What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I installed the starter with the modified wiring (temporary version), turned the key and Ol'Blue lives again!

There was some sputtering at the start but she seems to idle fine, with no unsual sounds.

After a few short idles and restarts I backed out of the garage under full steam. There is still some tuning to be done but man it was great to hear it go!

Thanks to everyone who shared their expertise and good humour in getting this engine removal/install done.

Edited by OlBlue

Apologized to the pathy for not taking it to the hunting camp this past weekend. Instead I road my honda 4 wheeler through the 4 to 5 inches of dust on all the wooded trails till I was so covered in dust I couldn't recognize my glock 22 that was on my belt. I swore I'd never leave the pathy home again, it keeps me all clean in those situations! I've become such a candy ass!

James

Tackled the exhaust manifold studs. Had to drill out 2 on the drivers side (thanks P.O. for replacing the passenger side!) and replaced them with the upgraded studs. The job went perfectly! Thought about replacing the others while I was there, but a storm was rolling in and I had a thirst for beer. Buttoned everything up and ran it for a while watching the penetrating oil burn off in a haze. Ready for work tomorrow!

Ground down some frame rust and cut patches...

P1010009-5.jpgP1010010-6.jpg

... and wired the contacts that used to make the buzzer go off, to a little light bulb by the keys. I might end up putting in a nicer buzzer, and an oem keys light, but I sort of like this, and at least now the steering column's back together. :) It only lights up if the lights are on and the door's open, which is really the only time I need it anyway.

P1010003-13.jpgP1010008-13.jpg

I'll get some pics up of the frame repair this coming weekend. I plan to make some templates of my patches, too, if anyone's interested.

Edited by Slartibartfast

309206_1779117096911_1808911159_1193471_55178676_n.jpg

I'm totally calling your bluff! :ar15:

I meant I don't like getting dirty if I don't have to.

Maby you took it in the wrong context and his backside tastes like Skittles? :shrug:

Taste the rainbow!

I'm sure by Saturday night my backside tasted like dirt! I was so covered in dust that I'm sure my butt crack had some too. I understand the problems our military has in Iraq. After getting my glock covered in dust the bullets wouldn't even come out of the magazine, I had to shake them out. I will have to strip it completely apart and submerge all the parts to get the dust out of it. :headwall: I should have know better. It would have been just fine riding on the seat in my pathy though.

James

4 bucks!?!? :wtf:

I wouldn't take them even for 4 bucks! They didn't bite well at all, were noisy and left a crapload of brake dust on the wheels. This was on the maxima but they are practically the same as the pathy pads.

On the pathfinder I had raybestos pads before, and now have monroe premiums, quiet and low dust.

Borrowed a friend's impact gun to remove some stubborn bolts and installed new Energy Suspension poly bushings & compression rod on the passenger side. Next job to tackle is to lessen the amount of free play in the steering box. It seems like I'm on a freaking quest to get this thing to handle better!

I found one or two places that claimed they had them, but could never track any down. Mind sharing where you found some?

I'll let you all know if this place actually delivers... I'd hate to get everyone all lathered up for nothing...

Had the water pump replaced.....no more coolant leaks!!!!! Whoooooo Hooooooooooo!!!!!! However, my mechanic told me that I need to replace my timing belt, :thumbsdown: , but I have a good mechanic for great prices!!!!!

So he put the old timing belt back on?