What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

fixed a 2" hole in the floor right were my left foot sits....noticed the carpet was wet and when I pulled it up I figured out why......riveted a piece of sheet metal on the outside and epoxy/ steel mesh on the inside covered everything with a thick layer of rubberized bed liner.

Just a quick. Proof of concept with some scrap wood. Needs to be a hair less width and taller. Inside height needs to be 3-4" for me needs.

87d013156b37b22794855b97705d03a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I accidentally dropped a key down the side of my seat, thought I would be able to get it out but it was well hidden in there. I thought it was trapped in the rail part that slides the chair backwards and forwards so I had no other option but to unbolt the seat. Came out nice and easy. Found the key, it had disappeared under a little flap in the carpet. Sprayed the bolts with some lube, vacuumed the area so it's nice and clean and bolted back the seat.

Changed oil, filter and air filter; realized that there is no front skid plate, so I ordered the .1875" steel from 4x4parts.com. General clean-up of the windows (removing previous owner stickers etc),

Changed oil, filter and air filter; realized that there is no front skid plate, so I ordered the .1875" steel from 4x4parts.com. General clean-up of the windows (removing previous owner stickers etc),

Cancel the order for the 4x4 parts skid plate. Order one from Fluery instead. Hell I'd give you my 4x4 parts one. But not worth the shipping costs.

Why you ask? Lay under the truck and try to hold 45lbs with one hand and a foot and your forehead to use the second hand to try to start 2 bolts to hold it.

Fluery weighs 12lbs. I've hit a cinder block at 45mph with it. Didn't phase it. (block fell out of a truck on the highway. Safer to hit it than try to swerve/avoid)

Edited by Rebelord

just did both struts AGAIN! never will I buy KYB again. replaced with OME cost was stupid but the do seem more substantial. however the paint sucks. ended up with lots of scratches during install. while I was in there I also did both ball joints and the left lower control arm. what a long day. did I mention no power tools and I was working on my front lawn.

You ever replace the iron man front springs? I remember you also stating yours have basically collapsed like mine?

no I haven't. I also took one of the spacers out so now it's just the "lift coils" and 1in fleury's spacer. I can live with the rake I guess as it puts less stress on the rest of the bushings and such. not to mention I'm not worried about cv angles anymore.

no I haven't. I also took one of the spacers out so now it's just the "lift coils" and 1in fleury's spacer. I can live with the rake I guess as it puts less stress on the rest of the bushings and such. not to mention I'm not worried about cv angles anymore.

That sucks. My rears are holding up well though. I've alway been impressed with the rears. I'll keep those in and swap the fronts. Plus I do have a hard 50k on the front struts. If they seem bad I'll warranty them. Gotta love Autozone and Gabriel struts. Lifetime warranty. Even on wear and tear seals.

finished grinding all the excess leftover brackets.

I hope I don't run into significant issues with the engine alignment when I finish rebuilding the transmission. It's been a money pit.

20160512_174026.jpg

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

Well one step in my patch concerning my oil consumption. Over the weekend found a bunch of oil in the intake tube. Which consumption through the intake is very common with the 3.5l cars. To which they have catch can options available to them. Me? Nah. Just capped the intake tube part. Put a small cone filter breather on the PCV tube that would go to in the intake. Will monitor the filter for excessive oil and see how my oil consumption goes. If need be, Ill do a whole catch can setup. But I'll go the whole Home Depot route with air line filters n stuff.

Went out with a friend and tried to take the long way around on a National Forest road. Decent road, great views, nothing challenging (unless you count the rear end getting light on the washboards) and then we come around a corner and there's maybe 8" of wet snow (with more in places). Neither of us had the right tires for snow and it was deep enough that we were both dragging our skids. His Blazer got stuck, the Pathy pulled it out, and we decided that we'd come back later this summer once the snow is off. Nice to get off pavement though.

• Like 1

Received my 3/16" steel skid plate from 4x4parts.com; also received a K&N fuel filter and replacement wind deflectors from Amazon... today was a good day!

• Like 1