What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Parked it....back to driving truck over the road. The better half finally got cleared to work again, bout time! LOL. I'm not going to be putting any miles on it parked in the driveway. :) @least it won't be getting dirty til I get back that is.....

Edited by Nissanland

Recharging my AC today. As it's been over 95° here the past three days in a row. Good news is the Efan is keeping the engine cool in the heat. And replacing front wheel bearings, inner/outer and races. Also going to pull my door side rear view mirrors to repaint the moulding part as they are peeling some..

Recharging my AC today. As it's been over 95° here the past three days in a row. Good news is the Efan is keeping the engine cool in the heat. And replacing front wheel bearings, inner/outer and races. Also going to pull my door side rear view mirrors to repaint the moulding part as they are peeling some..

My new/temporary center link showed up today, along with the TREs that I have had waiting I got off work and decided Saturday morning was too far away. I put her on jack stands and got at it. The Deeza TREs look pretty healthy and they have zerks, yay.

It took about 1 1/2 hours to get everything back together, center the steering and set the toe by tape method.

Now I have 2 CLs to take down to the machine shop for modifications..... one will be up for grabs when they are done.

After I finished I noticed that FedEx had been here and dropped off my new shocks. I had some 5214s that HeloFlyBoy had given me but heard that the ones for a Bronco II had a bit more extended length and the same compressed length. Well, the new ones might have another 3/8 or so extended length and yes the compressed length is the same. Oh well, at least they are new!!

I will post pics when the center links are done....

I run the bronco 2 front shocks with 1" bj spacers and ES ultra low profile bump stops. no problems after 2 years with this setup and my truck is mostly used for wheeling aside from winter DD duty

I run the bronco 2 front shocks with 1" bj spacers and ES ultra low profile bump stops. no problems after 2 years with this setup and my truck is mostly used for wheeling aside from winter DD duty

Pulled my dash out and fixed the turn signal indicator one side wasn't flashing so replaced both with new less. Tried fixing my light switch because on high beam only one headlight works. Couldn't figure out which contacts to clean on the thing so I screwed the lever back on and buttoned it up for now.

Thanks! I was looking at those metal levers inside the switch and noticed they move up and down with each individual click of the switch. Are they meant to be bent like that? Also I noticed with mine had what seemed to be sticky oil substance in it.

Thanks! I was looking at those metal levers inside the switch and noticed they move up and down with each individual click of the switch. Are they meant to be bent like that? Also I noticed with mine had what seemed to be sticky oil substance in it.

It's been a while since I had mine apart, but if my memory is correct, yes, the metal strips are springy and bend to make/break contact, and those little boxes under the contacts (right by the 45° bend) are the pushrods from the switch mechanism. We're dealing with some high tech stuff here. :lol:

I don't remember oil in mine, but the oil is probably just there to keep the switch moving smoothly. Unless it's on the contacts I wouldn't worry about it.

When I had mine to bits, I cleaned the contacts, tried it, and then ended up eyeballing each contact for proper separation/contact when pushed. Bend them too far out and they'll never connect (had this problem after cleaning), too far down and they won't disconnect... it takes a little fiddling around. You can also hook an ohmmeter to the leads in the plug, figure out what's what, and then do a continuity check to make sure the switch is in fact making contact.

ha make fun all you want but for 35 mpg i'll take it. plus it's a hell of a lot faster than the pathfinder as well.

on the way to trade it i got passed by a geo metro. i was sad, but i passed him later on.

Yesterday, replaced clutch master cyl and slave. Wasn't half-ass working and looked to be filled with muddy water. Also sucked brake master cyl empty again with the muddy water and refilled with nice clean DOT4. Bled both systems till i got nice clean fluid out.

Today replaced timing belt, and waterpump. Flushed block AGAIN really wish PO had believed in coolant instead of plain water that makes 3rd flush, still getting rust colored yuck out. Runs cooler and heater starting to work better now.

ha make fun all you want but for 35 mpg i'll take it. plus it's a hell of a lot faster than the pathfinder as well.

I can throw a bagel to a higher top speed than a wd21