What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Also changed my oil, hadn't been paying attention I had almost 6K since last oil change. At least I know it doesn't burn any oil it was still full on the stick.

I think the "severe service" maintenance schedule recommends 6k oil change intervals (or 3 months, whichever comes first). So it's probably not so bad :) Oh wait, it's 6k KM. Slight difference :)

My fuel leak was the return line at the tank. The PO had replaced the line with a piece of 3/8 fuel line and just cranked the clamps down. I replaced it with a piece of 5/16 line and put two clamps on each side. The line was around a foot long and goes from the sending unit to a pipe at the frame.

I went to my hunting camp yesterday and did some light wheelin. It's pretty dry out there so not too many mud holes. I locked the hubs when I got there and rolled up to 45 mph in 2wd with no vibrations. No binding up in tight spots on the trails, so far they work just as good as the factory axles. Time will tell how they hold up but all good for now.

James

Drain & Fill on the automagic. Had to re-evaluate my philosophy of "buying local" when my neighbourhood punter wanted 14 bucks a litre for tranny fluid :wtf: , so I went to Wally-world. There, I got 5 litres of Valvoline Maxlife ATF for 21 dollars.

Repositioned the Magnefine in-line transmission filter to have less of an acute angle for the cooler hoses, and easier to access for future changing. I still think I'm overfilled though, the transmission dipstick is impossible to read sometimes. Why is it curved? :scratchhead:

Well, not today but the last month I have been a little busy :-)

Installed 4" SFD (krfab kit + brake lines (f&r) + WJ springs + rear shocks + panhard drop)

Replaced both side TREs

Replaced both strut mounts & bearings

Replaced struts boots

Lubbed CV,s and changed al 4 cv boots.

Replaced Brake Fluid

Replaced Clutch Fluid

Installed K&N FIPK

Hardwired GPS

Hardwired VHF Handy

Hardwired and installed a TPMS.. It's pending to install tire valves while I decide if I change tires or not.

Changed HVAC and glove compartment bulbs

....and that's all folks !! :aok:

Replaced the front driver side combination lamp housing, changed engine air filter (old one was ok, but Wix has double the pleats, more filtering is always better), installed a missing screw holding in the A/T charging pipe, and replaced the blank clutch faceplate with one that doesn't have a hole in it, since I'm not using it for routing wiring at the moment.

Noticed the fuel economy was getting a little bit worse lately, so adjusted the A/C belt, and checked a plug's gap. It came in @ 0.039

Looks like I'll be pulling and gapping all the plugs next day off.

May as well replace them if you're pulling them.

Yeah, but they're one year old NGKs & they've only got 25,000 km on 'em. Trying to save some $$$ & they don't really NEED replacing. So I'll just clean them up and they'll be as good as new. :itsallgood:

Took a second to see it, but yeah, looks like it hit something pretty hard. :thumbsdown:

I cursed mine. The other day I removed the door lock timer and resoldered the relay contacts (so it'd quit randomly locking itself). Today I got out, shut the door, and it locked itself. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :deadhorse:

Edited by Slartibartfast

We got lucky today and picked up a grill and headlights and a right front marker light off of a truck. Lights are installed, painting the grill and installing it tomorrow, oh its going in the 88, also installing tweeters in the A posts pics when installed

cleaned MAF

cleaned TB

flushed brake fluid with Napa DOT3

new fuel filter

need to do list.

-y-pipe fabricated

-rear struts

-rear bushings

-REAR FRAME....

-passanger front tension rod

-rear disk conversion

long term, if it last.

Turbo

I took her hunting, actually she took me hunting. It's so dry out here that there is 6" of powder dust on almost all the trails. Still have a few mud holes though. I have to use 4 wheel drive just to keep it going straight through the dust.

Here's a shot of my dependable little pathy waiting to take me back to the camp with a good inch of dust on her.

c0a2e87e.jpg

This is what it looked like from inside after turning on the wiper.

4326da40.jpg

I'm sure glad I'm not on my 4 wheeler now!

James

P/O changed the timing belt and water pump 27k miles ago but 6 years ago, everything looked great but i still wanted the comfort of it not breaking since it was 6 years ago but it went pretty smooth but i did take my sweet time 9am-230pm. not sure if its related to the timing belt change but i does seem like it takes 2-3 seconds to turn over now. but anyways

i changed the tb,wp,t-stat,upper and lower rad. hoses,

I pulled up my front carpet to finally figure out why my floor mats are always wet....an ocean of water!!!! All dried out now, I think it's due to my leaky windshield or somehow through the wheel wells??? In any event, I'm dealing both.....sealing up the trim at the top of my windshield. Also, planning to spray seal up my wheel wells. Also took a heavy duty wire brush/grinder to the underneath, Knocked off a lot of RUST! and sprayed with Rust Killer and some undercoat.

Edited by OfftourRoadie96