What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Ran a wire straight off the battery to the radio deck, spliced it into the 12 volt memory wire since there was no power running through it due to me accidentally cutting a couple wire bundles that I mentioned earlier. Now my radio and dash clock work again. It is great to have music again.

Welded some steel to repair the frame rot preventing me from passing inspection. Had to cut away some of the rear wheel well sheet metal to get access. Fashioned a new exhaust hanger and bolted/welded it onto the new frame piece.

Apparently I missed a few spots. BIG spots that are on the interior side of the frame. Picked up some plate steel from a local welder and cancelled my other weekend plans.

Thought my alternator was shot. Dead optima yellow top and the multimeter readings were all over the place then realised the power wire nut on the alternator was loose. 10 mins of head scratching and it ended up being simple and free.... and my yellowtop is still happy after a full discharge ....gotta love when things work out.

Edited by Nefarious

Lost my drop receiver hitch and ball on a main road, took about 4 minutes to turn around and go back to get it, but some other jackwagon got to it before I did. Nobody has integrity anymore.

filled the tank, thinkin the drivers front wheel bearings are finished (feels like tire rubbing at low speed up to 15 or so, then goes away, i have no tire rubbing...)

rolled over 183000mi yesterday..

Thats great! I've got 140,000miles.Question? Have you replaced timing belt yet? I have'nt yet am worried about it.

Apparently I missed a few spots. BIG spots that are on the interior side of the frame. Picked up some plate steel from a local welder and cancelled my other weekend plans.

I have the same problem.Question? What thickness plate steel did you use?thanks.

Fixed the leak in the gas tank. It was on the bottom, passenger side, from one of the 6 spot welds. I guess there is something welded inside of the tank, like some anti-frothing baffle and it is starting to break free.

Now I need a beverage.....

my 1995 pathy has same problem at same location.Question? how did you fix it.

I crawled under front end and noticed there is no steering damper,nor is the mounting bracket in place.The stabilizer bar has mount welded on.I was at a junk yard and noticed on a 1992 pathfinder that it also was missing steering damper.My question is, Is this common?Is it a stock part or do you have to install one? And is it a nessasary component.

Lost my drop receiver hitch and ball on a main road, took about 4 minutes to turn around and go back to get it, but some other jackwagon got to it before I did. Nobody has integrity anymore.

I watch for roadside/junk yard treasures regularry. You can't imagine the tools I find on the side of the highway when hooking up a car (actually recently found a sweet snap on screwdriver with a broken tip, lifetime guarantee wins again!) If I SEE the loss of said treasure though I will try to alert the 'victim'. Had some cool BS sessions at the pick a part with people over a "hey buddy, you might need that ratchet"

my 1995 pathy has same problem at same location.Question? how did you fix it.

Used a gas tank repair putty. Just kneaded it up for a while and stuck it on like chewing gum onto the bottom of the tank. A year and a half it is still holding up perfectly! No leaky tank!

Yep, when I was on night shift I would ride around at a snails pace and find all kinds of things. The majority of my elastic rubber tie cords and straps are off of a main road....

I was once into reloading ammo, and would keep a 5 gallon bucket in my back seat. I filled it in about a weeks time with wheel weights... reloaded a TON of plinking ammo with it...

What bothers me is whoever got it had to have known it was mine... and I guess the 65 bucks I had in it doesn't help. Dang 8 inch drop hitch with stainless ball!!! GRRR

Pulled the radiator to gain more access to the P/S pump. Got it off within minutes of doing so. Now I've got to take the spent pump to the "big box store" to get my core charge-less new pump. Yay!

Knocked the icicles off my front bumper...

hey nunya today i started working on frame rust on the rear end of my 95 pathy grinding frame rails to clean them up for welding steel plates to them.

Took it for a break in drive up to Carson to help my buddy finish his Blaster project so he has money to finish his 240. Between the drive there and back plus the 4 or 5 trips to NAPA it was about 150 miles. I can't wait to get exhaust on it... I should have recorded a video of what it sounds like being wrung out a little in the hills and twisties. My ears are still ringing :lol:

Yep. At pretty much tip in/cruising/no loud when the pressure is equalized it sounds soooooooo good. Damn thing sings me one sweet tune. Then a slight hill and it's ear piercing obnoxious.

My phone doesn't take video, I've been meaning to get one with a friends but keep spacing it.

well not on the pathy, but i tore down the front of my 1990 300zx in preparation for doing the 120k service. timing belt, idlers, tensioner, cam seals, etc... ahhh what a fun car to work on, lol. got it all torn down except for the crank pulley now. one more day and i should be done....

Garret made me a badass plenum cover from his M30 and brought it down today. Tried to put it on but spaced that the back needs about 1/2" taken off to clear the firewall. Dang!

0610121844.jpg

0609121409.jpg

Replaced the expansion valve & receiver/drier. Repaired the control unit in the dash. Took it to an AC shop to get the system flushed/vacuumed/charged....just to find out the compressor is dead. I had another one in the shop, but it's locked up solid :angry: