Annual Npora Gathering

MrJim

What do you think about an Annual NPORA Event in Anacortes, WA?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How likely would you be to come to an Annual NPORA Event in Anacortes, WA?

• I would definitely come
    • Probably not

gf said the gas is $3.40 in the area there? they're talking about $3.00 by the end of the week in SC (cheapest gas in the us) which i'd hate to see the price here in nc i keep forgetting to look but i've heard its at $3....

I paid $3.39 this morning, that's up $0.11 since last night and $1.20 since Feb. And thats not the even the highest price in the area :blink:

I spent $2400 in fuel last month, and that was WITH 10 days off of work :angry:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I am hearing that it should be further out for the sake of planning. I can see that is a valid point. Maybe we could look at August or September. Some of you from out of the area could fly in. We would totally accomodate you.

Additionally, I do like the idea of a cross country trip one day. That could be interesting. It would be cool to do a domentary of that where we meet with new people in each state and about the experiences along the way. Interesting idea.

I always thought a gathering at a place like Disney, OK (not Walt's place) would be good since it is so centrally located in the US. :shrug:

BTW, not making it back to the left coast anytime soon, probably 2012 will be my next venture out there.

I would definatly be down for this! I tried to organise something like this for the West Coast members last year, but it fell apart rather quickly.

Trying to get a single gathering of all the US/Canadian members seems like a stretch though. Maybe have one on the East Coast and one on the West? We could have it be the same day, maybe even do an internet video conference thing! (OK that's stretching it a little...)

oh man if the truck was ready for it Moab would be soo sweet, I want to wheel there so bad and to meet up with as many of you guys well....that would just be AWESOME!!!!

Edited by Jarsiff

moab or ourey would be sweet. we do have an opportunity for an east coast gathering during nor-easter.

uh huh.... and are you going?

Additionally, I do like the idea of a cross country trip one day. That could be interesting. It would be cool to do a domentary of that where we meet with new people in each state and about the experiences along the way. Interesting idea.

that would be awesome, and as above, it sure would be a great advertisement for Nissan! i think it's just mainly the price of gas that would keep people away...

didn't a club do something like this in australia if i remember?

i think, if we had a year to plan, save, and prepare, we could get a lot of pathy owners involved. :bounce:

and moab is awesome :dance:

Moab would be worth the drive, so would Disney, OK. However, I'm not ready quite yet. I would plan this about a year in advance.

As far as driving goes, a lot of members could meet up together and travel that way. Say, if we were going to Moab, a bunch of us Easterners could meet up at a location on the way and travel together.

Edited by NismoSkyZ

im there its only like 95 miles from here in kent

but when i get there i want mud :angry:

but really il be there mud or no mud

good idea by the way

oh oh

will there be stickers cause i want some N.P.O.R.A. stickers

I just stumbled on this thread. It's a great idea to have an annual or semi-annual NPORA event. The first one (this year) can be in Annacortes, WA.

But, it sounds like many of you can't come and would prefer a location that is more midway between both coasts and planned out a year or so in advance. Moab, UT and Ouray, CO are excellent locales for spectacular scenery mixed with awesome 4-wheeling.

If this event were pushed out to, say August or September 2008, and held in Ouray, CO, how many of you would SERIOUSLY commit to attending? (You'll have no excuses, except for maybe if the world runs out of gas by then...)

Years ago, there used to be a week-long Xterra-only event known as "GOX" or "Gathering of Xterras" that was held annually in Ouray, CO. And many of you have probably heard about goneMOAB as well, which is open to all Nissans. With enough advance planning, there's no reason why NPORA can't do something like GOX.

That sound like what many of you are asking for. Why not start planning it now? It's 18 months away! Is that enough time for you? :)