What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

well lets see i did a couple of little things nothing major, my speedo cable tip thingy broke on me this morning found a cheap easy fix thanks to..my1path, found a old thread that he posted in-- http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=26222&st=0&p=586112&hl=andy&fromsearch=1entry586112 -- and then i replaced some instrument cluster lights , for the cruise control kinda bugged me so i found these bulb #37 cause the 74's were a little to fat but other then that i drove it like a mad man

Edited by ANDY

There are two pieces that run across the radiator. And it's not an air intake of any kind. I'm sure you see the pinched part? it's sealed right there. Basically it's just an intake silencer. Though I'm not 100% sure why they included a second piece that runs to the other side of the radiator...

Here is a poor picture of the tube I got. It isn't pinched off, but you're right, it is sealed inside the left side (in the photo, passenger side on the truck). I only got one tube... anyway, maybe I'll put it on and see how it changes the sound. Seems like it might make it a bit harder for water to get into the air box by sealing off that low hole, but I don't think the main port is much higher.

IMGP7629.jpg

The stock air intake is surprisingly decent at preventing water from getting in. I've been in water over the hood a couple times and it didn't get wet at all. I think entering the water properly is what helps.

I sanded and painted some small rust spots on the "real" steel bumper underneath the rear bumper cover today. Still got a ton more rust behind the driver's side taillight and under the tailgate door to deal with before putting the bumper back on.

I got some Krylon Fusion paint, over 9000 times better than the Duplicolor Trim garbage I was using. Sprayed more coats on the bumper, not really even anymore but a few more light coats should fix it right up. With all this paint I don't think it'll be fading any time soon.

Bought a couple new 7443 bulbs for the front parking lights too, haven't installed yet.

I just swapped the transmission cooler return hose 180 degrees to reposition the in-line Magnefine transmission into the front bumper cover so it doesn't interfere with the stock engine undercover. But it still doesn't fit, the stock cooler outlet hose is in the way now. I'll fix that tomorrow.

I also sanded and sprayed my rear bumper... hopefully the paint will come out more even this time. :deadhorse:

Why did I start this at 2 am? Because I can't &^%*ing sleep. Oh, I also smashed a giant bug in my garage:

th_IMG_20110812_005425.jpg

I think the paint fumes and brake cleaner are getting to me... heh, this is my post #420.

Tomorrow I need to get the stock undercover to fit, top up the ATF since I leaked some swapping the hose, replace a clamp on the intake tube, recycle a bunch of oil/other fluid, recycle a laptop battery, ship out a rear wiper motor and some lights... sounds like fun. Problem is I won't be able to get up (or at least wouldn't want to get up) until like 1 pm since I can't sleep until 5 anymore. :thumbsdown:

Edited by Towncivilian

D'oh, by turning the hose 180 degrees I realized I made the flow backwards for the in-line Magnefine trans filter, so I had to swap that 180 degrees as well. Pain in the ass. And the engine undercover still doesn't fit because the hoses are in the way, need to find a better way to route them... and I got all the other @!*% done I mentioned in the previous post.

Yeah, it's in your pic. It's the one that looks like an S ;) It connects directly to the airbox, and then to the long straight piece. Both my 95's had a pinch in the S that made it a sealed piece.

today I added turn signals to my $36 $42 bumper

now48dollar.jpg?t=1313295804

I also made some progress on some functional tail-light armor... the bars are 0.20" wall and have an insert welded inside each end. then they are bolted though the hinge pins of the tire carrier and I have reversed set on the left as shown.

th_Tailightbars.jpgth_Taillightguard.jpg

Installed my new lift coils + shocks. The AC 3" coils gave me nearly 4" of lift! I'm hoping they'll settle down closer to 3". I then cranked the t-bars up about 2.5" on each side. Need to wait to drive it a bit to see how everything settles, but that won't be till next weekend. Rockauto is awesome and all but waiting for parts sucks!

29014623575282620091364.jpg

I really want new tires now too...

28807723577691480311364.jpg

Edited by Harbinger

The AC coils don't settle much at all. Well they haven't for me lol.

Well we'll see how she settles once I can drive her again. Don't really want to go more than 2.5" up front, but might have too if the rear doesn't settle a bit. :)

Thrashed on it hard this weekend at my buddy's cabin in Carson. Jumping stumps and logs, tight trails that scratched the hell out of the paint, redlining up long ass steep power line roads, etc. It was a blast.

Installed my new lift coils + shocks. The AC 3" coils gave me nearly 4" of lift! I'm hoping they'll settle down closer to 3". I then cranked the t-bars up about 2.5" on each side. Need to wait to drive it a bit to see how everything settles, but that won't be till next weekend. Rockauto is awesome and all but waiting for parts sucks!

29014623575282620091364.jpg

I really want new tires now too...

28807723577691480311364.jpg

No they wont settle, I had the same problem. That is why I pulled mine off and got some jeep springs like I should have done in the first place. You won't be able to get the front even close to leveling it out. Even with 1/2" ball joint spacers in the front with the control arms on the rubber stoppers mine was 2 inches lower in the front. The axle were at a steep angle too.

James