OWL In or Out

dhardison

White: In or Out?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. White: In or Out?

• White Letter In
    • White Letter Out
    • Meh. Either.

I need to go ahead and replace the rear tires on my Pathfinder before bad weather gets here. My truck had LTX MS 31 10.5 15s on it when I bought it and after reading a lot of tire posts in the forum I think they are probably the best choice for the kind of driving that I do. Plus the fronts are almost new so I only have to buy two.

The question is white letters in or out? Now is my chance to change them. I been neutral in my thinking on trucks and outline white letters up to now but there is something about the letters on my Path that just never seemed exactly right. It's like the letters are too big for the diameter of the tire compared to other brands. Here is a pic to let you see what I'm talking about and as always the valued opinions of this form are welcome and appreciated.

path5.jpg

Edited by Pezzy
Added Poll

blackwalls out.

Less hasle cleaning them when they get scuffed.

And the lettering will go chalking looking after salt hits it.

All my cars have black out except my two ford pick up.The dumbsh!ts at wal-mart dont know how to ask if you want the whites in out out.

They tryed that with the camaro and I walked right back in and chewed them out it.

Depends, personal taste of course(Personally have my 31"s mounted out my 32"s mounted blackwall style)... If they all match I generally say rock the white letters. You start to chew one up, turn em around or ride the crap out of em so it looks like 3" wide whitewalls. Or one side mout them out one side blackwalls...can only see one side at a time right?

What're you all so worried about ?? The purty lil white letters will get muddy and dirty ? Awwww... ;):) My vote's white outside and muddy, dirty and scratch the *(&(# out of 'em. It says,"I am a bada**" in a hairy-chested, gravelly-voiced manner.

I think I put too much Jack in my coke...

Edited by GoPathyGo

Depends on what vehicle...my old Explorer looks awesome with the whites out. All the tires I've had on my Pathfinders were/are whites in so I can't say for that. But some rigs do look good in or out.

My personal opinion is on trucks, OWL out, cars, white wall, unless vintage, in. But I am a little old school, even though I am only 26, still like them out. I have had them both ways on my pathy, and I think it looks better out, but your opinion is the only one that matters here anyway!

Edited by 94Pathyman