What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Had to dash to the parts store for a bearing lock nut socket (four prong chevy). Got it home and ground down two of the prongs and shaved the remaining two to fit properly.

D'oh, I should do that next time I replace my rotors or regrease my bearings instead of using some lock ring pliers to attempt to preload the bearing properly. :headwall:

Edited by Towncivilian

Drove it to work this morning, and heard the nasty sound of squealing that leads me to believe that the water pump is failing...

GRRR...

About 7/8 the way on gathering SAS parts, so when that is complete it will leave plenty of room to drop in the 4.3...

This is frustrating...

Drove it to school to find out about another funny sound from the steering and the front driver wheel is leaning slightly like / .

Got bored at school and jacked it up to remove the wheel and put it back on.

Where is the end of the hoses that run from the sunroof? How do they run after they run through the pillar that holds the windshield?

My buddy and I replaced the front passenger rotor, pads, and regreased the inner and outer wheel bearings today. It went a lot more smoothly and we were done in about 2 hours from start to clean-up. We had a bit of trouble removing the rotor/hub from the knuckle or spindle or whatever it's called, and trouble putting it back but other than that things went without a hitch.

I also adjusted my cruise wire, since I had forgotten to do so when I adjusted my accelerator wire.

day ended early at work today so I actually did something. Put my front sway bar back on with new bar-to-frame bushings, tightened the right valve cover and changed the left one (only needed tightened as well, could grab both and wiggle them a little :lol: , but now I have dual 710 caps), found where the vacuum line for the cruise went/installed, put a couple of dangling grounds back on, and re-siliconed my dizzy cap (had to take the dizzy out to change the cover anyway)

Drove it to school to find out about another funny sound from the steering and the front driver wheel is leaning slightly like / .

Got bored at school and jacked it up to remove the wheel and put it back on.

Where is the end of the hoses that run from the sunroof? How do they run after they run through the pillar that holds the windshield?

you always have issues. just drive it to me with title in hand, i'll hand you cash and you won't have to worry anymore

Replaced the Thermostat..... would love to strangle the engineer that put it where it is at!

yeah...I'm gonna need to do that one of these days. Mind giving me some details? What brand did you use? How hard would you say it actually was? How many hours? How many busted knuckles? That type of thing.

Thanks.

Here is what it looked like after wiping it down twice in the rain and air drying

030112123450.jpg

030112123443.jpg

030112123432.jpg

030112123419.jpg

EDIT: And the E-250 you can slightly see behind it is what I was driving when she was in the impound.

Edited by PathfinderIII

Uhm... why was your truck in impound?

I drove mine 90mph on the freeway cuz I was pissed. And pissed off more when a jeep commander (the gayest jeep ever!) Decided to speed up to 80 ish when I tried to pass him! :O

Here is what it looked like after wiping it down twice in the rain and air drying

030112123450.jpg

030112123443.jpg

030112123432.jpg

030112123419.jpg

EDIT: And the E-250 you can slightly see behind it is what I was driving when she was in the impound.

LOL love the rear hub caps

Edited by vagabond

I have a set of three for the 93-95 ish style pathfinders. The two rear and one front. The other front is like what came on the old ones. With the lugs.

Forgot to mention I fried second gear a lil bit more... smell came in through the air vents. :-\

:Dshouldn't they be on the front.

I know they';re hard to come by I'm looking for a rear and a front

Yea but I have 3 that look like that. So i only put those 2.

I have a set of three for the 93-95 ish style pathfinders. The two rear and one front. The other front is like what came on the old ones. With the lugs.

Forgot to mention I fried second gear a lil bit more... smell came in through the air vents. :-\

Can I have the front one? :]

I finaly replaced the PRND21 light bulb that's been burnt out since I bought the truck 1 1/2 years ago.

That one can be a pain in the ass due to the weird angle for the bulb socket...

I siphoned out some brake fluid from my reservoir today since it was overfull after brake pad replacement.

I replaced my TPS today and the VG34I runs much better. While out test thrashing it I blew the doors off a Scion TC in a stoplight drag race. Not that TCs are what I'd call fast, but at least the Pathy does better than just keeping up with traffic again. :D

Yesterday I bought a 93 MT today I re-soldered the door lock timer and swapped a few interior parts that needed fixed from my broken 94. Did a bunch of small stuff to make our new family car better while using parts off my broken 94 if needed.

Completed passenger front hub assembly then tested brakes, just to find the master cylinder was toast. After taking it off, I found it was clogged up wit jello-like goo :scratchhead: New MC ordered, should be here this morning. Decided to clean out brake lines to make sure none of the jello is clogging them up- sprayed brake cleaner through front lines then used air to blow it all out. Also ordered a whole new set of lug nuts.

Since I couldn't do more on the mechanical, I decided to tackle the lighting mods for the interior that I had planned. I re-wired the dome light and added a 3 position toggle switch. Then I added a blue florescent light forward of the dome. Also replaced the dome light bulb with a VERY bright LED group. The result is that I can switch between blue or white light for the interior (by door or switch on the dome light). I also added a blue 'night light'. It's a single LED, mounted just forward of the dome light that comes on with the dash lights to illuminate the center console area at night. It's not obnoxiously bright or distracting, just enough to let you see the console. The way it's mounted it's hard to spot when it's not on ;)

A friend dropped by as I was testing the finished set up and was amazed, he wants me to do the same for his Jeep Cherokee :rolleyes: