What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

filled all the trucks fluids up one by one, man that was about 100$ right there lol. finished some odds and ends bolts and clamps here and there. made my lower rad hose work with the new setup. finished up all the wiring and vacuum and plumbing. bolted up front sway bar and energy suspension ends/bushings. started fabribating the 2" exhaust Y pipe into 2.5" exhaust with flowmaster muffler.

Edited by Nefarious

torsion bars can go bad...?

apparently....my mechanic who did it said he reindexed them but the passenger side one wouldnt get cranked all the way up and my driver side one is barely cranked. It is causing a really uneven bounce in the front because of it and it is also way to stiff for my linking my air intake keeps popping apart its so stiff.

yes, torsion bars wear out just like springs, cause that's what they are! I'm not going to bother reindexing mine when I have them cranked and it still sits on the bump stops. just gonna replace them with sway away units.

Keep in mind SwayAways have a different Spring Ratio. They are more heavy duty then the OEM T-bars. When I swapped mine on my first Pathy, I found the front end gave me a bit more harsh of a ride because i didn't have enough weight on the front end. Maybe it would have been a bit better with a ARB and Winch on there. Perhaps my OEM's were worn out though and I was used to that from the day I bought it. I just bought the SwayAways when I did the lift regardless if I needed them at that time. Just a thought.

o ok well... mine were junk and the oem ones were probably about the same if not more. Im just hopeing its a litter better ride like they claim they are. If not then o well atleast ik they will be cranked evenly on both sides instead of oneway more than the other.

Replaced the brake lines on the rear axle and re-bled the system. One line broke as soon as I put the wrench to it. Nice and Safe! Put it back down on all fours. Getting ready to turn it around to work on the driver's side frame. Rust never sleeps!

Washed it, cleaned the windows, removed some seat stains, wiped down some trim and the door jambs. My buddy had a jug of some Turtle Wax car soap/wax he wanted to use up, so he just dumped the whole damn jug in the bucket and we washed our vehicles. The resulting liquid was lime green and the soap never seemed to wash off our hands, but it got rid of the jug. I bought 11 64oz. jugs of Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax for $3/ea at Tractor Supply Co. cause they were on clearance... 48oz. jugs retail for $10/ea. I don't think we'll be running out of car soap anytime soon.

Cleaned the MAF sensor, but it really didn't need it.

Checked the dizzy & rotor. They checked out good.

Replaced a fog light bulb.

Wanted to do more, but she's running sweet & my "to do" list has been all checked off, so I drove to the car wash & cleaned her up.

• Like 1

raised the transmission into place, bolting on the trans cross member, slide the transmission into the engine, bolted up the cross member, bolted up the trans, re-installed the starter and associated gussets, and inserted the drive shaft. Oh yeah, re-installed the torsion bars also. I don't think I cranked them up enough. The front end sits lower than the rears, but I kinda like it. Is it hurting anything? I'll crank them up for extra ground clearance if snow is supposed to come though.

It's amazing what you can get done if you put your mind to it. Wow.

Set the timing, cranked the bars up an inch or so over stock to clear my 33's, got wiring ready for electric fan controller, drove it up and down my driveway like 6 times since it's not insured yet and I wanted to try out the new vg33e power. :D

raised the transmission into place, bolting on the trans cross member, slide the transmission into the engine, bolted up the cross member, bolted up the trans, re-installed the starter and associated gussets, and inserted the drive shaft. Oh yeah, re-installed the torsion bars also. I don't think I cranked them up enough. The front end sits lower than the rears, but I kinda like it. Is it hurting anything? I'll crank them up for extra ground clearance if snow is supposed to come though.

It's amazing what you can get done if you put your mind to it. Wow.

The front end is supposed to sit somewhat lower than the rear, at least for the pathfinder version. Specs for setting the tbars are in the FSM.

Drove it through the mountain highway passes last night. Saw 7 (yes seven!) other cars / trucks upside down on a particularly bad 50 mile stretch after they wiped out on the slick roads. We got through it fine, then my wife said "I love this truck".

96 center console came to swap into my 92. also ordered a new hid harness that will allow me to use my bixenons again.

yesterday my center cap came that i ordered.

I am also getting a extra center console(incase mine doesnt swap right once i get mine in the extra is getting sold) so if anyone going to want one let me know and ill probably sell them it.

also monday i am going to be hopefully getting some toyota wheels (steel ones 16x7) so i can hopefully get new tires i want on them!

Edited by edicer2

Drove it through the mountain highway passes last night. Saw 7 (yes seven!) other cars / trucks upside down on a particularly bad 50 mile stretch after they wiped out on the slick roads. We got through it fine, then my wife said "I love this truck".

UPSIDE DOWN?!?!?! watttttt?

Anyways...my dad dug up the breaker bar and I changed the fluid in my rear diff. I don't remember why, but I only got 3 quarts of gear oil. I had this weird thought that 3 quarts would be enough for the front and rear diffs. Boy, was I wrong.

I got the fill plug out and it looked good. I put my finger in and the level was good. I pulled my finger out and the fluid looked fresh. It was golden and looked pretty good. "Eh, I'll change it anyway. So then I know what kind of products I'm running"

Good thing I did. I pulled the drain plug out and *PLOP* a huge clump of dark fluid/crap came out. Then it started pouring out fresh fluid. Someone probably just put some new fluid in without draining the rest or something.

The magnet on my drain plug didn't look too healthy. How much accumulation of metal shavings is normal?

I tried to get my transmission drain plug out...that ***** ain't budging. Anyone have any tricks? It's not rusted (aluminum, right?) and it's not all gunky and dirty. I was pulling on the breaker bar as hard as I could, but since I had to use extensions, the bar kept tilting and sliding out.

Any tips?

PB Blaster, then heat if necessary. Maybe drive around to heat up the plug and try removing it immediately after stopping, but be careful not to burn yourself of course.

What brand of fluid did you use for the diffs and what do you plan on putting in the trans?