What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I got a ASCO intake spacer that will go in with my MPFI swap. They sent me a COOL NISSAN shot glass and it makes the spacer look like a shot glass holder.

And I replaced my stock mid pipe with 2.25.

th_0215121351.jpg th_0222122027.jpg

that shot glass is SWEET!

I'm new to this site, so if cross linking is a no-no, please delete that.

nope, your good :aok:

Uhm. What? You not being there, why would you say that? Don't believe I can get my Pathy to 6k? Fine, ill tape it sometime. Don't believe the exhaust has a new leak somewhere? Fine, ill record the sound. I don't understand why you call bull @!*%. I've had my Pathfinders over 6k before. Big whoop.

Today I contemplated getting the chemics to put in for my injectors. Then after deciding against. I put $28 in gas in it.

I believe both things individually. But I do not believe that and N/A 3.0 could blow a seam on any muffler at any RPM. I take my engine up to 6k on a daily basis and I still have all my seams...

More likely your @!*% rusted out and you didn't notice the change in sound until you got on it.

I also decided to check what the passenger side exhaust manifold looked like, there's been a very loud leak there since I got the truck. So I get the heat shield off, breaking 2 of the bolt heads in the process, and out dropped half of the top rear manifold stud. Hopefully that was rattling around making most of the noise I was hearing. Off to do some searching!

I was going to start pulling the trans to change the pilot bearing but it started raining and wouldn't stop. She is sitting in around 3" of water on my slab in the back yard. Worst flood we had in 20 years. The town of Carencro is flooded bad, I think everyone got water in there house. They even had to close Interstate 10 for a while.

James

I was going to start pulling the trans to change the pilot bearing but it started raining and wouldn't stop. She is sitting in around 3" of water on my slab in the back yard. Worst flood we had in 20 years. The town of Carencro is flooded bad, I think everyone got water in there house. They even had to close Interstate 10 for a while.

James

Just saw that on the news.....hope ya'll don't float away down there....we only got 4-6 inches here in Bossier....the weather man just said 15-18 inches down there with you.....keep the pirogue handy my friend!!!

New power steering line. Checked/topped off the tire preasure. Did some cleanup work to get the console ready for painting. Think I found room for the supercharger.

Just saw that on the news.....hope ya'll don't float away down there....we only got 4-6 inches here in Bossier....the weather man just said 15-18 inches down there with you.....keep the pirogue handy my friend!!!

I'm good, some of my friends got water in their house but not me. My house looked like an island but none inside. The water has gone down now I have grass again!

James

I believe both things individually. But I do not believe that and N/A 3.0 could blow a seam on any muffler at any RPM. I take my engine up to 6k on a daily basis and I still have all my seams...

More likely your @!*% rusted out and you didn't notice the change in sound until you got on it.

David had no objection... plus the sound didnt come until AFTER i hit the 6k mark, when i got home i noticed it sitting in the driveway. it may have been weaked by the rust yes. but the 6k rev helped it break loose most likely. :)

last night i enjoyed the BIG amount of power the 3.0 puts out... *insert sarcasm* anyway, i followed an 06ish mazda rx8(i presume) up a 55mph to mt st helens at 65 mph. :D sometimes reaching 70mph. that was fun. trying to keep up with that little bastard. lol! but i did! time for vg33et though... -_-

Changed my spark plugs, PCV valve, and did an oil change today.

So that #6 spark plug? Took me about a minute to get it out. I could see how it could be hard to do, but I just used the shorter of the two spark plug thingys that Nissan provides. The trick is to look through the holes in the intake plenum to see where the plug is.

I had some time, so I put the first two spark plugs in at my girlfriend's house. The guy at AAP told me they were pre-gapped. I doubted this, but didn't know much better. I drove it for about 8 miles like that. I go back home and use my gapper and the new plugs were only gapped at .020 inches. It was still running but missing like crazy.

2012-03-14184021.jpg

2012-03-14184037.jpg

2012-03-14184104.jpg

So I guess they were a bit overdue.

Anyone have any ideas on how old these plugs are? I think I heard somewhere that Nissan used Bosch plugs at the factory? So I don't think these plugs could be much more than 50-60k old.

OH yeah, if you notice in the first picture, one of the plugs actually has its washer seized to the plug body. There were actually two like that.

I noticed the truck felt a bit sluggish today going home. I think it was a psychological thing, but I wanted to double check my spark plugs.

One of them was .042, one was .040, one was .038, and the rest were in the .032-.035 range. I re-gapped them just to be as precise as I could.

Would these minute differences in the gaps make any real difference?

I put all the spark plugs back in, and there is a kind of "puff puff" to it now. It sounds like it is in the exhaust only.

It seems like some members on here have a genuine issue with the #6 plug. I made a little video of me getting it out in about 1 minute. Would anyone be interested in me posting it as a how-to?

Put two gallons of race fuel in the tank and filled the rest up with standard pump gas... the Pathy has power all of a sudden hahaha...

oh @!*%!! that's awesome. That stuff is like $6 a gallon, right?

Anyway, here's my video. My explaining how to do, removing the spark plug, and installing it, all in under 6 minutes.

Edited by 1994SEV6

Yesterday thinking it was spring, I pulled out the sand bags from the back that I use for winter ballast.

Today it's snowing....I put them back in. :laugh:

• Like 1

Scored this bumper off an '87 in the junkyard for $35! It's got 5 tabs on top for lights and looks perfect for a hidden winch. :D

0316121238.jpg

And then went to another junkyard and saw these on an '88. Look Bushwacker-ish and if they are I'll go snag them. Definitely not factory flares.

0316121325a.jpg

Bought a set of JVC 6.5" component speakers to replace my blown 5x7 oem door speakers. Managed to install passenger side trouble free today. Tomorrow it will be driver's side. Then I'll be working on blowing out the rear speakers. :fireworx: