What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Took her out and got a little nature on her..... :aok:

IMAG0206-1.jpg

Remember, I said "a little"

Going looking for more "Nature" tomorrow!!!

Tuck in that wiring, soldier!! :D

Today I charged the battery...

B

• Like 1

Tuck in that wiring, soldier!! :D

Today I charged the battery...

B

Yeah, yeah.....I see it every day and apparently I am too lazy to tuck it in.....oh, and I must say that I really do like those lights.....I have them wired into the markers too....not a bad deal for 15 bucks

Pulled both front door panels and replaced the lock rod retaining clips for the outside locks. It sure is nice to be able to lock and unlock the doors from the outside again. Then I took the dogs out for a run and played in the snow a little!

I counted to 40 and 43 too many times...which means I finally checked out the t-belt on my 91, and the good news is...I was off by one tooth between the crank and the LH Cam mark.

Reinstalled belt and tensioner and corrected install.

She started right up (no more stumbling) but seems to be idling high....but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

an X? nice! you trailer.... :/

lol jk!

friday night i went to leave my friends house and discovered my starter had fully taken a SHEIT... :(

yesterday after cussing out my step dad and him ripping the car dolly (that was meant to tow cars the size of a toyota celica!) out from under the pathy, i had my dad come down and we towed it with my tow strap the 15miles home.... the car dolly's pivot system the front wheels ride on was twisting forward towards the rear of my step dads truck! and he wouldnt listen to me when i said my truck weights 3800 lbs not 2000 like a car! he tried to tell me the cadillac they towed with it weighed the same amount! (wtf?) so after the third time of moving it a foot to unblock the wheel, and it wanting to come forward off of the platform on the dolly, i was screaming and yell to take it the *&^! off the trailer! cuz obviously he doesnt care about anyone elses sheit.... LOL. i was shaking i was so pissed.... the 2006 Jeep LIberty 3.7L pulled pathy home just fine. :happy: its at home all happy and will stay there for atleast a week. :lol: sorry for the rant/book. :D

Last night i took a turn too sharp and ended up in a deep culvert at the end of my road so, today I went to the U-Pull It and snatched a LCA to replace mine that got fskced when the asphalt met with it. Also, went by the local Goodyear tire center to replace the one that was gashed from metal scrap that was buried in said culvert.

$18 LCA + $200 31" Duratrac = FML!

2 Land Rover Defender's... don't you have them there? :mellow:

I thought they were a Land Rover, but wasnt positive. We have them, but they are not very common. At least not where I live. The Range Rover is more common from what I have seen, but its more of a grocery getter SUV where I am at. That 4 door just looks awesome to me!

Oh, and I cranked the torsions to level the front. Man, I miss the 2WD Hardbody torsions. Those were so much easier to deal with!

Edited by Trogdor636

Being from England originally I'm very familiar with the Land Rover. Would like to own an older model, maybe late 1970's. As you say though, most Rovers are soccer mom cars here in Southern California too.

Back to subject... Painted my stock rims black

photo.jpg

Last night i took a turn too sharp and ended up in a deep culvert at the end of my road so, today I went to the U-Pull It and snatched a LCA to replace mine that got fskced when the asphalt met with it. Also, went by the local Goodyear tire center to replace the one that was gashed from metal scrap that was buried in said culvert.

$18 LCA + $200 31" Duratrac = FML!

Oh sheit!!!

Lied. GPA gave me starter money today.

So today I:

Removed installed the starter (pita) I had to remove my oil filter and slide it up through the side of the engine.... While I had that off I went ahead and drained my fuel stinky oil... (Need a new injector...)

Today I made a simulated engine bay, it keeps my firewall opening in the right place in relation to the rest of the "engine" and allows me to move the entire project without taking it apart and moving it in pieces. Then I worked on the the project itself...

SimulatedEngineBay.jpg

Lied. GPA gave me starter money today.

So today I:

Removed installed the starter (pita) I had to remove my oil filter and slide it up through the side of the engine.... While I had that off I went ahead and drained my fuel stinky oil... (Need a new injector...)

If you didn't have tranny lines in the way you could just slide it forward with a slight twist and it would be out!

Which injector is it? Good luck getting the injector out of the rail without removing the whole rail and replacing your rail seals.

Edited by MY1PATH

If you didn't have tranny lines in the way you could just slide it forward with a slight twist and it would be out!

Which injector is it? Good luck getting the injector out of the rail without removing the whole rail and replacing your rail seals.

Yeah, well, auto trans. :-) which is okay cuz I like it. All is well now. Step dad freaked out again while watching a movie a lil bit ago. I'm done with it. Lol.

Its #2 injector which I discovered I can get to easily. :-) just gotta take the dizzy cap off and its accessible. Then to find the right injector.

Edit: btw, I NEVER would have expected or could have seen me working on cars doing stuff like this! Lol. I did my starter by myself mostly. Just had a friend there to hand me a tool and to talk to. I was and am very proud with myself. And much more pissed off at the pathfinder. Ill show pics tomorrow. But I can say this. Starter sounds healthy and starts better than it has since October when I bought it!

Edited by Kyle94
  • Like 1

Finally got the transmission back in, I had to take off work to have time to do it. I separated the transfer case and trans so I could put it back in without fighting with a jack and found this!

8cd6f043.jpg

It jumps out of third gear every now and then and I was planning to pull the rear case to see if I could find anything obvious. After finding this I said to hell with it and just stuffed it back in. I will run it till it gets worse then find a used one to replace it with.

I give up on standard transmissions! They should last forever as long as I keep them full of oil but every truck I've had with a manual I had to pull it for some reason. From now on I'm only buying autos!

James

Finally got the transmission back in, I had to take off work to have time to do it. I separated the transfer case and trans so I could put it back in without fighting with a jack and found this!

Ouch! It dosen't appear that there is too much of that gear left. Any idea how much of it you removed?

tightened valve cover screws without removing upper plenum. only one screw I couldn't reach. changed ps fluid using the turkey baster method. cleaned engine

• Like 1

8cd6f043.jpg

It jumps out of third gear every now and then and I was planning to pull the rear case to see if I could find anything obvious. After finding this I said to hell with it and just stuffed it back in. I will run it till it gets worse then find a used one to replace it with.

I give up on standard transmissions! They should last forever as long as I keep them full of oil but every truck I've had with a manual I had to pull it for some reason. From now on I'm only buying autos!

James

Odd, I've never had an issue with manual trannys other than clutch stuff and changing syncro's once. :shrug:

B

And much more pissed off at the pathfinder. Ill show pics tomorrow. But I can say this. Starter sounds healthy and starts better than it has since October when I bought it!

Don't be mad at it. Its one thing to change a starter within a year or two after buying new, but who knows how old that starter is. I fully expect the starter and alternator to go out within a year of buying a used car (especially a 18 year old car) because that's just how my luck goes.

Want to talk about mad, when I replaced the starter on my 87 Hardbody way back it lasted 3 days !! second one lasted 1 week !! both local rebuilt units, 3rd one, made by Beck Arnley was in the truck years later when i traded it in.