What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Local stealership... Dlr only parts. Cost about 160$ but worth every penny. That $hit$ been driving me crazy for years....

Part numbers :

90502-5W30B LOCKASSY-B $141.45

90570-70N1A STRIKER-BA $23.76

Did you happen to see pricing on the door lock cylinders for the front doors?

My air con was making a chirp sound when I turned it on. Found the clutch plate on the front of the compressor that makes contact with the metal was rubbing when the switch I activated. I got some ATF and put it in a spray bottle, gave the front of the compressor a few atf squirts, no more noise. I use atf for everything, cleans and lubes, it's great stuff.

I found my pathfinder 1/2 way low on oil on the stick, this weekend on a trip. I'm not sure if it's burning or leaking (the valve cover is very wet), but I had no oil to top it off with. So I just used 1/2 a litre of ATF. It's been 6000km on that oil anyway, so I guess I just did an engine flush lol.

• Like 1

Well :angry: Today, we finished putting in Pick n Pull Tranny #2 in Patti the 95 Pathfinder. GRRR... I need my TRUCK!!! The transmission was no good :deadhorse:

Good thing we bought the warranty... BUT...Pick n Pull has started moving the Pathfinders over to the Premier side so if I don't find one soon I'm going to have to either buy a $300 membership to premier or rent a UHAUL so I can go to San Jose to get one. I'm getting desperate....so I started researching. I found a Transmission Exchange site that said the following 4WD's have the same transmission. Here is what they listed. Can anyone verify that this is true??? If so, then I have a LOT more choices, but I need to make sure because I am paying for to have the work done too and running pretty empty here. HEEELLLPPPP!!!

Automatic Transmission Application Guide
www.txexchange.com 1/18/16
Model Years Transmission Type Engine Type/Size Transmission Model
QX4 97-03 4 SP 4X4 V6 3.3L 3.5L RE4R01A INFINITY
PICKUP 90-934 SP 4X4L4 2.6LR4A-EL RE4R01A MAZDA
FRONTIER 99-04 4 SP RWD/4X4 V6 3.3L RE4R01A NISSAN
FRONTIER 98-04 4 SP RWD L4 2.4L RL4R01A NISSAN
PICKUP/PATHFINDER 88-98 4 SP 4X4 V6 3.0/3.3L RE4R01A NISSAN

XTERRA 00-04 4 SP RWD/4X4 V6 3.3L RE4R01A NISSAN

Watched 'King Kong Lives' It's a movie from 1986 and had a brand spanking new Pathfinder pickup truck in the movie. It's a black and silver paint one, with the stock spotlights on the roof. Linda Hamilton driving it like a maniac too lol.

Get one out of an Xterra. Don't bother with anything else.

Thank you very much for the advice. I appreciate it

Watched 'King Kong Lives' It's a movie from 1986 and had a brand spanking new Pathfinder pickup truck in the movie. It's a black and silver paint one, with the stock spotlights on the roof. Linda Hamilton driving it like a maniac too lol.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Had a burning smell when I got to work yesterday. Oil was dripping on the exhaust shield. Tightened the valve cover screws - accept the ones under the intake - and sprayed some engine de-greaser on the back leaky parts. Rinsed it off and drove to work - gently. Only smell now is the remainder of the cleaner burning off. I hope this fixes the problem. I've smelled something burning off and on for quite a while. Was very strong yesterday. Just chemical smell now.

Took the floor mats out for a most needed wash. I wanted to put them in the washing machine but the wife stopped me at the last minute, doh! Laundry trough it was then. Came out smelling nice and later that day met a curious couple who had a dark blue Pathfinder and were interested in my Terrano and the little differences. I actually thought theirs was a Terrano but it had the Pathfinder decal on the back and the rear bumper had the decorative plastic piece on the top of it.

Always great to meet fellow enthusiasts! Gotta stay in touch for when part finding rears it's ugly head. Parts are so hard to find now it's either junkyard or Ebay.

Thought about him all alone at the shop and decided that I needed a few hours of tapatalk surfing.... particularly since I have seen 2 wd21s here in Kihei, Hawaii. One parked near illiili road and the other at the 76 station.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Went to Pick n Pull Again!!!

Helped Jim get tranny #3 for Patti the Pathfinder. Got one out of an Infinity cuz there wasn't any Nissans. Pray for Patti and I plz

My husband is trying to get me to sell her

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Train horns and compressor system all mounted and wired. Ive been having a lot of fun. :laugh:

Pictures and video, or it did not happen

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Got my Train horns and compressor system all mounted and wired. Ive been having a lot of fun. :laugh:

X 2!!

We want pic or video!!!

Is this a hornblasters kit?

I want so much a train horn on my Nissan's and my E-Superduty

Flushed out the radiator and cleaned the overflow reservoir. Refilled with Penrite coolant and yes I ran the engine with the heater on and parked on the slope of my driveway to burp the air out when refilling. Put a new rad cap on too.