What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Today, did some more investigations into my P1110 code issue.

Washed it. Got all of the moss, algae, growing plants, and pounds of pine needles off of it. Sure is a pretty paperweight!

Your car sounds just like mine (I still haven't washed it this year) Washington sure is a great place for cars!

went to pickapart and grabbed the shift quadrant out of the QX4 pulled the console and removed the stock shifter and cut off the mounting studs drilled the mounting holes and mounted the new shifter. Replaced the console and finished the install.

For some reason I;m having probs loading pics here so theyre at photobucket

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc362/dosvagabonds/QX4%20console/

Replaced my UCA anchor bolts and alignment spacers that had shaken loose on my last wheeling trip. Even if you check everything before a trip, you can still have random crap go bad. I'm just lucky they didn't let go.

got the Taurus fan installed!!!! yeah me!!!! :aok: Received my new headlight harness....hooked it up and the high beams dont come on....just low beams... :shrug: ...hmmmmm, now time to figure that one out

Edited by Meandmy92Pathy

got the Taurus fan installed!!!! yeah me!!!! :aok: Received my new headlight harness....hooked it up and the high beams dont come on....just low beams... :shrug: ...hmmmmmnow time to figure that one out

I've had a headlight harness sitting behind the seat for over a year! I'm planning to install a relay box to hook it to because I don't want too much stuff connected to my battery post, already have the winch. one day I'll get to it.

James

Tried to change a tie rod end.

Didn't work out for me.

With my genius self, I concluded that I should buy an entire tie rod assembly. Trying to unbolt one tie rod end from a very old adjustment sleeve wouldn't work.

Any tips with this one?

replaced rear shocks that looked like they may have been original equipment (stamped 'nippon' on side). tried to get front shocks done but had trouble loosening lower bolt. sprayed them with deep creep and try again another day

Tried to change a tie rod end.

Didn't work out for me.

With my genius self, I concluded that I should buy an entire tie rod assembly. Trying to unbolt one tie rod end from a very old adjustment sleeve wouldn't work.

Any tips with this one?

Loosen the jam-nut, this an inner or outer? Could be left hand thread

Pulled the flares and got 1 rocker worth of bodywork at the point I just need to paint.

359f8a68.jpg

1f4a7221.jpg

Still got work to do to the drivers side (and yes they will be pink again)

also installed a new pair of acquired sunglasses :lol:

67afcd21.jpg

Today my new (used) ECU finally showed up so I swapped it in. No codes, no hesitation, and the the VG34i finally hauls azz again. :) I also noticed that the trans shifts differently now than with the original ECU. It would seem that the ECU has more to do with when the TCU wants to shift the trans than I was lead to believe. I punched it at 60mph this evening and it dropped to 2nd gear and spun to almost 6k rpm before upshifting back to 3rd. It had never revved past 5500rpm while in Drive the whole time I've owned the truck until tonight.

I also swapped back to my 'street' 33s. Now I gotta figure out where I'm going to store $1k worth of Swampers when they aren't being held down by a Pathfinder....

Today my new (used) ECU finally showed up so I swapped it in. No codes, no hesitation, and the the VG34i finally hauls azz again. :) I also noticed that the trans shifts differently now than with the original ECU. It would seem that the ECU has more to do with when the TCU wants to shift the trans than I was lead to believe. I punched it at 60mph this evening and it dropped to 2nd gear and spun to almost 6k rpm before upshifting back to 3rd. It had never revved past 5500rpm while in Drive the whole time I've owned the truck until tonight.

I also swapped back to my 'street' 33s. Now I gotta figure out where I'm going to store $1k worth of Swampers when they aren't being held down by a Pathfinder....

Holy crap that VG34 has some power! The only thing I ever saw loose traction at 60 mph was my Dad's dodge cummins with a banks power pack on it. You gonna need a new trans soon!

Now your making me want to leave the throttle body on mine. What kind of fuel mileage has that VG34 been getting?

James

Replaced my 9 year old optima red top with a new optima yellow top.

seems I was using the wrong battery in my truck, since it runs Hid lights and a winch.

I probably would have bought another red top except that the yellow top was the same price as the red top at autozone.

Next will be to get it smogged on Saturday morning. I hope it passes.

Wish me luck

Replaced the dead rear defroster main light bulb. Only took me half an hour; those switches are easier to reassemble than I remember, because I was doing it completely wrong the last time I opened them. Only problems are I didn't move the blue condom light filter to the new bulb so it looks off-color and brighter, and the spring now has resistance and makes noise (maybe I should have regreased it while it was open).

Edited by Towncivilian