What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Hadn't done anything in a couple weeks due to getting sick and just generally being lazy.

Anyway spent a few hours on it today. Timing belt installed, covers on, power steering belt on, changed oil, pulleys, drive belt, new fan clutch, fan, new hoses, and new spark plugs in.

Tomorrow morning have to go and pick up a new fan shroud, then it's install the radiator, fill it up with fluid, and hope I didn't fskc anything up :)

New valve cover gaskets and thermostat...

Intake is back on, everything else is almost back together...

Need to do a timing belt, and probably replace cam seals... but it is leaking oil from everywhere... MAy just yank the motor and run through it while it is out of the vehicle...

Still thinking that it may be beneficial to swap in a 4.3...

I have done similar swaps before on other rigs... Did a 4.3 swap on a Toyota and it was quite easy. The hardest part was getting the motor mounts done by myself...

As for electronics, retaining the speedometer would be the toughest part...

The reason I say that is because if one were to swap in a GM 4.3 and NOT adapt to the Nissan transmission, then you would in theory be replacing trans, tcase and motor at one time... which is easily done and alleviates the majority of the problems that you would encounter.

On the Toy, that is exactly what we did. I have pictures somewhere...

If you wanted to retain all the other factory options inside the cab, simply supplying voltage is all that is needed...

Only thing that is needed.... Time and patience...

Finished installing my blue tooth mic and new front door speakers now I can talk hands free lol. Now it's time for another project junk yard maybe Tuesday for some rear springs.

I washed mine today! She hasn't moved in almost a month because the pilot bearing is squealing really bad. I was going to drive it last week anyway but all the brake fluid leaked out of the master cylinder. I knew it had a leak but didn't think it leaked while sitting. I ordered a new pilot and throw out bearing and some sway-a-ways. No sense putting the old torsion bars back on. Also ordered a master cylinder for rear disk and some rear caliper rebuild kits and I will pull the rear disk off my parts truck and put them on my 87. I got a lot of work to do, lucky for me winter is gone!

James

Finished installing my blue tooth mic and new front door speakers now I can talk hands free lol. Now it's time for another project junk yard maybe Tuesday for some rear springs.

Hey, what did you use for speakers? Make / Model / size?

Mine just blew and I don't want to pull the door apart and THEN go shopping. I'd rather have then on hand and do a quick install. Thanks!

New fuel filter, and finally got all the vacuum lines replaced and hooked back up...

Tomorrow I hope to start it... and if all is well...drive it...

How hard is it to replace the cam seals? I am thinking that I am going to have to do cam seals, rear main, front main, oil pan, hell...just pull it and rebuild it... geesh. This is really frustrating...

Hey, what did you use for speakers? Make / Model / size?

Mine just blew and I don't want to pull the door apart and THEN go shopping. I'd rather have then on hand and do a quick install. Thanks!

I I bought a pioneer deck and it came with 6.5 speakers i had to drill some holes but it works . Nothing special just some upgraded speakers

Got it to fire up! It's louder than sheit off of open headers. :D Having a fuel pump malfunction, it'll prime for a second but won't stay running. If I manually prime it by repeatedly plugging and unplugging the CAS the engine will run for longer until all of the primed fuel is burned up. Interesting...

Finally got the Front diff in tonight! WOW, that thing is HEAVY LOL. Probably went about it the hard way :shrug: , but the bottom line is...it's IN! Tuesday (my next day off) I'll start double checking and tightening all the bolts and begin to get the CV axles back in :) With any luck, I can roll it out of the shop by next weekend and give it a short drive up the street and back :jig:

Put the dist cap, wires and the intake pipe thing back on, added coolant and grimaced...

It started... woohoo...

Then discovered that the plastic adapter plate for the air filter was literally falling apart...

Great.

Time to make one out of steel...

And I am still leaking oil like crazy... valve covers are clean and clear, no oil coming from them. It appears that it is coming from the front left of the motor, initially thought cam seal...

I dunno. I am at a loss... at least it is running again....

