What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

4 new speakers to replace the originals. Now I can turn up my music louder than the ticking sound coming from my engine.

Sanded rust off the receiver hitch, painted with rust inhibitor then painted black. Had two cans of ruberized undercoating laying around, so I used those up (they don't go very far) :shrug: Wired up a blue neon tube with a switch for the rear glass/hatch. Mounted amp in the back and cleaned up the wires to it and the rear speaker box. Adjusted the parking brake...

Finished my Bondo and rattle can rust repair.

rust1.jpg

After grinding and Bondo

rust2.jpg

Sanding the Bondo

rust3.jpg

Base Coat

rust4.jpg

Clear Coat, sanded, buffed... Done

Turned out better than I thought it would. It beats having the corner of my door falling off.

And just for the curious. Total cost was under $20. Got the paint at Ollie's Bargain outlet for $2 (base and clear) :laugh: Just needed the Bondo and some sand paper. Had everything else.

Edited by MrT

Sanded and started painting my brush guard (94-95 style) then removed my front bumper and sanded and paint it and the plastics along with the rest of the brush guard. It is all currently in the shop hanging to dry until tomorrow :-) its all going on! :-D update tomorrow with pics.

So I had the great idea of trimming my rear fenders for future large tires. I followed the lines left from the factory fender flares. It didnt quite turn out how I planned. The inner wheel well metal was hanging down so I decided to cut a small strip out of that so it wouldnt cut my tire when flexing. I did the driver's side first. After I got it cut out I took a look and noticed that there are wires there. Well needless to say I cut through 3 bundles and the truck was dead :clap: . I re-wired it and everything was good for the most part. Every time I turned the key on the rear windshield wiper would come on and do a couple sweeps then turn off. I found the 2 wires I had swapped and that was fixed. Now everything works except for the radio and the dash clock. The dash clock comes on after about 5 minutes of running :scratchhead: then when I shut the truck off and turn it back on the clock is off, when it comes on it start at 1:00. I checked the wires multiple times, all the color codes are matched up correctly. The only issue I ran into was there were 2 sets of pink wires with purple stripes going into one connector, 2 red wires with black stripes going into the same connector, and 2 plain green wires going into the other connector which I had swapped which was causing the windshield wiper issue. The red and pink wires I have tried swapping and it didnt change anything except for causing one of my reverse lights not to come on. So I dont know what the deal is. I have checked the fuses and they are good, and I didnt see any other cut wires. I am going to fill that area in with foam to prevent water from getting into it. I did not attempt to cut the passenger side inner strip. Needless to say this was not one of my best ideas. :togo:

Edited by Scott.T

I'm sure that was really frustrating, but the mental image is making me laugh a bit. Good luck getting it sorted, I'm going to have to double check my planned trimming pattern!

Brother I hope you get to feeling better soon. That stuff is no joke.

I put some stop leak in the AC, searched for 30-45 minutes for a leak with a UV light... decided to put in some freon, did so... then found the leak... dang schrader valves are leaking. Now I will have to buy more freon in order to change em... gah. At least I found the leak, and for the time being I have HOLY CRAP COLD AIR... yea bo straight blowing snow balls.... It was even better when I had the pressure switch jumped out... I think I froze up the coil....yes it was that cold. I was more worried about the compression blowing lines and such... so I put it back like it is supposed to be. Still cold, but man, it was kind of well it was really nice to have that super cold air in this dang humid TN weather... (88 degrees today, but it is 100% humidity.)

On another note, checked the CEL and guess what... code 55. Nice. No problems... Well then why in the CRAP did my light come on? Just messin with me huh? I am not one to just shrug something off, so I started digging.... did the A/F ratio test and no LED's flash... or come on for that matter.... Hmmmm.... did the O2 sensor test.... NO LIGHTS.... crap. So I traced the wiring, and no breaks, burns, cuts, abrasions, lacerations, oops I mean nothing was wrong with it. Have no idea when it was replaced and it looks a bit rusted out... sooooo I guess its time to change that stupid sensor.

Reset the light, started it back up and let it idle.... no light came back on.

I assume it will once it "realizes" that the O2 sensor is not working. Jack wagon.

Sigh... egay here I come, since AZ wants three of my limbs and my left eyeball for one.

Thats all folks.

Registration came today, plates are legal again :jig: (well still were until Thursday... last minute renewal... as usual)

Ha! Me to! What are the chances that you procrastinate as poorly (or greatly) as me?

Ran a whole can of seafoam through the intake...WOW! That made a LOT of smoke! Drove around a little afterwards...not sure if it's any better or if I just THINK it's better LOL :lol: