Pathy Murdered, Me Hurt Bad

Alkorahil

Saturday night on the way home a guy lost control and smashed into my driver side fender, bent the wheel, flattened the tire, bent the grill guard, took out the cornering light and shattered the fender flares. Uscks but not he end of the world. Spooked me real good though.

My vehicle was moved to the side of the road on the shoulder. (3 lane highway, I was in the center) I was parked about 10 feet behind hte pickup that hit me. The Toll Road saftey officer on the scene told us to stay in our vehicles and that police where already dispatched. I sat in my vehicle waiting. I was spooked a little but not hurt. Just one of those 'this sucks' situations.

About 10 minutes later I looked up and saw the toll road employee turn and start to run and a the very same instant another vehicle smashed into the rear of my truck, lifted it up in the air from the rear and pushed my truck into the back of the pickup that was 10 feet in front of me. I was in total shock at this point.

I do not know how I didnt have very serious injuries. It was an 04 Kia that rear ended me, probably one reason I am still alive. That and I didnt see it coming so I didnt tense up. I am in alot of pain though.

the collision broke by seat, I was laying flat in a reclined position. I remember kissing the roof.

I remember something flying by me.

When I was allowed a few hours later to retrive my glasses and cell I saw that the center dash was destroyed and my tool box that weighs some 50 pounds was in the passenger foot well. I guess thats what flew past me when the car was lifted up on end. My cell phone was in the back seat, my glasses unde rthe passenger seat. Neither rear door would open. (compression). Looked like the frame was twisted.

My front end was impedded in the rear tailgate of the Nissan Frontier that was in front of me. The Kia was planted under my truck, my rear bumper up on his windshield. The entire nose was under my truck. If it had been a full size truck or SUV I honestly think I would be dead. I honestly dont know how I survived. The state trooper cited both guys that hit me with failure to maintain lane. I was not cited.

Remember, its the other people on the road you have to worry about. Go home and hug your wife/kids/significant other and tell them you love them tonight. You never know if the last time you see them will be the last.

-Rob

Jesus christ man that is one intense evening. I'm glad you made it out alright, how did the other drivers fare?

They say safety is one reason to drive an SUV, I definitely feel safer in my Pathy than if I was in a Kia. Good on ya that you made it out in one piece, and I hope you find another Pathfinder soon.

Wow, that's insane. Glad you are okay. If you havent, I would suggest going to the doctor. As someone usually points out in these threads, sometimes issue pop up a few days later. Take care of yourself.

Sad to hear about the pathy, but it sounds like you were lucky not to have met personally with your toolbox. I have been meaning to get one of those pet dividers in my truck for that very reason.

Oh SHEIT Rob!! Getting hit twice in the same hour?? WTF?? :ohno01:

Sorry about the pathy, but at the end of the day, it's just metal and can always be replaced. I'm just glad you are relatively OK and not in the hospital. Like Pezzy said, be very careful and go get yourself checked out. My dad was in a similar accident and while he wasn't hospitalised for any 'serious' injuries, it was a long time before he was well enough to go to work. Then again, his tool box didn't miss him...

Best wishes and let us know if there is anything we can do for you!!

B

First, glad your OK and hopefully nothing starts aching later. But damn, twice in a row! As Ryan said above, it's best to not wait in a vehicle.

Here :beer: sounds like you could use one :D

Why you never wait in a vehicle on the side of the road. Glad you made it and the Pathy kept you safe.

I'd rather be hit while sitting in the truck, than out. (That is, if you are somewhere you cannot walk to a safer place).

1. Glad your able to walk away from it

2. Sorry about your loss

3. Agree with GG, getting people out of cars is first priority arond these parts

4. As already stated, get yourself looked over just to make sure all is well.

First, glad your OK and hopefully nothing starts aching later. But damn, twice in a row! As Ryan said above, it's best to not wait in a vehicle.

Here :beer: sounds like you could use one :D

Seriously, what was that security officer thinking?

Every police officer I have ever talked to (or I suppose been talked to by) would never recommend for you to wait in your vehicle if there was a safe shoulder available

Glad to hear you're all right! Do go to the doctor though, a lot of the injuries you sustain in those type of accidents don't immediately start to hurt. They can take a while to crop up.

Dang, a girl from my school lost her dad that same way.....cept he was standing in front of his truck trying to get it going again..

Pics? You gonna try to truggy it out? Thats what I would be thinking! :D

Unless he rebuilds the frame too, it's a lost cause since the frame bent.

I saw my doctor today, they had me do an MRI and xrays of my spine, kneck and shoulder. He said the pain will get worse.

I have retained a lawyer.

I got some cool drugs.

Im beat. Ill post more later.

Damn Rob, sorry to hear about the accident. I'd be pissed at the guy who told me to sit in my disabled vehicle next to a 3 lane highway. Hey... if you decide you can rebuild the pathy, I know a guy who can get you a good deal on parts... ummmm... yea... anyway... Glad to hear you weren't more seriously injured.

Glad you are alive. I'm afraid the doc is right you pains will get worse before they get better. Hang in there and be strong

and don't get to bent up if later down the road you start thinking your feeling ok only to feel like a wreck again the next day. Be patient.

Take care,

-jacobs

I saw my doctor today, they had me do an MRI and xrays of my spine, kneck and shoulder. He said the pain will get worse.

I have retained a lawyer.

I got some cool drugs.

Im beat. Ill post more later.

Very sorry to hear this has happened to you. Hopefully the pain isnt going to be permanent. I wish you luck in your affairs before you. I would sue the @!*% out of both of those bastards. How are you going to know which one injured you? Or will you just have to sue them both?

Jesus dude, that's terrible! So sorry to hear, but it seems you're lucky to not be hurt any worse.

I'd go after the officer that told you to wait in your vehicle on a highway. That's ridiculous and common sense should deem that a bad idea to begin with! If he would have had you get out of the truck and wait alongside the road like he should have, then you wouldn't have sustained worse injuries from being rear-ended.

The pains do get worse before they get better, and they take a long time to heal. Just keep strong pull through.