What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Today:

change oil, replace PCV valve, Clean mud off MAF sensor, Fix exhaust leak on header crossover pipe, and fill tank with gas

Tomorrow:

Hopefully pass smog.

Over the Next few months :

Break in new clutch

Edited by msavides

Accomplished a little more rust removal and prep for paint (almost to the point I'll be shooting colors) have a temporary vacuum gauge hung/connected, replaced my 'tailpipe', just need a tip for that and I'll have a complete exhaust system again. I actually accomplished something :aok:

Got in her to go to the store and got a slow starter to nothing......she's been starting slow for the last week.....I guess tomorrow I willl have to begin the PITA of pulling it so I can go get a new one to install....NOT looking forward to that!!!!!

Mud on the MAF? Sheesh ... Time for a new air filter!

Actually I just pull it out and wash it off in the sink and wring it out to dry it. I have an HKS super hybrid Air Filter.

I think i need to put a rubber gasket around it though, that is how the muddy water got to the MAF. I should not have been in that deep of water to begin with.

IT PASSED SMOG TODAY!

here are the numbers

17ga_063_u5vaf.jpg

Yeah i thought i had it running good last night so today i get in to go test it out on the trails and FAIL! running like crap AGAIN! changed the spark plugs, maf, tps, and cap and rotor all just in the last month. so i was messing with it most of the day and i think it is getting way to much gas, when i ran it it was ruff so i pulled the air filter and box and then looked at the intake while it was running crappy and gas was poring into the intake. think i need to analyze my fuel system. no codes on the cpu.

Thanks ill chec that tomorrow and let you know what i see. and i think it was the pass side i was looking at when i saw how much gas was being spraid into the intake. it sounds like its drowning when its running and you can smell its rich

Started taking out the front carpet so I can weld up the hole that is slowly evolving over my leaky (at one time, exhaust shop its currently not leaking?!? Maybe it rusted its own repair!) y pipe to mid pipe connection. Anybody know what gauge sheet metal gauge Pathy floors are?

yesterday i finished my Taurus efan swap that i started on saturday! :D (wired a toggle switch yesterday and secured wires) so now i have a way to shut off the fan for water crossings and such. :) also replaced one of my cracked and rusty marker lights, now i just need to find one more. and today i started tearing apart my new found grill guard (the type that wraps around the corners) until i found rivets. trying to figure out how im going to take those out... this thing needs paint!!

today i started tearing apart my new found grill guard (the type that wraps around the corners) until i found rivets. trying to figure out how im going to take those out... this thing needs paint!!

Drill them out.

finally got my starter replaced after a nasty mudhole claimed it. under an hour, it helps to have air tools and every adapter known to mechanics, but not that hard all in all. now to replace the strut rod bushings...

I receive a box of parts ordered from Rockauto in the mail today.

I only had about 20 mins, so I thought I could replace my fuel filter with time to spare. <--- LOL NOPE

Took the fuse out, started up my truck. Let it die. Cranked it 3 more times to be safe.

Loosened the clamps on the hoses. It took several sprays of PB and pulling as hard as I possibly could to get those hoses off.

I got the IN hose off. Guess what? Dirty gasoline goes everywhere. NICE.

I finally get the fuel filter all out. Here are the results

2012-05-01151340.jpg

Says Made in Japan

Original, stock fuel filter? Most likely. (135k miles)

But here's the real shocker

After the filter shot gas everywhere, I quickly put it in the first thing I could find. I let it drain into a PB cap

2012-05-01151350.jpg

and...

2012-05-01151622.jpg

:ill:

That's why I change my fuel filter yearly or so. Fuel filters are cheap, and I'd rather minimize any possible restriction to avoid the fuel pump working harder than it should. That reminds me - it's been a year and one day now since I last changed the fuel filter... better change it soon! I think I'll cut the current NAPA Gold 3023 (Wix 33023) open to see how it looks and measure the amount of filtering media.

I change my fuel filter every other oil change.

My starter fried, not happenin today. Can't get a fresh one till tomorrow. He gets to hide at work for a night.

Nunya, you should tell people that you only change your oil once a year or it is false advertising... ;)

Changing a fuel filter every year is like changing your plugs every 10,000 miles but if you like throwing $ away, it is yours to throw... :shrug:

Today I broke the roof rack on the R50...

B

Went too the gas station in it, I got my first ticket ever, for loud exhaust. Also got bitched at for it being too high (bumper to ground, mn is 28inchs) lack of fender flares, expired tabs, unreadable plates, lack of amber colared turn signals and lack of bumpers.