What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Ripped out the entire exhaust system from Kats pathy and installed a new set of obx headers. It is being taken in to the exhaust shop as we speak for a full 2.5 inch exhaust system to be installed including hi flow magnaflow cat and 18 inch oval magnaflow muffler. Should sound pretty awesome when it's all done!

P.s. for anyone wondering. The obx headers DO fit in a truck with no body lift. The front drive shaft has to be Un bolted on the forward end where it joins the front diff. Once the front end is detached it just angles out of the way and there is lots of room to get the drivers side header in. The passenger side just slipped right in. Both headers were put in from the bottom.

Nice I hope to begin my exhaust overhaul soon myself.

I finished my body lift today. Those rear bolts are a pain to align! Liking the extra clearance gained. It was also an excuse to fix that leaking power steering hose. Put in a new radiator along with the lift, so hopefully my coolant leak is also gone.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by RedPath88
Fixed Crappytalks messed up code
  • Like 1

Driving home tonight I got a CEL. Checked it in the tims parking lot and found my o2 is dead...Yay no wonder I've been getting 350k to a tank.

How come we have a "like" button but not a "don't like" one for when bad stuff happens.

Drove to Elbe, bought a discovery pass. Went up to the shooting pit. Shot in my 9 mm, ar15, 30.06, & 715t. I guess I shot around 350 rounds. Had a great time. Then we drove to red lobster for lobster fest. Truck ran great and was fun to finally get it off road.

• Like 2

Took Kats truck up to gosling lake after it came out of the exhaust shop. The truck sounds superb. The vg33e is running like a top and the obx headers / magnaflow cat / magnaflow muffler / 2.25" exhaust had such a nice rumble but no drone whatsoever. Sounds perfect. I'm most definitely getting rid of my Flowmaster for a magnaflow. The set up in her truck sounds perfect!

• Like 1

How come we have a "like" button but not a "don't like" one for when bad stuff happens.

Because disliking something just because you don't like what happened to them would drop their rating. Hover over your member name to see the number surrounded by green. And in past versions of the forum software there was a similar function, but it was abused so heavily by members of countless forums that the developer was asked overwhelmingly by their customers (aka forum operators) to remove it. Not saying that none of the negative clicks were warranted, we even had deserving members, but overall it did not work well.

You can "dislike" what happened to someone, the same way you have been doing it, by posting a comment about it. ;)

Because disliking something just because you don't like what happened to them would drop their rating. Hover over your member name to see the number surrounded by green. And in past versions of the forum software there was a similar function, but it was abused so heavily by members of countless forums that the developer was asked overwhelmingly by their customers (aka forum operators) to remove it. Not saying that none of the negative clicks were warranted, we even had deserving members, but overall it did not work well.

You can "dislike" what happened to someone, the same way you have been doing it, by posting a comment about it. ;)

I was always wondering how Tungsten had such a terrible rating ;)

I didn't seriously mean there should be one, I can see how it could be used in the wrong way. I may dislike things and events but not opinions. As long as opinions aren't stated as facts, I enjoy hearing others thoughts even if I don't agree. I do enjoy the "like this" feature though. It's a good way to tell someone you like there truck or work etc. without all the typing.

Today I pulled 2 jeeps, an FJ cruiser, and a Ford ranger out of various ditches. Its so much fun to drive around and parade as a recovery vehicle... I just wish that I got to keep the hitch mounted winch and light bar that my buddy loans me.....

• Like 1

Charge for recoveries... I used to do it with my yota, $20 per vehicle was my norm. But it was also based on person, attitude and situation. One arrogant full sized chevy owner I charged $80 on my second way by him. First time I drove off after hearing "There is no _______ way that piece of ____ asian wanna be truck, could ever pull a "real" truck out" So I left him in the ditch and drove off. 45 or so minutes later I came back by and guess who was flagging me down :lol: 10 minutes and $80 later he was out. And then several were free, including a lady in a small Toyota or Honda wagon with a new born.

• Like 1

Oh and $20 became my normal charge only after it became apparent that people were more than willing to pay it. When I first started I charged nothing, but $20 was the typical amount most people offered me as a "thank you"

I pulled a little Honda out on Sat. hardly worth mentioning. I didn't even get out of the truck. The guy had a strap on it...just waiting for someone to hook it to.

Both jeeps had bald BF Goodrich AT's :laugh: Typical jeep starter kit. Though the FJ was SAS'd, and was pretty darn stuck. I had to use gravity to my advantage and drive my truck down the bank on the other side in order to pull him out because the road was so icy. Then he just locked his brakes and I used the winch to pull myself up the bank haha. Never thought I'd be doing recoveries in a stock Pathfinder

What do you mean "stock"? I heard you had a "Hella Lotta" sticker on yours. And how "tiny" of tires do you have? On the truck I drive now I just have stock size Michalen Man M/S 255/65/16" and have been very surprised by them. I was going to swap my 31 X 10.5" Wranglers (15" rims) on to it before winter but I know now I didn't need to. Both tire's pull great till the truck bottoms out, then brand/size/ etc.doesn't seem to help when they don't reach some ground.

When I get my winch on it will be mountable to the rear receiver. If I get stopped where I go the only way out is Back the way I got in there. Why drag it in deeper?

That is some good thinking kdj!

Do you mean the winch on the back? It's not for everyone but where I go on my trails by myself st#ff doesn't improve. Sometime you HAVE to back out not get in deeper.

Take into account it took me 35 years to get to this point. When I was younger the sloagan was "MORE VELOCITY....now what?"

Edited by kdj
  • Like 1