What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

drove it to my son's place of business in order to put pressure-triggered fireworks under his tires. He closes the restaurant at 2am and I'm sure he's groggy when heading to the car. Though it would be good to wake him up

• Like 3

Tried heating/quenching it this morning. No dice. Thought I'd remove it from the EGR valve up top, and work on it on a bench vise. Not 30 seconds later the part of the EGR valve that connects to the tube snapped clean off. :headwall:

Have a new tube coming from alkorhail, and a bosch egr valve coming from Rockauto. Guess I didn't need my savings anyway. :/

Yeah, that connector's a PITA. Luckily the last guy to take my '93 apart before me put antiseize on it. It got a lot more antiseize before I put it together again.

Did the screw happen to be attached to an engine mount? Lol

Lol no, it was a screw that holds my intercooler mount to the support bracket of the alternator. The intercooler was sitting up too high and rubbing a bit on the underside of the hood, causing the vibrations. Simply tightening this one bolt fixed all the shakes, rattles and rolls!

Lol no, it was a screw that holds my intercooler mount to the support bracket of the alternator. The intercooler was sitting up too high and rubbing a bit on the underside of the hood, causing the vibrations. Simply tightening this one bolt fixed all the shakes, rattles and rolls!

Bizarre.

Working on cutting and fitting my Xterra rack to my roof. Attempting to remount the front pads the way B suggested, by cutting the leg out and using the same hardware as the original setup. Except I found that I had lost one of the little metal tabs since removing the rack from the JY back in November... so I just used spare parts sitting around my garage and fabbed one up myself.. behold..

a0zztf.jpg

Now, what you see above consists of the following:

1 - metal seatbelt clip used to secure car seats (left in the glovebox by the PO, a grandpa who used the truck to drive grandkids to school), cut to the length / shape necessary to fit the rack tube

1 - T-nut, because I don't have my welder to secure the nut to the clip, and don't have a threader

1 - snip of a marking flag, in order to keep the t-nut from spinning as I tighten the screw

If this doesn't qualify as jerry-rigging, then I don't know what possibly could

Removed the roof rack so I could get it in the garage... prepping to address some of the leaks. PS comes first, it left a trail from the driveway into the garage.

Scrubbed the concrete, suggestions on fluid stain removal on concrete?

Removed the roof rack so I could get it in the garage... prepping to address some of the leaks. PS comes first, it left a trail from the driveway into the garage.

Scrubbed the concrete, suggestions on fluid stain removal on concrete?

Kitty liter and a chunk of 2x4 or 6. Put the kitty litter down and let it soak in for a few. Then put the piece of wood down and stand on top. Twist side to side, grinding the kitty litter down, crushing it. Work your way along then sweep it up. I've done it many time including in my own garage.

TSP and a pressure washer.

+1

oven cleaner works too, let it soak for a few minutes, then scrub and wash away. If you use kitty litter, try to crush it up and make it as powdery as possible

Edited by CO_pathfinder

well i changed the spark plugs took about 45 minutes with the handy dandy nissan spar plug tools then i removed the speed sensor cuse my speedo odometer cluster died so im gonna check that out, then the idler pulley was squeaking so i said to myself hey maybe its to tight noup just needed a little bit of wd40 also i had a leak somewhere so i took off the skid plate an there it is leaking coolant need to know where is it coming from any ideas??? o an on the way of removing that skid plate it is held on to the car with one bolt haha

so thats what i did to my pathy

Yeah, that connector's a PITA. Luckily the last guy to take my '93 apart before me put antiseize on it. It got a lot more antiseize before I put it together again.

You aren't kidding! I will be using plenty of anti seize on the new parts!

Today I:

Reinstalled my oil filter relocation kit with solid barbs instead of the leaky swivels. Changed my oil in the process.

Got my headers and y pipe mounted, but not torqued yet. Any advice for getting the passenger side y pipe to header connection complete? Wasn't able to get the washer/nut combo threaded onto the bolt closest to the LCA.

Successfully removed my broken egr valve, and the smaller hard line that runs to it.

Tomorrow I hope to finalize the headers and egr situation. Have an appointment on Monday to get the rest of my exhaust replaced.

Edited by Harbinger

get rid of those crap wheels first haha

Address any real problems first, like any mechanical issues and other functional needs before worrying about the minor issues like wheel preference.

:/

if you'll look closely, there is a spare on the vehicle. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that replacing a spare tire is the utmost important thing that he could do, because spares aren't exactly meant to be driven on for long periods of time. /rant

Edited by CO_pathfinder