What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I changed my oil today. Also replaced the fuel filler hose and associated vent tube. Never adjusted them after my two inch body lift, and was starting to get a gas smell around the back of the truck. Filled up afterward and so far so good!

The spectra replacement filler hose was actually longer than my stock one.

Does anybody else's fuel pump make an audible buzz when on? Heard only from outside of the truck in the back, but def audibles.

Narrowed my misfire issue down to the left bank (cyl 246), in particular, cyl 6 and sometimes 2, which means that my issue is restricted to ignition, timing or fuel problems... makes me feel a little better, knowing exactly where my misfire is coming from now. Not super sure what my next step is, but hopefully money wont be involved ;)

I researched the supposed RE4R01a-HD. From what I gathered, it refers to the Supercharged VG33ER and VQ35DE.

This got me curious. The diagram for the outside of the trans looks the same in the '03 R50 and the '02 WD22 manuals, except the turbine revolution sensor in the WD22 is marked VG33ER only. The cross section diagrams are a little different but who knows if the WD22 diagram is the standard version or the supercharger version. Why couldn't they ID the transmission model #s like they did in the WD21 manual?

I found that the radiator was a little loose... And i found a brokn part in the passenger side on the bottom...

I glue it with some espoxi resin and carbon fiber... I think it went well....

image_zpsc135nkax.jpeg

Washed it and cursed the black paint for showing every scuff!

Then put a battery in my parts rig to start it up and park it somewhere else. It hadn't started since last year but still fired right up like I'd just parked it yesterday. :( Stupid frame rot.

Edited by Slartibartfast

I brought home the new Mazda3 today to make the Pathfinde jealous and hopefully get it's sh!t together. The Pathy has never heard something burn rubber before now. Love this new car...but it's no Pathfinder!

Cranked the torsion bars back up to a little higher than stock and aligned it. What a difference an inch makes.

That's what she said.

• Like 2

Looked at it sitting in the garage. Summer weather is upon us here in NorCal and only drive when I have to haul something bigger than a backpack. 2 wheels, 50mpg, and wind in the face is how I roll.....

Put a new starter in her, the original one finally gave up. Only had about 186k mi. and 26 years on it. Think I'm gonna call Nissan consumer affairs and complain. Maybe I can get reimbursed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I remember my first Pathfinder...took me about two months to find it, and just got it mobile again after it sitting for a year and a half! As for my current one I just put some new trail rash on it today. Gotta love that prickly ash. It's a kind of bush/tree covered with thorns we have around here for those that haven't run into it before.

Edited by kdj