how long have you owned your pathfinder?

bushnut

we all know and love our pathys but how many years have you been driving one. Or if you've owned more than one, whats the longest you've kept one alive? My R50 is 12yrs old and has 207465 kms. I figure I should have it another 100000 km or 6years whichever comes first. Is this realistic or am I out to lunch?

Which one? I bought my first one (1995 XE M/T with 108k) and scrapped it over 2 years ago with 135k on it. Bought my second over 3 years ago (1995 XE A/T with 96k) and its in the garage with 107k on it. Bought the 3rd one not quite 3 years ago (1999.0 R50 A/T with 150k) and its in the driveway with 170k on it. Great vehicles! :aok:

My R50 is 12yrs old and has 207465 kms. I figure I should have it another 100000 km or 6years whichever comes first. Is this realistic or am I out to lunch?

As long as you keep it from rusting away, there is no reason you shouldn't have it at least that long. As above, our R50 has 170k miles (274k km) and runs flawlessly. FYI the record here IIRC is a doctor in the San Francisco South Bay who used it as a commuter and put over 500k miles (806k km) on it, 1990 or 91 I think.

B

we all know and love our pathys but how many years have you been driving one. Or if you've owned more than one, whats the longest you've kept one alive? My R50 is 12yrs old and has 207465 kms. I figure I should have it another 100000 km or 6years whichever comes first. Is this realistic or am I out to lunch?

I don't think you'll have a problem! Bought mine about 3 years ago with 214 km's, now i have 286 km's and i don't for-see any problems... hoping to get another 50 km's or at least two more years!!!

Bought my first 95 back in 2006, had 180,000km, just sold it to my buddy recently with over 420,000km on it. He is going to use it as a plow truck. Bought my 94 last november but only put it on the road this past march. Bought her with 230,000km and now has almost 250,000.

For the record my first 95 had the original motor, trans (auto), and everything else. I never even changed the starter! The body was getting pretty rusty and I didn't have the means to fix it right.

10 years. It's now nearing 300,000. Really as long as you take care of the basics it will drive until it rusts in half.

that's why I bought a MIG welder. The northeast eats vehicles.

my uncle bought my 97 new in Maine and drove it to FL and kept it there as his camping and fishing vehicle. in 2006 i bought it from him with 118,XXX on the clock and i have used it for similar purposes as of today its got 132,XXX and sitting a bit taller :laugh: and i plan on getting to half a mil.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well mine is an '88 I'm the second owner of it I've had it for just over a year, traded a '92 ford ranger for it In that year believe it or not I've put about 230,000 miles on it, I got her with 220,324 miles on. Now she sits at 450,702, fires right up, and no rust whatsoever on the frame, or under the rear seat, only at its three handles. Miraculously I got it tested for fuel efficiency and cruising at 3,100rpms doing 70 in 5th, or overdrive gear, it's a 5-speed, I get 28-31 mpg it still has the original build only had to do minor repairs, and it still has the original furthest back driver side spark plug, gonna pull those all and replace someday when I'm free, but the BEST DAMN VEHICLE I'VE EVER HAD!!

• Like 1

My truck was the 12xx one built...so 26.5 yrs old....i have had it for about 14 years it had 275 k miles when i dropped a piece of debris thru a spark plug hole and cranked it up...it started knocking so i replaced it with 2 bad engines i should also mention that i broke a timing belt and ate 3 valves at 210k or something like that and finally swapped over the 95 engine that has something like 160k on it...would still have the original if i didnt freak out and pull it and replace it...keep the tb changed and maintenance up and it will run damn near forever