What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Holy crap that must have been some trail! I have been wheeling on my 2wd setup for years with no issues; although it's typically more logging roads and washout around here, not so much hard core rough terrain. Have you tried the moog problem solver inner tie rods? They are quite a bit thicker than stock, I doubt you could bend one of those. The shaft is around 19 - 20 mm diameter!

The thing is it wasn't that hardcore a trail to be honest. Relatively Shiney most the way with just a few rutty bits but one particular hill climb at the end caused a wheel to come up and down hard so I think that's what did it. I don't think I've heard of the Moog Problem solver Tie Rods. Can you tell me more? This was first trip out with my 2wd conversion so you can imagine I was annoyed :/

Depends. Some are slip off rotors and some aren't like ours. But we have an on the car brake lathe that turns rotors in one pass, sometimes two if the warp is really bad. About 5 mins a corner. Pretty slick little machine. The regular brake lathe is slowwwwww.

My front ones have a big ass ridge on the inside edge. I am going to just run the pads to metal and replace both parts.

I should really repack the bearings and replace the grease seals as well anyways.

Someone broke into it last night :( Stole my parking meter/toll booth change, my pair of subwoofers and amps, my fire extinguisher, my hi-lift, my fog lights, one of my headrests, tried to steal my stereo, and they broke both of my cb radios. With how my luck has been going in life recently, I might as well just give up.

Oh, and they left the door ajar, so the battery died and I missed jury duty and now I've got the US court system all over my ass.....

Someone broke into it last night :( Stole my parking meter/toll booth change, my pair of subwoofers and amps, my fire extinguisher, my hi-lift, my fog lights, one of my headrests, tried to steal my stereo, and they broke both of my cb radios. With how my luck has been going in life recently, I might as well just give up.

Oh, and they left the door ajar, so the battery died and I missed jury duty and now I've got the US court system all over my ass.....

Insead of a like button this needs a "suck" button.

Dude, that sucks!

I started the prep for my body lift today. Looks like I'm going to have to find a way to cut out some of the body mount bolts. Thinking a dremel with a cutoff wheel might work, if not I'll find a way to school on Monday and grab my die grinder. The good news is that all the blind-hole bolts (the middle and rear most) bolts came out. :aok: My 2" kit came packed with 180mm bolts for the blind holes, so I'll have to cut down or replace two of the 10mm x 1 bolts with 150mms. Don't want to punch (more) holes in my floor pan.

Also noticed that my drivers front carpet is soaking wet. Closer investication led to realizing a hole had been cut out of the drivers floor pan, and a section from (I'm guessing here) another pathfinder was SILICONED on in its place. The moisture didn't smell like coolant, so I'm hoping it's just remnants of the rain we had a few days ago. Really need to just rip the carpet out and properly fix the rust issues in the floor pan. Funny how the "new" floor pan is the same body color as the parts pathy that the PO of my truck had...

Edited by Harbinger

Try not to worry about the jury duty thing, they can't ever prove that you recieved the summons, all they can do is threaten you. I've been there, I skipped once and then recieved a letter wagging a shame shame finger at me with a re-scheduled jury duty date..so I went, heh. Never heard a word about it.

The yellow bellied slugs who ripped you off, first thing is I could almost guarantee you it's someone you know, I think it's just part of being a teenager, I'm sure you know and are known by others whom you'd probably otherwise choose not to associate with.

Second thing, you're going to school, you're on the right path, you're going to be a high powered engineer probably writing schematics on a jet engine while those turds who ripped you off are just trying to find a couch to sleep on. Don't give up Bro, keep slugging it out, you'll be alright.

With some bolts on the old truck that I couldn't get to from the side with any tool that I own, I opened up the metal from above and drilled the heads off with 1/4" then1/2".

Thanks man. They took about $1500 worth of my stuff. I found out they took my snowboard boots, my Whistler 860 radar detector, and they even stole the floor mats!!!

I feel for you sir. At least they didn't take the whole thing?

Give it to the Lord to get back at the losers and stay focused on getting your life the way you want it to be. I agree that the setback really sucks the life out of you, and I agree with the previous post, it's someone who has been watching your progress and is jealous of your success. You will find out, in the end you will be a huge step ahead of the scum that broke your truck and hope's. Just remember that karma is a *^itch and she is angry????. ....................? thx karma!

Edited by Nissanland

Did the rear brakes today at the shop. I didn't know the left side caliper slide was rusted solid, so that side had a ton of pad left. Shoulda known something would be effed up since SexJelly worked on it last. The slide pin was bent to hell. Some PB, heat, and an air hammer later the caliper came off the bracket. Cleaned and massaged the pin so it was straight and bored the caliper hole to knock the rest of the rust out. Lubed everything up so it's like new. When I replaced the BMC a few months ago I adjusted the rod so there was no play, but sometimes there would be mush in the pedal. Now that problem is gone.

I finally installed my new seat belts. We finally had a warmish day so I trucked over to Canadian Tire picked up a couple of exhaust bits and then pulled the old belts off.

CO_pathfinder: sorry to hear about your break-in. The last time it happened to me they succeeded in leaving with the whole stereo system, wrecked the front door lock and broke the rear window.... but it was a ****** car with nothing in it of value. What kind of snowboard boots (size?) did you loose? I may have something floating around the shop for you.

Did some more prep for the body lift today. Radiator is out (will be replaced since it was leaking), power steering is disconnected, as are the e-brake and driveshaft saftey hoop. Ran to the hardware store and picked up a new angle grinder (I I can't have too many of these things!) and some cut off wheels. All the body bolts are out, (Had to cut out 4 of the 10), and replaced with the new bolts.

Need to run to the store again tomorrow for some M12 washers, then will unbolt the brake/clutch lines from the frame, and take care of the steering shaft tomorrow before I lift it.

I spent 13 hours this last weekend searching for the short casuing my E-brake light to stay on. Unless its some super diagnostic telling me that my brakes are bad (duh), I don't think that I'll ever find it :(

Hey man, did you solve the brake light? A month or so back both my brake light and ABS light were on. Apparently it was low fluid because topping it off shut them off. And it was only down near the low level line.

Sorry to hear about your truck broken into. I had a Honda Passport before the Pathfinder and it was broken into in my apartment lot in Longmont a couple summers back in broad daylight. It sucks.

Anyway...yesterday I replaced my sway bar links and sway bar bushings. The bushings for the bar itself seemed fine, but the end link bushings were pretty bad. Its nice to be able to feel a noticeable difference in driving after doing some work! Then I got a buddy to knock loose the strut bar bolts with his impact wrench so I can get those bushings done after the snow goes away. And a few days ago I replaced the rear window--the old one had a crappy bubbling tint job and some old sticker residue.

Do any of you have advice for removing the manual transmission drain plug? Mine is very tight and it looks like someone in the past started to round it out a little so I want to be careful not to destroy it and have it stuck forever.

Edited by maaakaaa

I finally installed my new seat belts. We finally had a warmish day so I trucked over to Canadian Tire picked up a couple of exhaust bits and then pulled the old belts off.

CO_pathfinder: sorry to hear about your break-in. The last time it happened to me they succeeded in leaving with the whole stereo system, wrecked the front door lock and broke the rear window.... but it was a ****** car with nothing in it of value. What kind of snowboard boots (size?) did you loose? I may have something floating around the shop for you.

Thanks for the support guys, it really means a lot. \

Warr, I wear size 10's, sometimes 11's

Maaka, the light is still there. Ill check it out tho

Did some more prep for the body lift today. Radiator is out (will be replaced since it was leaking), power steering is disconnected, as are the e-brake and driveshaft saftey hoop. Ran to the hardware store and picked up a new angle grinder (I I can't have too many of these things!) and some cut off wheels. All the body bolts are out, (Had to cut out 4 of the 10), and replaced with the new bolts.

Need to run to the store again tomorrow for some M12 washers, then will unbolt the brake/clutch lines from the frame, and take care of the steering shaft tomorrow before I lift it.

I am currently prepping for a body lift removal. Today I removed front and rear bumpers, the front bumper lift bracket was a pain to get to. Went to the parts store to get shorter bolts for the body. Hoping the rest of this job goes smoothly

Not on the pathy directly, but for the pathy. I re arranged my mess of a shop and built a bunch of shelving and benches out of reclaimed lumber. Got most of my stuff organized now and unburied from the piles it was all in.

Now I have a nice place to weld up a new idler arm bracket (gave the other one I made to my girl for her rig) and build my rear crossmember offset to clear my rear driveshaft. Will post some pics on the progress as I build these next mods..

Topped up coolant and drained and refilled the transmission fluid.

When I checked it from the dipstick it looked quite red still. But when I let it out it was much darker than I expected. Nice fresh red fluid in her belly now :) I love new fluids. Makes me feel good lol.

Today & yesterday:

- replaced the cord that keeps the tire carrier in place when open

27XwD8.jpg

- wired and installed a AT fluid temp meter (sorry, too bright on photo)

EC1e4s.jpg

- illuminated the inclinometer

cS3GEK.jpg

- replaced the dashboard lights with leds (but ABS and OD are being illuminated by too bright red led light near them)

6yiJ2L.jpg

- wired and installed new illuminated 12V outputs and courtesy lights on left & right rear doors

HYKSqp.jpg

- and new 12V outputs on the trunk room too

sxEv4m.jpg

Edited by flnl
  • Like 3

I took it out for a drive...

Parked it on a hill and took some pictures of it, maxed out the 2wd articulation, then splashed through a few puddles..

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/39736-some-2wd-off-road-action-pics-no-lift-stock-suspension-flex-pics/

Edited by RCAR50

- wired and installed new illuminated 12V outputs and courtesy lights on left & right rear doors

HYKSqp.jpg

- and new 12V outputs on the trunk room too

sxEv4m.jpg

I like what you've done here. Did you record the process for a DIY of these installs? I'd love to add a 12V to my trunk and illuminate the rear passenger one. I want my pathfinder to look like a space ship, the more LEDs the better haha