What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

We got lucky today and picked up a grill and headlights and a right front marker light off of a truck. Lights are installed, painting the grill and installing it tomorrow, oh its going in the 88, also installing tweeters in the A posts pics when installed

Without Nissan emblem

316eab53-9fbd-4c84-a91d-a43a101fd462.jpg

With emblem

4befcab1-1ed8-4a71-9c5a-ea765e9adea5.jpg

we also have the 4WD emblem, but I think I'll leave it off

Edited by vagabond

4befcab1-1ed8-4a71-9c5a-ea765e9adea5.jpg

don't forget the HB marker lights to get the complete blend with the grill! And I always kinda liked the off centered badge on that grill... Kinda old Ranger-esqe if you get what I mean (or just constantly switch it around screwing with people.

Started spraying PB Blaster on my O2 sensor a couple days ago. About 1 thread came out smoothly. Have come to the conclusion that its never coming out, at least not in my garage. So I guess I'll get an estimate on what its gonna cost at a shop. 17 year old OEM part wins again.

It'll come out. Try letting it soak for a few days and beat on the bung (not the sensor) with a hammer. Should break all the rust off eventually.

Its actually been soaking for 3 now. I did beat on the bung (I've been down this route before with a friends Ford Ranger I worked on....with 4 O2 sensors!) and I still dont see it coming out. Part of the issue looks like a PO or a shop tried to remove it with a SAE size instead of metric. I'm gonna be suprised if they can even get it out without cutting it.

Its actually been soaking for 3 now. I did beat on the bung (I've been down this route before with a friends Ford Ranger I worked on....with 4 O2 sensors!) and I still dont see it coming out. Part of the issue looks like a PO or a shop tried to remove it with a SAE size instead of metric. I'm gonna be suprised if they can even get it out without cutting it.

Oh, one of those situations! Good luck

Do you have the pipe section out of the truck? If not you can remove it, cut the wires off and put a socket on...

No, its still in. Its all so crusted up I'm afraid to try to break any part of it lose, I just need to get a whole new exhaust eventually.

don't forget the HB marker lights to get the complete blend with the grill! And I always kinda liked the off centered badge on that grill... Kinda old Ranger-esqe if you get what I mean (or just constantly switch it around screwing with people.

The rt side marker was busted up. the left needed paint so we'll be looking for a rt side, maybe I'll stick the left on when the paint drys. We'll add a rt side marker to our list

No, its still in. Its all so crusted up I'm afraid to try to break any part of it lose, I just need to get a whole new exhaust eventually.

Probably you'll take it to the shop and they'll just tell you to get a new exhaust! :tongue:

today, reinstalled the starter and battery, replaced the positive wire from the battery to the solenoid, added a ground from the starter bolt to the frame, installed aftermarket positive battery terminal, installed new Purolator pure one oil filter and Mobil one 10W30 oil, see pics in my starter question thread.

Turn on the truck and let it run for 5-10 mins. Be careful not to burn yourself, mine came right out after that.

Yesterday I:

Finished installing new tension rods & bushings.

Replaced the front sway bar bushings, and one end link.

Today I plan on:

Running to the hardware store for some new bolts/nuts.

Installing the other end link.

Hopefully get to changing my oil and installing the oil filter relocation kit.

Lessons learned: Often times on a truck with OEM parts still installed after almost 200K miles, the best option is to just cut the rusted bolts with a grinder. :)

Edited by Harbinger

today, reinstalled the starter and battery, replaced the positive wire from the battery to the solenoid, added a ground from the starter bolt to the frame, installed aftermarket positive battery terminal, installed new Purolator pure one oil filter and Mobil one 10W30 oil, see pics in my starter question thread.

I saw you pictures/write up in the other post, nice job!

I hit it's ARB several times with a ladder.

B

shoulda used it as your ladder brace... no moving/falling ladder then!

droped the motorin , gear box and driveshafts. and now hookin it all up

hmmm did this really go here :crossedwires:

nope, thats actual work!

New tailgate struts! The original units can't keep it up in this cool weather. Think that the Pathy is about ready for winter and very minimal maintenance for next 6 months.

Tonight I finished installing the new bushings/end links on my front sway bar. Bled the new brakes, and greased a few bushings I had missed.

Tomorrow she might actually wear her front shoes again!

Edited by Harbinger

Finally got around to greasing the Energy Suspension sway bar bushings I installed a couple months ago. The noise was finally too much. Also fixed a small leak appearing to come from my front diff drain plug, and filled it back full of gear oil. And broke off a skid pan bolt, so now I'm down to 4.

Edited by Trogdor636