What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I picked up and reinstalled my tire carrier from my welding buddy today. Had dropped it off to get high-lift mounts and a light tab welded on. I have the high lift mounted with a shiny new padlock now! Just need to sort out the new rattles now.

Also, I was finally VICTORIOUS over the broken seat bolt that has been pissing me off for a few days now. Drilled it out and tapped it for a 10mm bolt. Will pull ECU codes and reinstall the seat tomorrow.

Ran a specific ground from the transmission temp sender, but it didn't solve anything. Will order a new sender next week and cross my fingers.

Oh yeah, I topped off the tank too. Am going camping tomorrow with girlfriend A. :D

Today I installed another 8 port fuse box, this time in the rear of the truck. Wired up a 6" cheap light on the tire carrier, relayed off of the backup lights.

Limped her home after my transmission decided to ruin our night. Blech. She still has never left me stranded though! *knocks on wood*

Replaced the starter today, had to run to hardware store to get new bolts as the ones I had in the old starter would not thread into the new one. Pulled front tires off to check the brakes.

Drove it to Pick n Pull to get a new outer and inner handle for a friends Pathfinder that was stolen and recovered. The rear passenger door won't open but its 103 here so that's a project for another day.

Edited by Trogdor636

INstalled my SE seats, (driver only pictured)

My old driver seat was pretty worn, the fabric was quite threadbare on the left ass cheek and the foam padding was crumbling out from the inside.

The SE seats I installed are approximately the same age but MUCH BETTER shape. I just had to rebuild the Mechanism on the passenger seat because Sombody @ the JY cut the cable when taking them out for the ECU or possibly the seat rails.

425152_361097317296864_2088672890_n.jpg

Edited by MY1PATH

technically yesterday but started the Quest/Villager alty swap (typical me, only start a project) by swapping on the pulley from an old stock alty I didn't throw away for some reason

a267fb7e.jpg

and replaced my rear wiper with a fancy floppy one I cut down to the correct size

ffa95cb6.jpg

Yeah, clearly need to be careful, it's only low at idle though. I am worried that it is losing the prime somehow. I already replaced the oil pump, which seemed to solve the problem... for a few months. Can't believe another oil pump is on the outs, haven't been any engine problems, no metal in oil since then etc. I guess the easy thing to try is to replace my aftermarket gauge with the factory dummy light and see if it comes on... but now I'm curious to know exactly what is happening, so was thinking of putting in an expensive (~$200) industrial style transducer to really figure out what is going on. But, ugh. Only things I can think of to have it lose the prime are oil pump and pick-up-tube o-ring, both of which I have serviced recently...

Main bearings are also new. Heh, it was a factory pump... from an aftermarket supplier... it came (new) with the logo ground off... thought that was kinda cool. Maybe they sold the mold or something?

Replaced ALL upper & lower rear control arm bushings with those fancy red polyurethane bushings from Energy Suspension. Took 2.5 hours. Thankfully my friend Al had a hydraulic press I could use. Rides much better!

I finally got around to putting in the radiator drop down bracket. While the mechanic had my radiator tore out for the t-belt job I told him to take a brake and went to work with the grinder. Sits much happier now =)

553415_733418292224_1577766442_n.jpg

Main bearings are also new. Heh, it was a factory pump... from an aftermarket supplier... it came (new) with the logo ground off... thought that was kinda cool. Maybe they sold the mold or something?

Well ain't that some sheit...