What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Today all the IFS and front diff fell out and the dana 44 went in. Still need break lines hooked up, to make a drive line and change the pitman arm but im done for the day arms feel like i lifted weights for 7 hours straight.

Alignment: moved one 0.75 mm shim from the left rear spindle bolt to the left front spindle bolt. Can't really tell if it helped yet.

Also put $50 of gas in... I got 13 mpg since my last fill up. But that was driving in the mountains including a bit of 4-lo with 5 guys, back full of gear and skis on the roof... not sure if that still counts as terrible mileage.

Edited by sewebster

Alignment: moved one 0.75 mm shim from the left rear spindle bolt to the left front spindle bolt. Can't really tell if it helped yet.

Also put $50 of gas in... I got 13 mpg since my last fill up. But that was driving in the mountains including a bit of 4-lo with 5 guys, back full of gear and skis on the roof... not sure if that still counts as terrible mileage.

I have never filled the tank in mine 2 times in a row to be able to calculate the MPG !!!

Today I finished my low buck rear cargo cover, I bought 2 wooden broom type handles with the wooden thread on one end, than cut them to fit the width of the cargo area, drilled a hole on each side and threaded the one end in the hole, the other end of the wooden handle was bigger than the drill bit I used (unibit) so I made it smaller using my Dremel, than just popped the other end into the other hole, for a cover right now I am using a black curtain, slipped the one end over the broom handle and the back side for now is just draped over the other wooden rod. I just wanted something to hide my amp and sub. I originally used sch 40 pvc but I guess the heat got to it as both pipes bowed.

....no high lift...no full size spare...coworkers saab jack and 4 way...did have 4 of my "drive to moab tires in the back" so both rears swapped in the starbucks parking lot in 30 mins...i was doing 75 and heard lugs flying off and next thing i know POOF smoke and a flat...limped 1/2 mile doing about 55 to get off the highway stopped and saw she had a big ole hole in it and drove about 1/8th a mile to the starbucks so we could be on solid ground to use the shaky saab jack... i believe this is from a broken belt received by the razor blade picked up in alabama on my X country drive about 10k miles ago

IMG_20110426_082731.jpg

230768_866122616537_36619102_41906280_6990795_n.jpg

Edited by unccpathfinder

installed one of my missing floor tie downs

779d7818.jpg

just to cover it up with the cargo mat from an Explorer

94558b41.jpg

yes the mat is upside down, wanted the rubber side up

Hmm. Those things are floor tie downs? I think I might have recycled a bunch of those I found in my truck when I bought it. Oops. Need to check my pile of "misc parts I have no idea what they do." I guess the idea is just to secure junk in the cargo area?

drove it like i stole it and had to refill the gas tank.......uuuuuuggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Drove it like you stole it" is the only way to drive this truck and not get run over by other people like me in faster vehicles!

James

Changed the fuel filter, using a NAPA Gold 3023 (Wix rebranded). Old filter was a NAPA Proselect. The damn fuel line hoses were a bitch to get off, they gave my right hand some blisters. I didn't spill nearly as much fuel or take as much time this time around, since I removed the spare tire. It really helped that I'm able to sit underneath the trunk, too. :jig:

I thinki broke somthing. Didnt see the pot hole. went in and out at about 45. bang hit the top of the wheel well..(as per the usual). still think i broke somthing. hit alot harder than i am used to.

Finished putting the engine back together after timing belt/water pump/ oil seals.

Got the clutch and pressure plate installed last week.

just received the parts for my transmission rebuild yesterday

I was going to swap the A/C compressor from my parts truck. I also want to swap the low pressure line because it's made different to go around the MPFI intake tube for when I finally get around to changing the fuel injection. Then I noticed that the compressor sits lower on the MPFI and I will have to change all the brackets too. So I closed both hoods and went sit on my butt in my house.

James