What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Tried to install my motor into the pathfinder and could not get it to line up right. I really need my load leveler. At least the engine is out of the apartment and sitting inside the truck.

I wish you luck with your install, I know you put a lot of work into where you are at so far. I hope the rest goes smooth for you. If I was local I'd go give you a hand.

James

went to my fav junk yard in town and he said he crushed the only nissan/truck /pathfinder there with the 3.0 so i had to go to the other jy and got the maf connector plug for 10 bucks. im going to try to re pin it and put new leads tommorrow well i hope if not clean it up and splice in hope it fixes my pathy

went to my fav junk yard in town and he said he crushed the only nissan/truck /pathfinder there with the 3.0 so i had to go to the other jy and got the maf connector plug for 10 bucks. im going to try to re pin it and put new leads tommorrow well i hope if not clean it up and splice in hope it fixes my pathy

Was your connector all corroded? I noticed on my sentra when I pulled the MAF sensor off to clean it the plug and the socket on the MAF sensor were all covered in green corrosion. Scraped it off best I could car seems to run ok, but I noticed the rubber boot over the plug was all torn.

Put green duct tape around where the rubber for the t-case shifter should be... should last until I get around to snagging an old tractor tube. The Nissan dealerships don't even have the rubber piece in their books. :shrug:

They do still carry this piece, trust me!

Didn't get called in for work today so I replaced the exhaust & tail pipe. Those little hangars were a royal pain to remove! This job took far too long to do because the replacement part was just one piece and I had to jack up the rear of the truck & then remove the gas tank skid plate for clearance during installation. Oh, did I mention the hangars?? Got it done though!

Result: nice & quiet. I didn't upgrade to a performance exhaust or anything fancy, cause I don't want to spend the dosh, and my Lambretta Motorscooter is loud enough to make me appreciate a quiet running vehicle!

Was your connector all corroded? I noticed on my sentra when I pulled the MAF sensor off to clean it the plug and the socket on the MAF sensor were all covered in green corrosion. Scraped it off best I could car seems to run ok, but I noticed the rubber boot over the plug was all torn.

yes its all corroded and when i was tryin to figure why the motor would idle wierd or die i touched the maf wiring and it would act up but i think the pins might be loose but ill try to tinker with it this weekend . and my boot is ripped im going to just E tape it

Something i need to do...if only i knew how. someone told me a long time ago. I dont remember where or who. XD

I assume i can buy something to check codes from AutoZone.

Check here. I don't think AutoZone sells ODB1 scan tools, and most (if not all) don't have a tool to scan ODB1 systems.

Check here. I don't think AutoZone sells ODB1 scan tools, and most (if not all) don't have a tool to scan ODB1 systems.

Im going to sit down tomorrow or sometime this weekend and read that then attempt to attack my problem without killing my beloved pathfinder.

I read the codes from mine the other day, dead easy, and pulled a code 55 which I was very happy about (means all clear). I read what towncivilian linked to, printed it out, put it in the glove box just in case. I did end up removing the seat, just to make things easier (and because I discovered lots of french fries lurking around the computer). Didn't even take that long, and I can't figure out most digital watches. :)

Edited by Slartibartfast

Tried to mate the transmission with the engine block by using longer bolts and large nuts as spacers to pull the two together. I think I ended up misaligning the input shaft with the pilot bushing. The flex plate looks like it's bent/flexing. I didn't think it was this hard to do.