What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Disassembled swing bar and cleaned out all the rust and gunk from the hinges, reassembles it and greased it up so now instead of having to (almost) use a crowbar to open it can do it with 1 finger :lmao:

Tomorrow gettin new tyres so will almost be ready to take her offroad

Swapped out an alternator (twice) about a month ago when it crapped itself out. Replaced alternator belt (twice) since it was cracking so preventative measure!

Did it twice because first alternator belt they gave me was the wrong size. Had to go back and get the right now. 1st alternator was DOA. Had to wait for 2 hours for a new alternator from another location...

Last weekend, did an inspection on my pathy to hunt down P0171 (failed smog with high NOX... double legal limit). Found a vaccuum leak in the duct boot to the intake manifold. Ordered a new part (they wanted $120, local... got one for $30) since no junker had one on hand... popular problem apparently. Temporarily fixed with duct tape. Cleaned MAF (w/ MAF cleaner) and EGR and EGR port into intake manifold just in case.

The duct tape wasn't working out because it was running so rough and misfiring so I grabbed silicone tape that I had lying around, wrapped the @!*% out of that, duct tape to protect and put it back on. Runs a lot better now. No misfires but having some issues. Check engine light was on for a while till this morning when I started it up. No check engine light. Seems to be ok but definitely having hesistation on accelerating.

Tomorrow my part should come in and I can replace it properly. Then I can carry forward with proper diagnosis. Oh, I snapped the bolt that was holding one of the ground wire from the O2 wiring on top of the intake manifold. Slapped forehand, removed harness for spark plug wire and used the spot for the ground wire. Seems fine for now... Oy. Now I have to find out how to remove a bolt with no way to weld a nut on or anything because it's about 1/8" in the hole. Will probably have to find a left hand drill bit and center it. That's what I get for accidentally overtorquing.

Kick my rear bumper because it's barely hanging there. Will probably fix it with zipties.

Finally replaced the front wheel outer bearing! it only took 2 hours during my work day ( fortunately I arrived 1hr30min early and took ten minutes of lunch) and everything works perfectly so far!! Damn just wait until I get a photo of the remnants of the bearing!!!

Picked up my R50 from the shop, had it in for a little tuning and because I wasn't getting washer fluid in the windshield. They got me sorted out and free of charge!

ynetytyz.jpg

Mmmmmmm.....I think that outer bearing is done.

Wow, hope you changed the inner bearing at the same time! Along with the races.

Never seen that happen on a wd21 before, and I'm pretty sure mine has the original bearings.

replaced both ball joints.....what a PITA! who knew you have to remove the half shaft to get the dam thing out? only took about 4hrs.

bad news there is still a "clunk" somewhere up front when going over stutter bumps....I've now narrowed it down to sway bar bushing or steering rack.....hope its the bushing as I can live with that for awhile.

next up....a trip to the JK for a new trailer hitch (one that doesn't hang so far down) and a few other odds and ends.

Just replaced upper and lower ball joints on both sides as well as a bad outer tie rod. Also replaced the rubber upper control arm bushings with poly on one side so far. Never seen bushings that bad.. the UCA had nearly a half inch front to back play when I removed it from the ball joint. The old lady's truck is finally becoming a solid rig after all this work. Checked the other side UCA bushings but they are much more solid so we will save those for another day. Now time to go out for dinner.... i am tired and hungry after all that wrenching! Not bad for 8 hours work.

Edited by Nefarious

Dee dee dee here forgot the two small screws for the wheel bearing retaining plate when I did the front end. The bearing backed off a bit and let me know by wobbling on the way home. Sad thing is a year later I remembered exactly where they were sitting. :lol: All is well, no damage.

I pulled everything apart and there's no sign of any wear/scoring/heating. They have maybe 50 miles on them, the last two or three miles from home is when I felt it.

Not sure what "brinelled" means, but everything looks AOK.

Google it. Nope, none of that.

Edited by Kingman

Removed both lower trailing arm on the rear to validate the suspicion of the geniuses here. One bushing shot and the otters on the way out the!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well..... did't I just get myself into a whole mess of more trouble on Saturday. I decided that it was a great day to pull the engine's injector/ IACV/ Knock sensor/ everything important inside the engine bay harness and replace it with the new one from Nissan. And so I did.... and it took me 9 hours one cup of coffee, a bowl of cereal, snapping at my fiancee (sorry baby!) and two days to recover.....but on the bright side I know have only the one injector that doesn't work and the alternator wiring to repair.

Washed the outside again. Wiped down the dash and giggled at the drops of mud I always find(they never seem to go away!).

Also, been monitoring the temp gauge the last few weeks to monitor how the E-fan is working. So far so good. When it was over 90, the gauge did get up to 3/4 with the a/c on, but seem to be working well. Maybe picked up a half mile per gallon, maybe. But revs and runs a lot better(and quieter!)

Edited by 5523Pathfinder