What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

I like to keep things a little more tidy. If I can't get the horn to work through the steering wheel, I'd have to go with something like this in my console:

If you want to keep it even more tidy, you can do what I did and wire your horn to an interlock switch. I just made a little vinyl decal to stick over the word interlock, and since its a switch native to our trucks, you dont have to do any cutting to make it fit in any of the holes.. I can give you the wiring diagram for it if you choose to go that route

Loosened the center link bolts on my '88 on my '88 one cotter pin slot. Seems to steer easier at idle. Ordered some Hawk pads for the '04. Spendy bastards.

Heard a rustling noise near my trans shifter, I managed to lift the plastic up a bit on one side of the center console at the base and pulled out an old yellow invoice form of some sort. There was Japanese writing on it. I think it must be from original Nissan factory. I have kept it and put in glove box.

• Like 2

Rewired my red footwell lights, which allow people to see stuff that they drop at night without affecting nighttime vision.
Installed and wired puddle lights.. actually, they are small driving lights that fit just inside the triangular body mount just aft of the front door hinge line. very bright, and the whole thing is relayed/fused/switched by a factory fog light switch i pulled from a jy.. 1:30 am finish time because nissan uses 3 black wires on the fog light switch so I had to play around with it. currently dead

see y'all around

Got the horn and turn-signal-cancel functions working on my new steering wheel! I needed to sacrifice the back off the old wheel, but it had to be done.

I don't think there's a day in the past week or so where I didn't do something to the truck, but this day was particularly fruitful: I finally finished my driveline project. My donor front axle with Lokka and 4.636 went in last weekend, and rear diff with rebuilt LSD (175 ft-lbs) and matching gears in today to replace my open diff...took it for a spin, and the gears alone make a world of difference.

While at it, swapped in some brake shoes with less wear from my donor H233B axle, added a diff breather line (it just had the little nubby breather), replaced some wheel studs, and put a coat of paint on the brake drums.

Last weekend added another inch of lift up front (now 3" spacers + OME) and swapped in my 3" SFD spacers.

Also started re-assembling my R50 tire carrier tonight to get ready for mock-up (and drilling?) tomorrow. Had it and my sliders powder coated gun-metal the other week.

Peeked at my muffler because I noticed a hissing sound louder than normal. The exit pipe has completely separated from the muffler back plate, resulting in a big fat crack through which half of my exhaust is escaping. Huzzah!

Backed it out of the shop to work on a friend's rig and heard the sound of the exhaust rattling against the tow bar. I don't think it was hitting before I took the bar off... something's not right under there.

Did the front brakes this morning at the shop before work. The steering wheel shimmy is still there while driving but it's not magnified 10x when I hit the brakes now. I'm thinking my next step is going to be to remove the flanges and drive it to make sure the CV axles at such an angle from the lift isn't causing it.

New wix trans filter last night, new wix air filter last night, new rear window reg and motor, hand wash, triple coat of wax, new amsoil change, wix filter.... Oh and a car accident an hour ago... fskc!8bf9d66df1a5ee2acd41431ff72d29c7.jpg53164446542830735b8b72ada4546500.jpge4aa9c69bdf8fdfda693053c2c40b382.jpgc810f2ffa77a1d89b2f4bea71f6eb642.jpg

Edited by aussie4wheeler
  • Like 1