What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

fixed the hole in my exhaust with my new cheap HF flux welder. Weld looks totally hack, but it works just fine, so it basically just paid for itself. I need to do some practicing that's for sure.

Changed a ball joint that had been clunking and making weird noise when I turned. Almost a catastrophic failure here...This was a MOOG joint installed in November. And you can see there was no lack of grease....

1908302_10152413810924233_55363926531038

Edited by adamzan

Drove to the store took my fiancee back home and did some wheeling through a small construction zone on the next street over.... not too many happy people on that street!!

sent from under Ernest the Pathfinder

• Like 1

Cleaned the inside of my windsheild for the first time since freeze up last fall...turns out I don't need glasses after all.

Edited by kdj

Finally got the stock fog lights and my new LED flood lights wired up and switched to the center console. Awesome amount of available light now! Too bad it is light when I wake up and barely getting dark when I hit the sack this time of year....

Sure looks like that ball joint is older than what you say, a lot of deteriorating action going on with it. You must run into deicer a lot. Ouch though !! Good save.

It was new in November I swear. It wasn't even rusty at all! I think it must have just been a bad part. Yea the salt doesn't help but I didn't drive it a whole lot this winter anyway.

Yea Adam we see alot worse decay from liquid deicer than we do salt out here on our 18 wheeler and it eats up the wiring like candy, destroys trailer lights. Moog should be replacing that BJ for sure without question

Installed new left head light and corner light, old one had rock chip hole and was full of water and rust, yay for two bright headlights. Now gotta get new right corner light PO installed light from newer model on that side with full amber lense instead of the stock 1/2 clear 1/2 amber lense.

Finished the Pacesetter headers install last night.... F@&*ing retarded bracket on the rear of the block on the drivers' side does what?? Gets in the way, prevents exhaust stud from sitting in its hole at full depth and leaks exhaust gases into the air..... ripped that off after breaking 9 studs, installing new bolts and nuts on the ones that are still intact and there find another retarded lip after the cross-over pipe right in front of the O2 sensor that prevents a good seal...... GOD D$$mnit to H.... ...... deep breath..... dEEEpppp breath.... and now it's on with silicon seal and another appointment to rent-a-lift later this month to fix the last of it. 9 hours later... plus whatever time it's going to take to fix the second lip.

Damn.... AND it was hotter than hell yesterday!

Bonuses: more power, stable idle, stable vacuum and content that 90% of a major repair is done.... time for a scotch!

Drove mine today, and kinda had a new love for it. i'm really liking my Pathy again, and may have to tell the wife she can't use it as a trade in..... then i'll just give her cash to use as a down payment for the "Big Truck" she wants lol

Was just surprised by my girlfriend with a new (to me) 1991 pathfinder SE for my college graduation present! So unbelievably appreciative, i am a lucky man. It is a black pathy with grey interior (what ive always wanted), with sunroof, LSD, rear discs, a bunch of poly bushings just done, nice stereo, snorkel, a trailmaster 4" suspension lift with brand new shocks and best of all, the body has VERY little rust and the frame is 100% immaculate. I went over it with a fine-toothed comb and there isnt one rusty or weak spot on it. Pretty rare for a west coast truck. Still immaculate powder coat all the way down. This one is the keeper, im never getting rid of it!

Plans now are to swap in the 3" body lift, custom 3" suspension lift and all the other goodies from my old truck over to this one, oh yeah, and the VG33E swap and associated parts from my other truck. I am seriously a happy man today! Good chance that custom rear lower control arms are in the agenda now since the rear will be sitting at about 7" of suspension lift! Pictures will follow suit!

Edited by Nefarious
  • Like 1