Edited by tmoore4512

carried back the incorrect JGC springs (they were in the floorboard and I grabbed them and ran.....of course it was too good to be true and they were not the right ones) :thumbsdown: and found another yard with the right springs......2 hours later.....we were leaving and I was beat. Got home and got them installed and they give me 3 full inches!!!!! :tongue: Yea me!!!! Also got the tension rod installed on the left front lower control arm. Torsion bars are gonna have to wait till tomorrow to get cranked.....will edit tomorrow with pics.......now to get her back on the road following the roll over :angry: , I still need to have a windshield installed, and she should be back in business.

not today, but in the last week, I put in the Optima Yellow Top, replaced the right rear seat belt, trimmed the front fenders in preparation for the 33s...my son is excited as he will get my 31s for his Heep.

I think that is all for now!!! Tired, bath and bedtime!!!

I replaced my driver's side front brake pads, rotors, and regreased the outer and inner wheel bearings. I only did the driver's side because my buddy and I had to run a bunch of damned errands and get some extra things we were missing (grease, sil-glyde, ... some other crap I forgot), so we ended up starting at like 2PM. We ran into a stuck caliper bracket bolt which was removed with a cheater bar extension, then had trouble removing the inner bearing grease seal so we had to run out to some shop to have them spend 2 minutes to pull the damn seal for us, then we had difficulty torquing the bolts that secure the hub to the rotor (the rotor kept, well, rotating - we were torquing them with the rotor on the ground; any hints to make this easier?) but eventually got them to 40 ft/lbs each which is within spec... I'm probably missing some intermediate stupidity that caused more delays, but I'm tired as hell. Thankfully nothing seems wrong and my wheel didn't fall off on the way home. We'll do the passenger side on Wednesday and I'm sure it'll go much more smoothly. I'll probably have a shop check the driver's side out just to ensure we didn't miss anything obvious in the morning - you can never be too sure!

Cut and installed trans cooler lines and filled it with coolant and trans fluid.

Started her up for the first time in over a month, which was great to hear.

However she started leaking coolant like a sieve. Traced the problem to the thermostat. Going off this because the fluid was leaking from well above the water pump, and the flow increased as the truck warmed up and stopped (mostly) after it cooled off. I probably screwed up the silicone gasket when I installed it. I've been scared since I installed the water pump that I didn't scrape the old gasket off well enough and nearly @!*% myself when it started leaking.

Anyway I drained the coolant and dug my way to the thermostat, cleaned off the old silicone and redid the seal. I'm letting it sit for 24 hours and I'll try again tomorrow night. Shouldn't take me long to get all the parts on and fill it with coolant.

If I'm honest I'm still scared that I'll get some air trapped in the cooling system. First time doing all this, and enjoying the hell out of it(for the most part anyway :D)

heated the manual trans drain plug for 30 min before it would even attempt to budge, then i managed to strip it using the correct tool and a 34" breaker bar, so i used the wrong tool wedged in the squareish rounded hole with a mallet, and managed to get the plug out. i don't think its ever been out before,(219k miles) the gear oil came out like water. only has a hint of gear oil smell, not like a fresh bottle does. the truck was cold from sitting overnight in below freezing weather too so it shoulda been real thick. not many metal shavings on the plug. i have a good feeling its going to love the MT90 thats going in :) i pulled the shifter out first to make sure i could fill it.. new drain plug is going in too.. lol.. i'm scared to do the xfer case and diffs now..

Replaced drivers door hinges and bushings. Beat, hammered, cut, and finally got lower ball joint off drivers steering knuckle. Already had it all cleaned up and well greased. Installed the knuckle, rotor/hub assembly, tightened the ball joints and attached the tie rod end. Had to dash to the parts store for a bearing lock nut socket (four prong chevy). Got it home and ground down two of the prongs and shaved the remaining two to fit properly. Torqued the nut, slipped on lock ring.....and realized I was missing the darn little bitty screw for it!! :scratchhead: Well, I'll get some tomorrow before work or Thursday morning.