What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Ha. We actually have those here too, can even get retrofit ones that plug in like a standard tail light bulb. However for $8-11 (free shipping usually) for 15 meters of the things in any color you want, the novelty of plug and play goes away. :aok:

I really want to put a big long red led strip that cycles up and back like Knight Rider but I'm afraid the police will find it most exciting.

Put a new BMC in it. Now to bleed...

I was going to do the Chevy swap but I noticed it's only got two outs instead of three and it's likely too long for my intake set up so I decided against it.

Pulled all the floor mats out and threw them in the washing machine and vacuumed the whole interior and boot space, found a couple of biros under the front seats too so that was a bonus. Would be better if I found some coin though.

Got the left side rear axle, bearing, and seals installed last night. Found out it is not a shade tree mechanic job. The press needed to remove and install the sealed bearing on the disc brake models was hard to find in small town CA. That lady T boned me right in the tire. Saved the body but tweaked the hub pretty good. That noise I thought was the torque converter? Nope.....

well it's not a pathfinder. but replaced the front rotors on the 04 Titan with some real nice drilled and slotted type to help stop the big Nissan. Thank God I have a real good breaker bar the caliper brace is set at 125lbs per the spec's not easy to break loose. tomorrow will bleed the brakes and give a good test drive.....hopefully the brake fade's will be gone, the stock brakes are pretty weak, the only thing I have always griped about was stopping power....we'll see! :tired::bounce::wackinit:

Edited by Nissanland

I sanded and painted the back/inside of my wheels black. I have the chromies btw.

The chrome pops nicely with the satin black backdrop.

I used a wire brush rotary tool to sand the front hubs and painted them black.

Did the same with my rear drums to get rid of the rust color.

Then I rubber sprayed the front wheel wells, frame, cross-member, A-arms, etc. Still need to do the rear.

And spent 10 hours doing it!

Thought about lighting it on fire then finding a cliff to drive off of but I really took a trip to Canadian Tire and spent $70 on ground straps, wires and brake cleaner. So instead of going on vacation I'll be fixing the Pathfinder.

Pulled apart my vg30 throttle body and gutted it for parts. Machined down the vg33 throttle body to accept the vg30 tps sensor. Mounted the vg30 tps backwards to match the throw of the vg30 throttle actuation. Machined the slot of the vg30 throttle shaft slot wider to fit the vg33 throttle plate. I now have a functioning vg33 throttle body with vg30 peripherals. Now just need to figure out the under plenum lines to make this tb work.... almost there! The vg33 throttle plate is so much bigger than the vg30 one, but the inlet outer diameter is the same so the accordion pipe will slip right on. Just a few more things to figure out and I will be running a full vg33 engine including throttle body and intake manifold in my 93!

I repainted my front bumper with Rustoleum hammered black. Better than the paint peeling and rust spots look. I forgot to take a before picture. I actually did it yesterday with some nice hot, calm weather. A rare afternoon without much wind can't be wasted!

IMG_1931copy_zps8f11dd78.png

• Like 1

Spent most of the morning Saturday changing out the totally rotten and partially missing strut rod bushings. Oh yea, changed the oil and added some Berryman's to the fuel tank.