What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Awesome site!

Thanks!

Fixed the damn radio bay. I had installed a single din CD player and a bin underneath, but the weight of the radio kept making the bin pop out - thats what you get with a generic single din bin.

Works great now that the bin is on top.

Also took off the glovebox to check the leaf buildup in the condenser box. 2 pinestraw and a leaf... Got cool pictures of my daughter helping me out though. I'll edit the post when I get them off my phone.

Yeah, the mechanic that's gonna do the work for me showed me the site....he has gotten engines for other people there.....if you care to look at it, you can fine it here. I was shocked at the mileage and the cost of everything.....mechanic says he has had nothing but good luck with them.....we will see!!!

The JDM engine I bought for my PF was supposed to be low mileage too I think I paid about $600 for it out the door, no idea if it really has low mileage but it runs like it does !!

Found a replacement rad fan and clutch. Replaced that, now repairing a broken tail light lense. Next on the list, replace door and rear speakers and hack into the wiring connector for the factory Clarion amp to hook up the rear speakers. Then I'll move on to the important stuff: procuring exhaust manifold studs, bypassing the tranny cooler and taking care of the rust before it gets out of hand.

picked out a color for my xterra rack, I chose machinery grey from Acehardware, painted the parts and they are drying now, put silicone around the rivnuts and teflon tape on all the bolts, will install later.

xterra rack is finally done and on, my wife has the good digital camera so I used our old ancient one, pics below:

drivers side view:

6rh3qc.jpg

front drivers side mount close:

xeh4ox.jpg

middle drivers side mount close, mount reversed to go inside the rack:

sxdw6u.jpg

rear drivers side mount close:

wc0ia1.jpg

sunroof open and clears rack:

jgh54i.jpg

view from front"

28hg293.jpg

pass. side view from front:

yp3t3.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks,

I think next project is going to be pulling the starter and taking it back for a new one. I thought tightening the one bolt solved the problem but it is still doing the just spinning thing every once in a while !! So not looking forward to removing/installing it again !!

Spent I don't know how long trying to figure out why the rear end squeaked like crazy if I messed with it while parked. Turns out, the emergency brake was on. Took it off and it's dead quiet. Starting to wonder if the e-brake cable is loose...?

Also sprayed blaster on the torsion bar bolts... PO or somebody got into them, and it sits about an inch higher on the driver's side. This'll be fun.

X rack looks fantastic! Great job!

Changed the O2 sensor in mine.... last night... CEL has been on for a little while, just waiting on the sensor to arrive... Well I went to leave the house to go to the daughters ball game when the light started flashing, and the truck started running incredibly rough, finally just dying. It would not start back at all... Good thing was that I had received the sensor in the mail... So without further waiting... I worked like crazy to get the old sensor out, then put the new one in... After that, I cleared the codes and started it up.... like it never had any issues...

Dont ask me why it died... who knows... I checked everything else that I could, nothing else seemed to be an issue...

Thanks, had an idea today. We know the xterra racks have that black plastic fairing type thing on the front, I don't think it could ba made to fit on the cut down rack when installed on the Pathfinder, BUT today I noticed a frontier with the tubular rack and it had the fairing, and being that the frontier roof is flat I'm wondering if that front fairing off a frontier rack might work on the Pathfinder???

I repainted the engine bay. :D Not exactly good for 100 mile old bearings but right before the hole I went to shift in to second and my wet foot slipped off the clutch pedal. Red lined the hell out of the thing. But I have much faith, after all ACL does support revolutions... :rolleyes:

0620120029.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaned all of my personal belongings and stereo crap out of it. It's getting traded tomorrow for a 450HP Z31. I'm sad to see the ol' girl go, I love it to death but I'm ready for a change and looking forward to the next project. I've made my mark on it, time to pass it on to another fellow Nissan enthusiast that I know will take good care of it.

0628121954a.jpg

Today I took my truck to a firestone shop. I had them install my new geolanders and cragar soft 8's, and bought a cheap tire for a spare. Then I finally bought that lifetime alignment, and they actually shimmed it finally!

I cranked the tbars before taking it down. Looks much better now! Will have pics later. Got around to ordering some low profile bumpstops too.

Best comment from a shop tech. "I didn't think those tires were going to fit under your truck!" Note - I was installing 31x10.5's.

Today I took my truck to a firestone shop. I had them install my new geolanders and cragar soft 8's, and bought a cheap tire for a spare. Then I finally bought that lifetime alignment, and they actually shimmed it finally!

I cranked the tbars before taking it down. Looks much better now! Will have pics later. Got around to ordering some low profile bumpstops too.

Best comment from a shop tech. "I didn't think those tires were going to fit under your truck!" Note - I was installing 31x10.5's.

Did you make sure to get the longer bolts for the UCA's? If they put too many shims there won't be enough thread engagement to torque the bolts and they could fall out.

Cleaned all of my personal belongings and stereo crap out of it. It's getting traded tomorrow for a 450HP Z31. I'm sad to see the ol' girl go, I love it to death but I'm ready for a change and looking forward to the next project. I've made my mark on it, time to pass it on to another fellow Nissan enthusiast that I know will take good care of it.

0628121954a.jpg

don't forget to aim the new owner here so we can warn him all you did to it help him as well :lol:

Did you make sure to get the longer bolts for the UCA's? If they put too many shims there won't be enough thread engagement to torque the bolts and they could fall out.

IIRC he has aftermarket UCAs that compensate some for BJ angle so shouldn't be TOO bad :shrug:

My flares are back on and I have plate lights that work again and now stay in one place without zipties holding them up by the wires (GM donated side mounded ones on the trim now instead of the over the plate ones. Get some LED bulbs and have no worries about 'not seeing the plate'). Got the fresh tip for the exhaust too (don't know where the last one went, on some hiway somewhere I guess...) and ate some yogurt

FINALLY got the intake manifold installed. Got all the spark plug wires but #6 - then it got dark and I gave up. Tomorrow: modify power-steering bracket, install radiator, fan, shroud, v-belts, header cross over, battery. Then turn the ignition.

I probably broke or stripped the gear or whatever it is in the fresh air door flap, slammed it into recirculation cause it kept going to fresh and now it's fresh air all the time. Any ideas how to fix it

Pulled the TB on the 88 and replaced the heater with one I'd modified Ha who needs it in so ca, while I had the TB off cleaned the MAF and noticed a little corosion on the connectors a little tuner tonic and 600 wet or dry all nice and shiny, it even seems to run a little better. Maybe my imagination but it seems to.

Going down next week and picking up 50 feet of 1 inch square aluminum tubing for my Baja rack, I've about given up hope on the Targa bar so will build a rack and install my daylighters on it.

If I ever do get the targa bar I can always swap the rack over to the 94

Pictures ASAP! D:

i missed mine today... :( been almost two weeks without (last sunday)

going home NEXT weekend... :D

I will take pictures tomorrow. Dark rims/tires don't show up so well at night!

Get on it already! :bwack:

I didn't have them install longer bolts, but since it's a lifetime alignment I'll order up the bolts and maybe readust the t-bars before taking it back down. I need to take the guys at the alignment shop some beer anyway. I could see there angry arm shaking and frustration at aligning my truck. Still, they did a good job and didn't share their frustrations with me. It was a good experience.

IIRC he has aftermarket UCAs that compensate some for BJ angle so shouldn't be TOO bad :shrug:

I do have Superlift UCA's, and my ball joint angles look pretty awesome at the moment, TYVM. :beer: Not sure what it has to do with the length of the UCA bolts though?

They did remove the washers I had placed on there when I installed the UCA's, and the shims don't look very thick at at all. I'm also only running 31x10.50's, so my supension lift has remained rather mild, save for the 4 inches of 4x4parts lift springs.

I installed new lifts on the rear glass tonight. A worthwhile improvement if I do say so myself! Also put on some new wiper blades. Weee.

Edited by Harbinger

Right/good stuff=less effing around to make stuff nice

I can accept that as an answer. :)

Weee, not sure if this counts, but I just dropped the truck off to get the windows tinted. Dark windows + dark rims ftw. I'm looking more forward to having a cooler truck though.