What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Had my right-front wheel come off going down the road yesterday...Thankfully I wasn't going fast (yeah, seems suspicious). Ground down the stud on the LBJ, but no other apparent damage. Had a buddy give me a ride to the parts place and bough a pack of splined lug nuts. After replacing all the lug nuts on the front, and triple checking the rear, I wired in a new, blue, LED strip across center strip on the headliner as an alternate dome light.

I ripped a horrible interlock security device out, you know, the one with the little chip your supposed to remove when you leave the truck so no one can start it... well a whole rats nest in wires later, I found out why my cruise control didn't work, seems whoever put in the device, used wires from the cruse cable from the steering column to make a few random connections.... a little solder, a little shrink tube, and an hour later, my cruise works for the first time! oh, and there was almost 25ft of wire just twisted around itself... i was impressed!

Installed a Stainless Steel Gibson cat-back (and new magnaflow direct fit cat). The old muffler practically fell apart when I removed it.

Sounds awesome and I can feel a tad more power, plus there are no rattles when I drive around now.

IMG-20120729-00180.jpg

IMG-20120729-00182.jpg

IMG-20120729-00179.jpg

I picked up a set of these.

100eb302.jpg

$72 at the pick a part for all 4! Looks to have at least 80% tread left.

d63c40a1.jpg

Cleaned them up and checked them out. No leaks, plugs, or patches. Should make a good set of summer tires once I find another set of legos. Anyone running these can shed a little light on what they think of them?

James

Installed Transmission coller. And also Installed new tension rod bushings! What a diference they make. Now it drives like a normal vehical! Next project is I noticed while I was under the truck, One of the Stabilizer bar bushings was missing. I'll replace them with poly one when I get a chance.

drained and refilled the rear diff. I didnt get any maint records when i bought it but PO must have taken care of this truck because both the trans oil and diff oil came out honey colored and minimal sludge stuck to the magnets

I bought a set of 4 15x10 sawblade wheels with 3.75 backspacing with some 33x12.50 dayton timberline a/t's with about 50-60% tread for $250. Trimmed up the front fenders a bit with a friend and mounted the wheels and this is without a lift and they fit great. Tomorrow I will be buying a 3 inch body lift.

Newtires001.jpg

Newtires002.jpg

Newtires003.jpg

Newtires004.jpg

Newtires005.jpg

Edited by Scott.T

Looked at the auto transmission sitting on the floor I was planning on installing in my 95, then looked out at OlBlue (91-MT) with the rotted frame.

Gave some thought to pulling the (fresh) engine and trans as a unit from Ol Blue and installing in my 95, converting my 95 from auto to manual and not completely saying good bye to OlBlue.

Made a list of things to consider between a straight auto trans removal install vs diff ratios,, wrestling with front diff, and having to search for that thread about converting an AT to MT, time I have available etc.

Decided to go fishing and think it over, ended up thinking about fish...

Walked passed it where it's been sitting for the last 4 months and cursed out loud because I'm still waiting for the pipes to complete the exhaust! Hunting season is right around the corner and I’m without a hunting truck!

James

Finally found an OBD II GM 350 complete with harness and computer, no leaks... 207K miles... Going to assist in pulling it weekend after next...

This mated with the TH350/NP205 along with the 68 inch wide full size axles will make the old slow import into a full width BEAST. (I hope!)

Needless to say, I am kind of excited. Been a long time waiting to score the necessary parts.

• Like 2

Finally found an OBD II GM 350 complete with harness and computer, no leaks... 207K miles... Going to assist in pulling it weekend after next...

This mated with the TH350/NP205 along with the 68 inch wide full size axles will make the old slow import into a full width BEAST. (I hope!)

Needless to say, I am kind of excited. Been a long time waiting to score the necessary parts.

Vortec 350 huh. Maybe I'll have to put some TPI heads on mine to keep up.

In other news I didnt do anything to it lately but Kyles been bugging me so I thought I'd share what I've been doing.

Torn between finding black carpet or bedlining the inside (think black/dark grey instead of the darkgrey/light grey it is now). Plus I'm not sure if I should get a second bucket for the front only or if I should have rear ones as well. But for that I may have to cut the cage to install it.

I want diffrent tires, the claws have been a let down big time compaired to past M/T's I've had.

Plus the time to acutally finish it wouldnt hurt since I start school monday.

I installed the 3 inch body lift. Now trying to figure out what I need to do to mount the front bumper. The right front blinker went out so I went to replace the bulb and it was corroded and would not come out of the socket, I ended up breaking it. I looked around at the local junk yards and on craigslist for another with no luck. I finall got one from an older toyota t100 truck and made it work.

Installed an exploader tranny cooler in place of the aftermarket one that was on the 88, then took it down to get it smogged, I was a little worried with the new regs Ca. has put,out, but she passed with flying colors.

Tomorrow I'm replacing the taurus fan with a dual maxima, it's,a little heavier but I think it will be worth it