What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Replaced both of my oil filters in the parking lot of the parts store. Bought them, swapped them and walked back in a couple minutes later and asked if they took them for recycle. The guy was dumbfounded, then I showed him my setup.

So how are you setup to have 2 oil filters? Show us some good pictures of how it's done. ??????

Xterra,

Depending on how bad it is, you can live with a rear main seal leak for a good while.

Been there, done that.

You just have to be more vigilant about oil level and not be picky about oil stains.

Not ideal, but we all have to make choices with our money and what things come first.

Like I've said elsewhere, I'm not good with the oily bits. $900 sounds like a great deal to me.

For what it's worth, here's the estimate:

Estimate.png

If we were talking the electrical system (barring the little incident with the auto-headlight mod), I'm all in. Other than the long list of convenience mods, the only things I've done are new nerf bars and replaced the cold-air intake flex piping.

I would ask the dealer how they came up with that quote. Its just too high. If they really want your business, they will be happy to show you the time breakdown(but i already showed you that). Any other dealers in your area?
  • Like 1

Installed an automatic on/off headlight module to replace the one I fried last week.

Replaced both battery terminals. Also added a (marine grade) 6-fuse holder next to the battery, and ran the headlight relays, fog lights, and amplifier to there instead of directly to the battery. It's much cleaner now, plus I've got 3 open slots for "whatever".

And I made an appointment to take my truck in to have the rear main oil seal replaced next week - but not with the dealer.

Swapped subs again. This time another Obsidian Audio 12" 2ohm DVC and a 1000W Quantum class A/B amp. Upgraded the ground to 2GA, tomorrow I'm going to run OGA power wire with a distribution block to run my PPI speaker amp as well.

Found some rust starting under my rear seat. Removed most of it and put some rust inhibitor down there. No sign of it on the belly, it's all internal, which is weird.

Moisture that builds up in the truck can't evaporate under the seat or carpet. That's why when you get under the seat and carpet you find the rust. Also check out under the drivers side carpet real good. Always getting real wet in the winter/outdoor life our trucks live in.

Got my frame repaired this weekend. Was really hoping I wouldn't have to go through this whole ordeal again, but the passengers side spring perch started to tear off of the frame rail. We pulled the gas tank and plated the whole frame. It'll last forever now.

Got my frame repaired this weekend. Was really hoping I wouldn't have to go through this whole ordeal again, but the passengers side spring perch started to tear off of the frame rail. We pulled the gas tank and plated the whole frame. It'll last forever now.

every time you think you have found a clean one, that damn rust rears it's ugly head again eh? You gotta come grab west cost truck man, there are quite a few nice frames left over here.

Yeah I checked my carpet and it's wet under the drivers area. But I failed to mention I don't have the carpet under the rear seats.

Went up and tootled around the mountains today. Put a new coolant temp sensor on it.

I replaced my oxygen sensor tonight. I didn't figure it would take too long.

The oxygen sensor had other ideas.

IMG_1662_zpsechgumys.jpg

I'm pretty sure this job isn't supposed to require a welder, a slide hammer, vise grips, and six hours of my life. :pullhair: And no, it wasn't broken in half when I started.

On the bright side, putting the new one in was pretty simple.

I don't know how people have trouble with those...I just let the truck run for a bit to heat up the pipe, use a 22mm (or 7/8) wrench after I cut the wire off. and it comes off no problem. Even here in salt zone ontario.

Not exactly "today" but gave it a new place to park.

So how are you setup to have 2 oil filters? Show us some good pictures of how it's done. ??????

This\/

Dual remote filter mount, ran one on my old 87 hardbody for a while.

That /\ :D

I run the same one in about the same place, but I have my filters pointing down :shrug: