. Fluid Film will probably be cheaper, but i think Krown will probably do a better job. not sure if you guys have Krown in the states or not, its just a rust proofing chain.

Before:

IMG_3708-1.jpg

CopyofIMG_3712.jpg

After:

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

I still have to do the front end. and i'm gonna paint my brake calipers and any rusty front end parts with a brush and POR 15.n its been wet and cool here on and off for the last week. it's starting to be fall here. i really saved this for the last minute. i hope i can get a coat of paint on the front here soon because i've already done all the sanding and its starting to rust now!

And i recently pulled my EGR valve, and butterfly actuator plate. my truck breathes much better now. it drastically reduced the amount of black smoke i see. and my turbo feels stronger! and i cleaned my intake manifold, it was filthy!

I also connected a oil catch can before my PVC filter. my PVC is still vented to the atmosphere through a K&N PCV filter, but it goes through a oil catch can first to collect any oil. sorry, no pics, my camera just broke...

And i have a intercooler and hoodscoop/bellows from a 3L Isuzu Trooper coming to me from England. got everything for $40CAD! had to pay more for shipping, $60CAD. should be a cool project. i still have to collect all the other pieces i need. silicone couplers, turbo and intake manifold flanges, T clamps, small e-fan and switch, boost controller, boost and EGT gauges, vacuum line and fittings, and i will need to replace my intake manifold relief valve with a bung. and i'll also need to make a some mounts for the intercooler itself. i think thats it...

Today I:

Bought a grease gun and greased every zerk in the front end. :)

not enough... start drilling/tapping/adding zerks fittings where you didn't have them before!

last week i sanded off all the rust on my under carriage, hit it with rust inhibotor, and put a few coats of some rubbery under carriage type of paint.

rubberized undercoating? I hate that stuff, holds moisture and never really dries 100%

here's some before/after pics. i forgot to take any "before" pics, but i had a couple from before. i also fixed the seepage you can see from the drain/fill plugs on my rear differential awhile back...

i think it came out great, and i should be rust free for a while now. i also plan to do either a "Krown" rust treatment or spray on some "Fluid Film" rust treatment myself before winter. Fluid Film will probably be cheaper, but i think Krown will probably do a better job. not sure if you guys have Krown in the states or not, its just a rust proofing chain.

Before:

IMG_3708-1.jpg

CopyofIMG_3712.jpg

After:

IMG_4018.jpg

Looks really good man.

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

I still have to do the front end. and i'm gonna paint my brake calipers and any rusty front end parts with a brush and POR 15.n its been wet and cool here on and off for the last week. it's starting to be fall here. i really saved this for the last minute. i hope i can get a coat of paint on the front here soon because i've already done all the sanding and its starting to rust now!

And i recently pulled my EGR valve, and butterfly actuator plate. my truck breathes much better now. it drastically reduced the amount of black smoke i see. and my turbo feels stronger! and i cleaned my intake manifold, it was filthy!

I also connected a oil catch can before my PVC filter. my PVC is still vented to the atmosphere through a K&N PCV filter, but it goes through a oil catch can first to collect any oil. sorry, no pics, my camera just broke...

And i have a intercooler and hoodscoop/bellows from a 3L Isuzu Trooper coming to me from England. got everything for $40CAD! had to pay more for shipping, $60CAD. should be a cool project. i still have to collect all the other pieces i need. silicone couplers, turbo and intake manifold flanges, T clamps, small e-fan and switch, boost controller, boost and EGT gauges, vacuum line and fittings, and i will need to replace my intake manifold relief valve with a bung. and i'll also need to make a some mounts for the intercooler itself. i think thats it...

got it mostly back together still waiting on my projector headlights to come before i can put my powder coated grill and fog lights back on. I installed a new flip out dvd player since my old one quit reading disks and I also installed my new reverse camera. So far its coming out very well with all my new painted parts and front end and their brake light it looks great and handles good! I think i have a belt loose it squeal/churp for like 1 second when i do a cold start.

Another run to pick a part, picked up the map light? that goes by the rear view mirror, also the rear headliner with the speakers and bracket all for the 88.

I noticed when I pulled the front headliner that there were holes for a grab rail on the drivers side, I knew they were there on the 4 doors, something else to add to the list.

I think someone mentioned awhile back that the 2 doors had the mounts for the shoulder harness for the outer back seats, will check and see. Pics coming as I do the rear headliner.

I didn't take any pics of the map lights as I know it has been done before.

Oh I also found a 93 owners manual so it was a pretty good day scrounging

Pulled my transmission last night, dreading the re-install.

6262087392_c721a9773b_z.jpg

But, a beefed up torque converter and shift kit for the trans will make it all worth it.

Now it's on to the rear main seal and whatever that other one is...

Another run to pick a part, picked up the map light? that goes by the rear view mirror, also the rear headliner with the speakers and bracket all for the 88.

I noticed when I pulled the front headliner that there were holes for a grab rail on the drivers side, I knew they were there on the 4 doors, something else to add to the list.

I think someone mentioned awhile back that the 2 doors had the mounts for the shoulder harness for the outer back seats, will check and see. Pics coming as I do the rear headliner.

I didn't take any pics of the map lights as I know it has been done before.

Oh I also found a 93 owners manual so it was a pretty good day scrounging

Here's the measurements for the extra "holes' you have to put in the headliner for the drivers grab handle (still one of my favorite interior mods ive done)

And if I remember correctly RedPath88 has 4 door style belt's in the back of his 2 door and that wHierd nunya guy does as well :shrug: (besides some panel modification there was 1 hole per side I had to drill, and it wasn't a 'structure' point. All the actual securing points are already part of the body)

Well no problems with the map light, used a motodremel to do the metal trimming and an exacto knife on the head liner picked up the hot lead from hot wire going to the dome light. :dance: :dance:

Pulled trim panels and rear headliner, positioned speaker panel and drilled mounting holes, ran speaker wires to the side panel speakers and removed side speakers, the speaker cones were still in one piece but I decided to delete them.

Started installing new head liner and it looked a little odd, when I started installing the trim panels I could see the problem, seems like the four door headliners are about 4 inches narrower, length is good just the width.

So I'm either going to have to rework newer trim panels or splice the 2 headiners.

maybe both.

it's all in and sounds good it just looks crappy. :angry: :angry:

There are mounting threads for the shoulder harness :D

Edited by vagabond